Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Coaches canned

Post by Topper »

Artie and Spidey are peas in a pod.

Hasta la Vista
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

FAN wrote: If the choice is between Tippett and Torts, I hope Gillis goes with Tippett.
I have to agree. Regardless of who is more talented ( I really don't know), I just don't like Torts, and would hate to have to listen to him all week in interviews
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I wouldnt be shocked to see perhaps a Stevens as coach with a veteran like Martin as his associate. Tippett doesnt excite me at all. I dont see him as a guy who can put us over the top. More a guy who gets his team to overachieve.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rikster wrote: Since you asked....A long, long time ago I wrote a post which contained a swear word... A fellow poster chastised me for my language while informing me that he was sitting at his desk with his grandson reading the message board when they came across my post and that he didn't appreciate my language...
That was at Central, many, MANY years ago!

It caused a big debate, most of us concluding folks shouldn't peruse the internet with grandsons on laps.

Too funny Rikster, I totally remember that!
rikster wrote: Embarrased, I thought about it and realized that he was right...Why speak any differently to a person on a computer than you would if you were speaking to them face to face?...
Most of us (including Chris) liked to think of Central as a drinking establishment.

Although some considered it more of a nightclub... and some considered it more of a seedy bar. :drink:

Either way, not a place for kids!

(assuming the grandson of the poster in question was a kid) :look:

Anyway, I respect your civilized ways Rikster, even if I am... less-civilized. :wink:
rikster wrote: When I say goodbye to somebody in person, I often say "take care", I don't see any reason to change when giving my opinions on a message board....
Makes sense, although I could see it driving someone like Spidey completely insane after awhile.

I mean, in person, you don't say "take care" to someone like 10 times a day right?

I dunno, I hate to speak for the bully Spidey, but perhaps he likes more flow to a message board?

Perhaps to a hyper dude like Spidey "take care" translates into "take some Ritalin!"

(something I'm sure he gets all the time in real life).

So yeah... if Spidey's grandson is reading in this forum and asks Spidey what "take care" means

.... Spidey may well reply "That sunnuvabitch just told me to FUCK OFF!!!"

Not trying to offend you or Spidey, just trying to be the peacemaker here...
rikster wrote: Bullies like you remind me of the time another bully who went by the handle "The Thinker" left this board for that other Canuck board....

We had had our battles and when I PM'd him to let him know I would miss him, he replied that I was the reason he was leaving.....
:lol:

That's RICDICULOUSLY funny!

PLEASE keep saying "take care" to Spidey!!!
rikster wrote: At the end of the day, I like to talk hockey and I especially like to talk hockey with fans I don't agree with...
.... and there ain't nothing wrong with that! :cheers:

Although I must say, I'll never understand how you could stand posting at McKeens all those years.

Too many Leafers, and too many rules.

But to each their own good buddy.

There are quite a few straight-laced chaps at this site and they seem to abide quite well.

Personally I enjoy the wide range of personality types.

Keep on keeping on good buddy! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rikster wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:You know what Spidey, that's seriously not cool. Cut rikster some slack bro.
In 90 posts he has not said one god damn relevant thing and then he has the nerve to tell us to take care...

Take Care of what? Business? Hockey? Petunias? Aunt May? Prostrate?
Since you asked....A long, long time ago I wrote a post which contained a swear word... A fellow poster chastised me for my language while informing me that he was sitting at his desk with his grandson reading the message board when they came across my post and that he didn't appreciate my language...

Embarrased, I thought about it and realized that he was right...Why speak any differently to a person on a computer than you would if you were speaking to them face to face?...

When I say goodbye to somebody in person, I often say "take care", I don't see any reason to change when giving my opinions on a message board....

Relevant......hmmmmm...

While you think its retarded to suggest that the Canucks aren't looking for a number of coaches to fill their numerous vacancies while interviewing a long list of candidates, I think its naive and retarded to think otherwise....

The fact that the local media are now suggesting that some of the candidates being interviewed will eventually find work as assistants in Vancouver or coaches on the farm makes it relevant....

Speaking of relevant, I can't say I know who you are and I can't comment on your hockey knowledge because from the little time I've spent reading some of your posts I found you don't really say anything that has much value to the topics being discussed....

I appreciate Rumsfield having my back on this one, but don't worry about me getting hurt feelings or being intimidated, I never shy from a good debate....

Bullies like you remind me of the time another bully who went by the handle "The Thinker" left this board for that other Canuck board....

We had had our battles and when I PM'd him to let him know I would miss him, he replied that I was the reason he was leaving.....Seems he was better at giving than he was taking...

Speaking of that other Canuck board, I moved on when many of its posters found a new home here...I'm not much of a fan of the style of posting that goes on here now so I took my act elsewhere....

I came back after reading some of Hockey Widows posts, I don't dispute that she has some source(s) but I would suggest that those sources have agendas ....

At the end of the day, I like to talk hockey and I especially like to talk hockey with fans I don't agree with...

Agree, disagree, ignore, whatever, just try to keep it to hockey and ditch the name calling and bullying....I does nothing more than cause some to wonder where and what you were doing on the night of June 15th, 2011....

Later...
How dare you attack sThinker on here when he is no longer around to defend him self, he was awesome, a good friend and smarter than your toilet...

...if you think me a bully then screw you pal. I freely admit I don't take this coperate hockey bullshit too seriously. I'm a player (and sometimes coach) and post from the heart, not from some posers perspective.

You've been using that Take Care for how many years? Give it a fuck'n rest man.

I'm an angry fat old man that has good days and bad days and I'm not going to fake being nice in a couple of words.

This bully shit is making us a society of pussies (grow a fucking pair and deal with it). Now they have day cares with video so mommy can call and stop little Johnny from get kneed in the balls from little Suzy before it happens.

What the hell do you think hockey is? It's hit or be hit. Cough up the puck or feel pain. I guess you advocate the agitators and power forwards get taken away with fighting...

From now on I am changing my sig in your honour, as a public service to all of CC to fight wimpiness everywhere...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

You just keep on keepin' on rikster, and PM me if you have any concerns about Spidey and what he's capable of...

I'd have no problem taking care of the trash for you with regards to that fellow. :scowl:

As far as Tippett goes, when a coach has consistently showed that he's a proponent of not just a trapping system but the most sleep-inducing disgracefully boring trapping system ever seen, it's probably a stretch to assume that because he's a smart guy he's going to suddenly flip the script in Vancouver and play an up-tempo style. If he had any proclivity to play a forecheck system we'd have seen it at SOME point in Phoenix. That team played the same way every night, regardless of the opponent or the score.

Jacques Lemaire thinks Tippett's brand of hockey is too dull. :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:You just keep on keepin' on rikster, and PM me if you have any concerns about Spidey and what he's capable of...

I'd have no problem taking care of the trash for you with regards to that fellow. :scowl:

As far as Tippett goes, when a coach has consistently showed that he's a proponent of not just a trapping system but the most sleep-inducing disgracefully boring trapping system ever seen, it's probably a stretch to assume that because he's a smart guy he's going to suddenly flip the script in Vancouver and play an up-tempo style. If he had any proclivity to play a forecheck system we'd have seen it at SOME point in Phoenix. That team played the same way every night, regardless of the opponent or the score.

Jacques Lemaire thinks Tippett's brand of hockey is too dull. :lol:
That's sooooooo RICDONKULOUS! :lol:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
rikster wrote: Since you asked....A long, long time ago I wrote a post which contained a swear word... A fellow poster chastised me for my language while informing me that he was sitting at his desk with his grandson reading the message board when they came across my post and that he didn't appreciate my language...
That was at Central, many, MANY years ago!

It caused a big debate, most of us concluding folks shouldn't peruse the internet with grandsons on laps.

Too funny Rikster, I totally remember that!
rikster wrote: Embarrased, I thought about it and realized that he was right...Why speak any differently to a person on a computer than you would if you were speaking to them face to face?...
Most of us (including Chris) liked to think of Central as a drinking establishment.

Although some considered it more of a nightclub... and some considered it more of a seedy bar. :drink:

Either way, not a place for kids!

(assuming the grandson of the poster in question was a kid) :look:

Anyway, I respect your civilized ways Rikster, even if I am... less-civilized. :wink:
rikster wrote: When I say goodbye to somebody in person, I often say "take care", I don't see any reason to change when giving my opinions on a message board....
Makes sense, although I could see it driving someone like Spidey completely insane after awhile.

I mean, in person, you don't say "take care" to someone like 10 times a day right?

I dunno, I hate to speak for the bully Spidey, but perhaps he likes more flow to a message board?

Perhaps to a hyper dude like Spidey "take care" translates into "take some Ritalin!"

(something I'm sure he gets all the time in real life).

So yeah... if Spidey's grandson is reading in this forum and asks Spidey what "take care" means

.... Spidey may well reply "That sunnuvabitch just told me to FUCK OFF!!!"

Not trying to offend you or Spidey, just trying to be the peacemaker here...
rikster wrote: Bullies like you remind me of the time another bully who went by the handle "The Thinker" left this board for that other Canuck board....

We had had our battles and when I PM'd him to let him know I would miss him, he replied that I was the reason he was leaving.....
:lol:

That's RICDICULOUSLY funny!

PLEASE keep saying "take care" to Spidey!!!
rikster wrote: At the end of the day, I like to talk hockey and I especially like to talk hockey with fans I don't agree with...
.... and there ain't nothing wrong with that! :cheers:

Although I must say, I'll never understand how you could stand posting at McKeens all those years.

Too many Leafers, and too many rules.

But to each their own good buddy.

There are quite a few straight-laced chaps at this site and they seem to abide quite well.

Personally I enjoy the wide range of personality types.

Keep on keeping on good buddy! :thumbs:
Pussy :P

The Fartist was more man than all of you put together :evil: He backed his arguments with meticulous research and hard evidence and was emotionally stable and honest not a politically correct faker...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I hate summer, when we fans all speculate on what will happen and then cry when something does. We want instant answers and now, then start the season, finish the season have the playoffs and hoist the cup so we can start this cycle again next summer.

The only thing I like about summer is, BBQ, beer, BBQ, voodka on ice, swimsuits, sun, women in swimsuits, lots of sun, women in small swimsuits o and thinking about hockey while I BBQ, drink beer/voodka and look at women in swimsuits :mrgreen:

Well, I don't know who will be the best coach, a new one will hopefully bring more accountability into the room. The MG needs to make some changes to the core or it will be another long winter. A winter without sun and women in swimsuits (sorry HW).
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I for one, really enoy what Rickster has to say: it's on topic, relevant, thought out, and respectful; even the 'take care' piece I view as refreshing.

I rarely enjoy reading Arachnid's posts. In fact, there's been many a time when I've come to the board and saw that the most recetn posts were made by Arachnid which prompted me to leave the site in order to be spared the negative, usually off-topic drivel. It doesn't take lot for person to spout off negatively and be crudely scarcastic to others...it's said to be the lowest form of wit, and truthfully it is NOT impressive. We're all inclined to have a rant or two being hard-core Canuck fans and all, but some of the 'schtick' gets tiring.

As for coaching, I keep wondering what's going to unfold. As many have offered, this indeed is a 'make it or break it' time for Gillis. Not so keen about Torts.... I kind of thought that McTavish undermined our possibility with what's his name from the Marlies (reminded me of how the Oilers nabbed that defenseman last year from under our noses as well (Schultz?). Guess we'll know by the end of the month what's going to wut.

So hey, like it or 'lump' it, that is just my opinion, and to all of you fellow posters I say "G'day to ya all and ..... (here it comes) take care, eh.
Last edited by nuckster on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc oldtimer
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

nuckster wrote:I for one, really enoy what Rickster has to say: it's on topic, relevant, thought out, and respectful; even the 'take care' piece I view as refreshing.

I rarely enjoy reading Arachnid's posts. In fact, there's been many a time when I've come to the board and saw that the most recetn posts were made by Arachnid which prompted me to leave the site in order to be spared the negative, usually off-topic drivel. It doesn't take lot for person to spout off negatively and be crudely scarcastic to others...it's said to be the lowest form of wit, and truthfully it is NOT impressive. We're all inclined to have a rant or two being hard-core Canuck fans and all, but some of the 'schtick' gets tiring.

So hey, like it or 'lump' it, that is just my opinion, and to all of you fellow posters I say "G'day to ya all and ..... (here it comes) take care, eh.
do all you 'sters stick together like...um...same ster couples? :eh:

Nice post about coaches btw :mex:

you don't even register on the CC radar so why is your opinion relevant? you are a nobody around here (probably in your real ife too :( ).

I may be an asshole, I may know shyte aboot corporate professional hockey but I is what I is, honest....and no poser :wink:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

nuckster wrote:I for one, really enoy what Rickster has to say: it's on topic, relevant, thought out, and respectful; even the 'take care' piece I view as refreshing.

That is just awesome nuckster. I love how your handle ends with ster just like rik's! Clever.

A lot of people don't know this butt Arachnid is an angry old overweight fellow because his father's name was Richard and he beat Arachnid regularly. Since his third divorce Spidey is penniless and bitter and he takes it out on good chaps like you and rikster.

So just remember that this is really a cry for help from Spides, and when he calls you things like bedwetters he is really referring to himself (and you).

So good day to you too!
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rikster wrote: Agree, disagree, ignore, whatever, just try to keep it to hockey and ditch the name calling and bullying....I does nothing more than cause some to wonder where and what you were doing on the night of June 15th, 2011....
Taking care....

What else?
Later....
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:Most of us (including Chris) liked to think of Central as a drinking establishment.

Yeah, I looked at it like the Pan Pacific. To RD and Spides it was the Cobalt. To each their own I suppose.

Is it wrong that this is the way I talk to people in real life?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So...whos' sock is Rikster? Seriously...

I call it. Nobodys that lame...nobody

I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks and it's right back to sockland. I want one Rats! PM me how to
If you need air...call it in