Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
12
7%
Edler
44
25%
Booth
45
26%
Higgins
8
5%
Bieksa
15
9%
Ballard
45
26%
Hamhuis
2
1%
None of the above
2
1%
 
Total votes : 173

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Agreed that we need Kassian to have a breakout season.

He's only 22 though so it might be a tad early.

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

.... you NEED those other two top 6 guys to be assholes!

And of course, as we both know, our dee needs to become more assholish.

Gillis has TRIED to make this team more assholish... and failed.

This summer may very well be his last chance.


Well, I dearly would love Clarkson but he apparently wants to go back home to Ontario to the Leafs. Simmonds would be nice as he is tough as nails but no way Philly is trading him. There just isn't a lot of those types of players out there. And with the way the Bruins are setting the tone of the game now, those types of players are going to be real hard to come by.

The bottom line is, I don't want no Parros, Hordichuk type playing 2 minutes a game on the fourth line only to partake in staged fights with the other teams goon. A complete waste of time and not what we need. We need more big bodies who can crash and bang, skate like the wind, and come with skill. They don't necessarily have to fight and be undisciplined lunatics out there taxing your PK unit all game like slow as a moose Ryan Clowe.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Agreed that we need Kassian to have a breakout season.

He's only 22 though so it might be a tad early.

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

.... you NEED those other two top 6 guys to be assholes!

And of course, as we both know, our dee needs to become more assholish.

Gillis has TRIED to make this team more assholish... and failed.

This summer may very well be his last chance.


Zack has enough time on his resume now, it's time for him make a statement now, instead of being an audience member, floating around with late hits, long after the play, that mean nothing. He needs to set the tone, work on his anticipation, get his head into it, instead of his usual react to the play which makes him always behind the play.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm like you Doc, I get the feeling that Luongo is going to the Panthers. It won't be earth shattering what we get back, but that is where he is going, IMO. Maybe, just Maybe, the Panthers drafting centre McKinnon in which they'd be crazy not to if Colorado pics Jones in which I think they should. Maybe it makes young centres like Bjugstad or Shore expendable??? How about this,

Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:12 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Well, I dearly would love Clarkson but he apparently wants to go back home to Ontario to the Leafs.


If he signs there I hope the Leaves get hit with tampering charges.

RoyalDude wrote:Simmonds would be nice as he is tough as nails but no way Philly is trading him.


Agreed on both counts.

RoyalDude wrote:They don't necessarily have to fight and be undisciplined lunatics out there taxing your PK unit all game like slow as a moose Ryan Clowe.


Actually Clowe is the guy I'm hoping for... if the Rags don't re-sign him.

Hear he was asking the Sharks for $34mil over 8 years.

He'd probably settle for $32.

Me likey $4mil cap hit.

And hey, if he eventually starts sucking due to old age you simply buy him out.

To buy him out at age 36, six years from now, would cost something like $1.33mil for 4 years.

And what's the salary cap gonna be at that point... like $100mil??

More importantly, we win Stanley at some point in the next coupla years with what we have + assholes. :mex:

Did I mention Ryan Clowe HATES Joe Thornton with a passion. :thumbs:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7227
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:15 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson


That's a nice dream Dude. :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7227
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:17 pm

I forgot Gudranson is a righty

how about making one of the two righty shrimps available - Bieksa or Corrado or the Bean pole - Tanev instead of Edler?

look how big our D is now with Edler, Garrison and Gudranson? AND YOUNG Too, if we make old man Casual Kev part of the package??? Might have to part with more

Luongo
Bieksa
Schroeder
our 1st round pick

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
Florida's 2nd round pick
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson


That's a nice dream Dude. :mex:


You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:19 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I forgot Gudranson is a righty

how about making one of the two righty shrimps available - Bieksa or Corrado or the Bean pole - Tanev instead of Edler?

look how big our D is now with Edler, Garrison and Gudranson? AND YOUNG Too, if we make old man Casual Kev part of the package??? Might have to part with more

Luongo
Bieksa
Schroeder
our 1st round pick

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
Florida's 2nd round pick


Our first-rounder isn't worth a helluva lot more than Florida's second.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I forgot Gudranson is a righty

how about making one of the two righty shrimps available - Bieksa or Corrado or the Bean pole - Tanev instead of Edler?

look how big our D is now with Edler, Garrison and Gudranson? AND YOUNG Too, if we make old man Casual Kev part of the package??? Might have to part with more

Luongo
Bieksa
Schroeder
our 1st round pick

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
Florida's 2nd round pick


Our first-rounder isn't worth a helluva lot more than Florida's second.


It's still a higher pick than there 2nd round pick. Might be enough to entice them, if they like someone in that spot???? :mex:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:25 pm

RoyalDude wrote:You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.


Some of those centres also play wing.

I dunno, we'll work something out with the Panthers.

The great thing is I can still cheer for Lou if he's in Florida.

Especially when he plays the Leaves 7 times per year. :D
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7227
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Roster Questions

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.


Some of those centres also play wing.

I dunno, we'll work something out with the Panthers.

The great thing is I can still cheer for Lou if he's in Florida.

Especially when he plays the Leaves 7 times per year. :D


Come on Doc, don't be such a Debbie Downer, Buzz Kill! The Panthers need some veteren stability leadership, marquee name, a Florida native. Luongo is the man, they might just give us something worth while back with the McKinnon train coming to town.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4377
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Lancer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:You don't think it's possible? With McKinnon coming, the Panthers have way too many young centres now.


Some of those centres also play wing.

I dunno, we'll work something out with the Panthers.

The great thing is I can still cheer for Lou if he's in Florida.

Especially when he plays the Leaves 7 times per year. :D


Come on Doc, don't be such a Debbie Downer, Buzz Kill! The Panthers need some veteren stability leadership, marquee name, a Florida native. Luongo is the man, they might just give us something worth while back with the McKinnon train coming to town.


Maybe Tallon is looking up north and seeing how well all those highly-touted kid forwards are doing in Edmonton, and figuring now might be a good time to get a tender before he runs out of ice time for all his young studs.

I wager it will take more than Luongo to get the players coming back that Gillis needs, but Luongo will no doubt be the centre-piece.

I myself would watch Leaf-Panther games if only to watch Luongo stick it to Randy the Cheezeburglar. :D
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Topper » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Strangelove wrote:Offer the twins $4.5mil each (3 year deals) and threaten them with a good beating if they refuse. :drink:

They own ponies.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4699
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Wasn't Dank quoted as saying they only wanted one year deals after this contract expires? Sorta going the Lidstrom way and taking it one year at a time here on out.

Depending upon when they talk extension I'd do 5 million each for one more year. If they still produce at a point a game clip they will be well worth it.

Whether they stay or whether they test FA they know if they want to stay together they may have to take less than market value, unless they go to Tampa for a year. Of course they could end up in Toronto on one year deals :D Nonis would do it just to try and piss MG off.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Roster Questions

Postby vic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 am

RoyalDude wrote:I'm like you Doc, I get the feeling that Luongo is going to the Panthers. It won't be earth shattering what we get back, but that is where he is going, IMO. Maybe, just Maybe, the Panthers drafting centre McKinnon in which they'd be crazy not to if Colorado pics Jones in which I think they should. Maybe it makes young centres like Bjugstad or Shore expendable??? How about this,

Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson


RoyalDude wrote:I have been completely against trading Edler


Forgot to take your meds again?
User avatar
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests