Canucks Acquire Joacim Eriksson

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Acquire Joacim Eriksson

Post by dbr »

Mondi wrote:So you think Andrew Ference is also softer than Corrado, Tanev, and Ballard?
Did I say that?

Of course, I also didn't list Ference and then finish that thought with "let's get some 6'2 215 lbs defensemen".. Ference gives up three inches and 25 lbs on a guy like that.

I'd say our D could use some size (as it is they compare pretty closely to Chicago's blueline.. a couple of big 6'2 6'3 guys over 210 lbs and most of the rest are about 6'0 and between 190 and 205 lbs).

But more importantly (and to agree with Lancer's post) we need some more nastiness. If we keep Edler and Corrado outplays everyone else to win a job on the blueline then it is what it is, but if we dump Edler and Ballard and are looking for a guy to play on the third pairing I'd like to get an Andrew Alberts that actually belongs in the lineup, and who might play well enough to end up on the ice at the same time as the opponents best players and may even clobber one every now and then.
And if Joacim Eriksson is the backup, I'll buy his sweater.
:thumbs:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Can we start a trade Cory for top 5 draft thread now?

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

What are the chances that this sets Gillis up to shop Lack around or add him to a proposal as some incentive.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:What are the chances that this sets Gillis up to shop Lack around or add him to a proposal as some incentive.....

If one of them backs up CS we still need two goalies in Utica so I don't see his signing as anything but depth, unless he picks up another goalie with experience over the summer.
The only HW the Canucks need