A little Gossip Before I fly Away

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: A little Gossip Before I fly Away

Post by ukcanuck »

ESQ wrote:Bump-worthy, from May 9, 2013:
Hockey Widow wrote: The other interesting thing I have heard is that the scuttle butt is that if the NYR lose in round one Torts will be history and he is number one on MG's list to replace AV, should AV not be kept around. I find this hard to believe because of the personality issues involved but its what I hear.
^^^
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Good to know Torts was on MG's radar all along, not just the godfathers.

HW
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I gotta hand it to you H-Dubs, nice frigging work.

BTW my cell is disconnected right now and I'm out of town for a few weeks... I'm totally not avoiding your calls. I'll try to get back to you late-summerish.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: The other interesting thing I have heard is that the scuttle butt is that if the NYR lose in round one Torts will be history and he is number one on MG's list to replace AV
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aquaman, please make it stop!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

HW, you mentioned in the other thread that at a certain point Torts wasn't the #1 choice. Any knowledge of who was ahead of Torts?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

FAN wrote:HW, you mentioned in the other thread that at a certain point Torts wasn't the #1 choice. Any knowledge of who was ahead of Torts?
Tippet, well at least they wanted a chance to interview him so its hard to say he was their number one choice. I think number one was Torts and that was made clear to the players during their exit interviews, well some of them anyway, apparently, at least that is why I heard it from some players talking about it after their exit interviews and saying that NYR had made it clear if the team faltered Torts was gone and MG saying if that happened he would be their prime target. I just didn't really believe it to be honest.

I suspect that Torts was number one from ownership point of view and MG had the freedom to find a coach that presented better. They were waiting to see if they had a chance to interview Tippet and I think if they had had that chance then it would have come down to those two.

As far as I know they were not interested in anyone else. They wanted experience and a culture change, a new message. There was a feeling that under AV players were not held accountable enough.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
FAN wrote:HW, you mentioned in the other thread that at a certain point Torts wasn't the #1 choice. Any knowledge of who was ahead of Torts?

As far as I know they were not interested in anyone else. They wanted experience and a culture change, a new message. There was a feeling that under AV players were not held accountable enough.
Just a "feeling" eh...... :roll:

:P