Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Well, I dearly would love Clarkson but he apparently wants to go back home to Ontario to the leaves.
If he signs there I hope the Leaves get hit with tampering charges.
RoyalDude wrote: Simmonds would be nice as he is tough as nails but no way Philly is trading him.
Agreed on both counts.
RoyalDude wrote: They don't necessarily have to fight and be undisciplined lunatics out there taxing your PK unit all game like slow as a moose Ryan Clowe.
Actually Clowe is the guy I'm hoping for... if the Rags don't re-sign him.

Hear he was asking the Sharks for $34mil over 8 years.

He'd probably settle for $32.

Me likey $4mil cap hit.

And hey, if he eventually starts sucking due to old age you simply buy him out.

To buy him out at age 36, six years from now, would cost something like $1.33mil for 4 years.

And what's the salary cap gonna be at that point... like $100mil??

More importantly, we win Stanley at some point in the next coupla years with what we have + assholes. :mex:

Did I mention Ryan Clowe HATES Joe Thornton with a passion. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
That's a nice dream Dude. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I forgot Gudranson is a righty

how about making one of the two righty shrimps available - Bieksa or Corrado or the Bean pole - Tanev instead of Edler?

look how big our D is now with Edler, Garrison and Gudranson? AND YOUNG Too, if we make old man Casual Kev part of the package??? Might have to part with more

Luongo
Bieksa
Schroeder
our 1st round pick

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
Florida's 2nd round pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
That's a nice dream Dude. :mex:
You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:I forgot Gudranson is a righty

how about making one of the two righty shrimps available - Bieksa or Corrado or the Bean pole - Tanev instead of Edler?

look how big our D is now with Edler, Garrison and Gudranson? AND YOUNG Too, if we make old man Casual Kev part of the package??? Might have to part with more

Luongo
Bieksa
Schroeder
our 1st round pick

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
Florida's 2nd round pick
Our first-rounder isn't worth a helluva lot more than Florida's second.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I forgot Gudranson is a righty

Luongo
Bieksa
Schroeder
our 1st round pick

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
Florida's 2nd round pick
Our first-rounder isn't worth a helluva lot more than Florida's second.
It's still a higher pick than there 2nd round pick. Might be enough to entice them, if they like someone in that spot???? :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.
Some of those centres also play wing.

I dunno, we'll work something out with the Panthers.

The great thing is I can still cheer for Lou if he's in Florida.

Especially when he plays the Leaves 7 times per year. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.

Come on Doc, don't be such a Debbie Downer, Buzz Kill! The Panthers need some veteren stability leadership, marquee name, a Florida native. Luongo is the man, they might just give us something worth while back with the McKinnon train coming to town.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Come on Doc, don't be such a Debbie Downer, Buzz Kill! The Panthers need some veteren stability leadership, marquee name, a Florida native. Luongo is the man, they might just give us something worth while back with the McKinnon train coming to town.
Maybe Tallon is looking up north and seeing how well all those highly-touted kid forwards are doing in Edmonton, and figuring now might be a good time to get a tender before he runs out of ice time for all his young studs.

I wager it will take more than Luongo to get the players coming back that Gillis needs, but Luongo will no doubt be the centre-piece.

I myself would watch Leaf-Panther games if only to watch Luongo stick it to Randy the Cheezeburglar. :D
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Offer the twins $4.5mil each (3 year deals) and threaten them with a good beating if they refuse. :drink:
They own ponies.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Wasn't Dank quoted as saying they only wanted one year deals after this contract expires? Sorta going the Lidstrom way and taking it one year at a time here on out.

Depending upon when they talk extension I'd do 5 million each for one more year. If they still produce at a point a game clip they will be well worth it.

Whether they stay or whether they test FA they know if they want to stay together they may have to take less than market value, unless they go to Tampa for a year. Of course they could end up in Toronto on one year deals :D Nonis would do it just to try and piss MG off.
The only HW the Canucks need
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm like you Doc, I get the feeling that Luongo is going to the Panthers. It won't be earth shattering what we get back, but that is where he is going, IMO. Maybe, just Maybe, the Panthers drafting centre McKinnon in which they'd be crazy not to if Colorado pics Jones in which I think they should. Maybe it makes young centres like Bjugstad or Shore expendable??? How about this,

Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
RoyalDude wrote:I have been completely against trading Edler
Forgot to take your Mëds again?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Vic with your bee in your bonnet take note of what my arm chair GM trade has coming this way in return. Yes! A defenseman! Who is younger and bigger! Unlike some mongoloids who are trading Edler for just a forward only
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:Hey Vic with your bee in your bonnet take note of what my arm chair GM trade has coming this way in return. Yes! A defenseman! Who is younger and bigger! Unlike some mongoloids who are trading Edler for just a forward only
So you are not completely against trading Edler?

So if Gillis fails to trade Edler for help where it's needed he's a fuck up. If Gillis does trade Edler, he's a fuck up.

I get it now.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Burrows, Bieksa and Schroeder for a high-end top-six winger with some jam.

Get a physical third-line center and a stay-at-home punishing D-man via free agency and/or Luongo trade.

Trade Ballard for a pick if possible, if not buy him out.

Start the season with Kassian and Booth in the top six and see how things go. Look to get another top-six winger at the deadline.

Use free-agency to land at least one BAMF who can skate and check for the fourth line. Weise/Lain/Sestito would be a disaster.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society