Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by tantalum »

Per wrote:
tantalum wrote:HFBoards is confirming the canucks have signed Patrick Mullen. He's a undersized 27 year old, RHS offensive D-man. 2 way deal at NHL min. Seems to be clearly a Utica signing. Pretty strong numbers in the AHL his first two season coming from college (61 pts in 136 games, 41 in 69 for 2011/2012). Last year he was hurt and only played 2 games.
It's an extension. The Nucks already owned him. The two games he played this season was with the wolves.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24897
I'm pretty sure I never said they were signing him as a free agent.....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"Canucks’ Keith Ballard’s agent says buyout would be ‘good' for blueliner, give him ‘a fresh start’"

"My guess is they are going to push the trade front as hard as they can, probably up to the (June 30) draft, and see where that takes them," Hankinson said of the Canucks and Ballard."
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

rats19 wrote:Do share
http://www.natashazimbaro.com/

2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

SKYO wrote:"Canucks’ Keith Ballard’s agent says buyout would be ‘good' for blueliner, give him ‘a fresh start’"
Wouldn't it be good for Ballard's agent too? More money for both Ballard and his agent if Ballard is bought out.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So the Canucks have had exploratory talks with the agent for Maxi Lappy on a contract extension. Lappy wants a 3-4 year deal and is open to testing FA, although his preference is to remain a Canuck. Canucks have shown some interest on a 2 year deal but won't make any decisions until they hire a new coach, which they expect to do shortly.

Canucks looking at around 1.2 on a 2 year deal. Lappy looking for 3-4 year deal don't know for how much.
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I might take that 2 year deal. This team needs a culture change but it also needs a full complement of NHL forwards, and a new coach might be able to achieve the former anyway.

Worst case scenario, I doubt Max makes it through waivers.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Torres just signed for $2 million per season, for 3 yrs with the Sharks. Lappy's agent will no doubt be looking for similar money...they are pretty comparable players.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Zedlee wrote:Torres just signed for $2 million per season, for 3 yrs with the Sharks. Lappy's agent will no doubt be looking for similar money...they are pretty comparable players.
Dunno about that. Torres has better pedigree, and his agent knew (judging from the deadline traffic) that his boy was valuable enough to get that much or better on the open market.

As for Lappy, he's never shown to be better than a good 4th-liner who can do part time on the 3rd line. He's not going to command $2+ mill/yr on the market.

Sounds like he wants term above all, so maybe he eats some price ($1-1.25 mill/yr) for 3 years. At that rate, he'll be working no matter where. Two years would be ideal term length, but I'd be happy if they relented and gave him 3.

Just don't give him a NTC/NMC! :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lancer wrote:
Zedlee wrote:Torres just signed for $2 million per season, for 3 yrs with the Sharks. Lappy's agent will no doubt be looking for similar money...they are pretty comparable players.
Dunno about that. Torres has better pedigree, and his agent knew (judging from the deadline traffic) that his boy was valuable enough to get that much or better on the open market.

As for Lappy, he's never shown to be better than a good 4th-liner who can do part time on the 3rd line. He's not going to command $2+ mill/yr on the market.

Sounds like he wants term above all, so maybe he eats some price ($1-1.25 mill/yr) for 3 years. At that rate, he'll be working no matter where. Two years would be ideal term length, but I'd be happy if they relented and gave him 3.

Just don't give him a NTC/NMC! :lol:
Yup, Torres probably could have got more in the open market, but I guess he like's the team there in SJ.

2 years at $1.2 for Max would be alright, but if he wants more term then no thanks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the Canucks short of NHl centres I think Lappy will demand a little more and some term. I think he would take a 3 year 1.5 deal if the Canucks would bite. Not knowing how things turn out in the Luongo deal and with Ballard the Canucks may be hard pressed to get a better up grade for any less. Here is hoping they can get a centre back in a Luongo deal and that makes Lappy a little more expendable.

I think if the cap was right the Canucks would go to a three year deal but at this point I guess they want a new coach and then some input from that coach. No sense locking up lappy if the coach you get can't work with him. One of the reasons MG pulled the trigger for him was his past relationship with AV and AV said he could work with him. It was a good marriage but no saying how a coach like Torts, lets says, would feel about him.

AS a FA Lappy will get a 3-4 year deal for 1.5-2 million per.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hell no to Yappierre. He is a decent 4th line centre but I can't fucking stand the guy. Time to start weeding out the turtles/ cheap pricks. I'm looking at a certain biter/ hair puller here too.....maybe a mouthy American who patterns his game after Greg Lougainus.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hell no to Yappierre. He is a decent 4th line centre but I can't fucking stand the guy. Time to start weeding out the turtles/ cheap pricks. I'm looking at a certain biter/ hair puller here too.....maybe a mouthy American who patterns his game after Greg Lougainus.
So trade em all to the Rags Blobby? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hell no to Yappierre. He is a decent 4th line centre but I can't fucking stand the guy. Time to start weeding out the turtles/ cheap pricks. I'm looking at a certain biter/ hair puller here too.....maybe a mouthy American who patterns his game after Greg Lougainus.

Finally, we agree on something.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:With the Canucks short of NHl centres I think Lappy will demand a little more and some term. I think he would take a 3 year 1.5 deal if the Canucks would bite.
Torres is a better and more proven player than LapDawg, if Torres gets $2, I think $1.5 if fair for Lappy. I like being strong down the middle, so I wouldn't mind giving him a 3 year deal.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I thank now that Torts should be announced with the next day or two as the new coach we will see more personnel movement. Does MG trade Roy's right? Does he trade Raymond's right? Does he extend Lappy and Tanev? Does he find a taker for Ballard, for Booth? Will a Luongo deal get announced between now and the draft, a mere 7 days away? Does Manny retire and become an assistant coach?

Will he exercise a buyout or two before the draft?

Usually we have a few weeks to a month to get ready for the funny season but it begins as soon as the cup is won.

A lot of speculation that several tams have deals about out be announced but they or Bettman does not want to take eyes off the finals so they wait patiently until the cup is hoisted. Will we see a rush then of announcements form around the league?