Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Coaches canned

Postby Arachnid » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

sagebrush wrote:^^

It also may lend credence to the report by Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliotte Friedman that goalie Henrik Lundqvist‘s noncommittal response to a question about re-signing in New York was a factor in Tortorella’s firing.

Heh, Sean Avery, you little shit, still an NHL fucktard after retiring.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Alain Vigneault given a 5-year 10 million dollar deal to be the new head coach of the New York #Rangers
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby tantalum » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:12 pm

No wonder AV told the Stars he was no longer interested in entertaining that opening!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Been reported that Dallas had the same offer, guess AV wanted to be far away from his old team...and Fiddler.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Happy for AV that he got that big deal. Doesn't mean he will last 5 years but he at least has a contract for 5 years. Good on him.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Mondi wrote:No need to be overly-sensitive about rude posters, but there also no need to be rude.

Like omg Mondi, you're BOTH!! :crazy:

:mrgreen:

It seems unreal to me that Gillis gives Torts two interviews.

Either Gillis is gutsier than I thought... or Aquaman is pressuring him.

Personally I'm going with the latter for the time being....
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Happy for AV that he got that big deal. Doesn't mean he will last 5 years but he at least has a contract for 5 years. Good on him.

I can hear him giggling from here.

The Rags deserve him amirite? :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby vic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:54 pm

SKYO wrote:Been reported that Dallas had the same offer, guess AV wanted to be far away from his old team...and Fiddler.

He needed a goalie.

Lundqvist has put up better numbers than Lehtonen in his career.
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby herb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Hiring Tortorella would certainly be more of a “bold move” than going with Stevens.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:08 pm

herb wrote:Hiring Tortorella would certainly be more of a “bold move” than going with Stevens.

Yep.

Anyone hear anything about Boucher's chances?
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby ESQ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:16 pm

vic wrote:Has any player who played under Torts demanded a trade? Serious question, I don't know the answer...

I was reading another commenter talking about Gaborik demanding a trade, he was presuming it was due to Torts (and from his treatment in 24/7 that's not surprising).

What's really odd is Gabby getting traded for perhaps less than Sather would have gotten in the off-season, but Sather firing the coach that was the problem a few months after the trade :shock:

Which again leads me to give Torts the benefit of the doubt for the results he got with a shitty (or at least over-rated) team working under the worst GM in the league.
There may be some members of the Vancouver Sports Media who want out, but that would be a welcomed change.

This is the biggest upside for me. I'd love to see how long Gallagher lasts with his little unsubstantiated snipes and armchair coaching in the paper.
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:28 pm

vic wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:I think the biggest threat of Torts coming in would bethat certain players might tune him out and demand a trade..
Has any player who played under Torts demanded a trade? Serious question, I don't know the answer...

If that's happening 2-3 years from now, you have an issue, and this is where Torts' shelf life comes into question. If that's happening 2-3 weeks into the season, I don't want that player on the Canuck roster.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Mondi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mondi wrote:No need to be overly-sensitive about rude posters, but there also no need to be rude.

Like omg Mondi, you're BOTH!! :crazy:

:mrgreen:

It seems unreal to me that Gillis gives Torts two interviews.

Either Gillis is gutsier than I thought... or Aquaman is pressuring him.

Personally I'm going with the latter for the time being....

Only with respect you and your posts SL, and only because you're insatiably rude. :shock: :D :mrgreen:
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby vic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:47 pm

ESQ wrote:
vic wrote:Has any player who played under Torts demanded a trade? Serious question, I don't know the answer...

I was reading another commenter talking about Gaborik demanding a trade, he was presuming it was due to Torts (and from his treatment in 24/7 that's not surprising).

What's really odd is Gabby getting traded for perhaps less than Sather would have gotten in the off-season, but Sather firing the coach that was the problem a few months after the trade :shock:

Which again leads me to give Torts the benefit of the doubt for the results he got with a shitty (or at least over-rated) team working under the worst GM in the league.
There may be some members of the Vancouver Sports Media who want out, but that would be a welcomed change.

This is the biggest upside for me. I'd love to see how long Gallagher lasts with his little unsubstantiated snipes and armchair coaching in the paper.

Not just Tony G - I would love to hear him rip Botchford, Sekeres, Price, and McDonald a new one...

Throw Willis and McIntyer (sp?) into the mix too....
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Can we get this thread back on the topic of coaches being canned.

There have been complaints.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat