The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by SKYO » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Here's my new big ass team, added bfugly, just three trades with Jets/Ducks/Panthers.
Juice doesn't have to be the only tough guy back there.
Penner can play anywhere on the top 3 lines.

We'll be the San Antonio Spurs of the NHL, big and talented, steamrolling teams.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Ryan Kesler Higgins
Penner Matthias Hansen
Sestito Lain Parros/Gaunce
Volpatti

Garrison Byfuglien
Hamhuis Bieksa
Allen Tanev
Corrado

Schneider
________
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11026
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:55 pm

So Skyo, you still believe in the meaningless staged fights put on by heavyweight goons (Parros) who play roughly 3-5 minutes a game and are completely useless when it comes to the playoffs.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by SKYO » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:57 pm

RoyalDude wrote:So Skyo, you still believe in the staged fights put on by heavyweight goons (Parros) who play roughly 3-5 minutes a game and are completely useless when it comes to the playoffs.
Hence! we have Volp/Gaunce some other utility ufa come in as well, Parros will help for a those odd rougher 45 games in a long grueling season.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Island Nucklehead » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 pm

RoyalDude wrote:So Skyo, you still believe in the meaningless staged fights put on by heavyweight goons (Parros) who play roughly 3-5 minutes a game and are completely useless when it comes to the playoffs.
Bollig is dressing in the cup finals for Chicago. And although I think Shawn Thronton is effective, he's only playing 7:30/night (about a minute more per game than Parros).

I don't think we need a knuckle-dragger like Boogard (rip), but I think we need a guy whose sole purpose is to smash people, either with his fists or, more importantly, his body. IMO, Sestito ain't it.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16197
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:04 pm

SKYO wrote: Byfuglien
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 16224.html

302 pounds!!! :shock:

Pretty sure ole Buffy sees Mason Raymond as a nice light snack....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by SKYO » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: Byfuglien
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 16224.html

302 pounds!!! :shock:

Pretty sure ole Buffy sees Mason Raymond as a nice light snack....
lolol

Yup added him to the top 4 d!
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9411
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Topper » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:18 pm

SKYO wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: Byfuglien
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 16224.html

302 pounds!!! :shock:

Pretty sure ole Buffy sees Mason Raymond as a nice light snack....
lolol

Yup added him to the top 4 d!
so he can clear the net in front of Luongo
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by SKYO » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:40 am

strombone can joke about that on twitter, as he'll just get traded before his best pal buf gets traded to the Canucks.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Mondi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Mondi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I will preface this question by noting that I think another nuts team will offer these guys big contracts, BUT...

If Lecavelier and Richard are bought out, how about singing both 1 or 2 year deals at 2 to 3 million. Torts reunion. And they are around the age of our core players.

Is there any way that could work? Would these guys help?

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Richards Kesler
Hansen Lecavalier Higgins
Beast Beast Kassian

Mildly ridiculous? Majorly Ridiculous?

User avatar
vic
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by vic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:44 pm

Mondi wrote:I will preface this question by noting that I think another nuts team will offer these guys big contracts, BUT...

If Lecavelier and Richard are bought out, how about singing both 1 or 2 year deals at 2 to 3 million. Torts reunion. And they are around the age of our core players.

Is there any way that could work? Would these guys help?

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Richards Kesler
Hansen Lecavalier Higgins
Beast Beast Kassian

Mildly ridiculous? Majorly Ridiculous?
Vinny, I could see.

After what Torts did to Richards in the final two games of the playoffs in NY, highly doubt he wants to play for him again.

User avatar
Mondi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Mondi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Right completely forgot about that...Vinny, maybe. Richards, no.

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Apparently they might hang on to Richards one more season to see how AV does with him.

If AV put one of our top forwards in the press box for the biggest games of the season, 90% of this board would have screamed bloody murder BTW...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Vader » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:55 pm

vic wrote:
Mondi wrote:I will preface this question by noting that I think another nuts team will offer these guys big contracts, BUT...

If Lecavelier and Richard are bought out, how about singing both 1 or 2 year deals at 2 to 3 million. Torts reunion. And they are around the age of our core players.

Is there any way that could work? Would these guys help?

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Richards Kesler
Hansen Lecavalier Higgins
Beast Beast Kassian

Mildly ridiculous? Majorly Ridiculous?
Vinny, I could see.

After what Torts did to Richards in the final two games of the playoffs in NY, highly doubt he wants to play for him again.
"Torts" made Richards show up for the season out of shape?

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1545
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by ESQ » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Mondi wrote:Right completely forgot about that...Vinny, maybe. Richards, no.
Hjumophilio? Is that you?

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12450
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Vinny would not come out west. He would try Montreal first. But I don't think a team like Tampa has the cash to afford that buy out, nothing to do with the cap, but the cash.
The only HW the Canucks need

Post Reply