Around the League

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Around the League

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm

I looked for three pages and found no around he league thread and didn't know where else to put this:

Image

Dallas drops the yellow/gold. Too bad; green/gold a classic sports uniform combination.

I'm giving it and it's comic book logo a fail.

I actually don't mind the shade of green (RoughRiders/Whalersish) so it might grow on me once I see them in action. (some times thats what it takes)
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Around the League

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Those are terrible. They look like children's uniforms.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Around the League

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Why not just go with the star, similar to the Cowboys but use the star they currently use? Do that with the home jerseys.

And with the away jerseys use a big D.
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Around the League

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:Why not just go with the star, similar to the Cowboys but use the star they currently use? Do that with the home jerseys.

And with the away jerseys use a big D.


They were apparently very close to going with blue as well.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Around the League

Postby herb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:05 pm

The colours are good, the big "D" and asterix star are terrible.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Around the League

Postby tantalum » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Pete Peeters has gone all Freedom 55 and retired. He was the Ducks goaltender coach and former 4 time NHL all-star. Not bad for a guy whose parents clearly had no imagination when it came to naming kids.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673095&navid=nhl:topheads
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Around the League

Postby Topper » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:29 pm

They need to write Dallas in an arc above the logo :oops:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the League

Postby dbr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Topper wrote:They need to write Dallas in an arc above the logo :oops:


I agree, how are we supposed to know where this team is from?!
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Around the League

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:52 pm

dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:They need to write Dallas in an arc above the logo :oops:


I agree, how are we supposed to know where this team is from?!


And how the hell will we know which player is which without a number on the front?
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Around the League

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:They need to write Dallas in an arc above the logo :oops:


I agree, how are we supposed to know where this team is from?!


And how the hell will we know which player is which without a number on the front?


Not a problem in big D.. nobody knows who Sidney Crosby is there without a program.

"Looky there, son! That guy with the puck got a score!"

I wish Calpuck would take a group trip to watch the Flames play in Dallas.

I hear they execute mentally retarded teenagers there.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Around the League

Postby Per » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:I looked for three pages and found no around he league thread and didn't know where else to put this:

Image

Dallas drops the yellow/gold. Too bad; green/gold a classic sports uniform combination.

I'm giving it and it's comic book logo a fail.

I actually don't mind the shade of green (RoughRiders/Whalersish) so it might grow on me once I see them in action. (some times thats what it takes)


Agreed. Green and yellow looks better.

Image

And Alexander Sundström (Patrik's son) will be wearing one of these next season.
8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Around the League

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:04 pm

What the hell is taking so long with Keith's hearing?
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Around the League

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Per wrote:Image
8-)


Gayest logo in the history of sport? Without question!

And Alexander Sundström (Patrik's son) will be wearing one of these next season.


Oh nice, Pair has a new team to pretend to watch. :sly:
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Around the League

Postby Topper » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:"Looky there, son! That guy with the puck got a score!"

Bob Cole
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the League

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:What the hell is taking so long with Keith's hearing?


I heard they asked him to produce a 100-word-or-less written explanation.

Needless to say he's been up all night.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurningBeard and 5 guests

cron