Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes : 173

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri May 31, 2013 10:49 am

Ooh, the white knight has arrived. God forbid someone try to break up the dullness of this forum in the offseason with a little humor.

Here's the thing, Per. Some people don't respect guys who can't stick up for themselves in even the slightest way. Whether it's in their character or not. Especially in a sport that emphasizes that kind of thing. I'm also sure that reading box-scores every morning in pussville doesn't adequately convey the kind of abuse Henrik takes and how scared he is to do anything about it.

I know that guys like you have a lot of respect for the way Henrik plays. I'm sure watching him being abused and doing nothing about it dredges up your own memories of wearing your knickers over your head in high school yet carrying on down the hall with all the dignity you could muster.

I bet you thought that if you ignored them they'd just go away.

But they didn't, did they. Oh no.

They were right there next year, patiently waiting to reintroduce you to the inside of your locker.

See, that's what happens when you let yourself get kicked around year after year. You become a fucking joke and nobody respects you.

Like Henrik.

And yourself and whoever this Orcasfan clown who makes eight posts a year is.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Fri May 31, 2013 10:56 am

I see nothing wrong, to certain extent, with guys who are 6+' and 200lbs being asked to stand up for themselves. They may not have to drop the gloves, but they don't need to stand in as speed bags either.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby herb » Fri May 31, 2013 10:57 am

nuckster wrote:Why not just attempt to make them our second line and find a way to de-emphasize them as our #1. Imagine creating a productive 1st line then having the Sedins as our second line option? It would help create a dynamic where they weren't required to face the other teams #1 line and defense paring...could have a nice effect. Food for thought.

Because going out and finding not one but two first line wingers to play with Kesler, without absolutely gutting any youth this organization has, is next to impossible. If we throw already first line winger Dank out with Kesler, then we only need to go out and find a right winger.

Henrik was fucking lights out without Daniel in 2010. These guys clearly don't need to be tied at the hip. I have no idea why Vigneault never, ever went to this as this team's coach. Even when the team was playing like crap, and he was juggling everything else around, he NEVER tried this. Not even on the PP.

I'm just suggesting that sometimes the answer is staring you right in the face. Not saying it would solve all of our problems, but it would reduce the need to find two wingers for Kesler, increase flexibility and give this group a fresh look.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby donlever » Fri May 31, 2013 11:14 am

herb wrote: ....NEVER tried this. Not even on the PP.

Well, he did try Daniel on the point (lol)......baby steps eh herb?

herb wrote:
I'm just suggesting that sometimes the answer is staring you right in the face. Not saying it would solve all of our problems, but it would reduce the need to find two wingers for Kesler, increase flexibility and give this group a fresh look.

...not to mention invigorate the players, no doubt they have pride, so manipulate them into (re)proving themselves.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby herb » Fri May 31, 2013 11:54 am

donlever wrote:Well, he did try Daniel on the point (lol)......baby steps eh herb?

Jesus...stop reminding me about this!

We have like 50 highly paid "two-way" defensemen and the coach has wingers playing the point...wtf?

donlever wrote:...not to mention invigorate the players, no doubt they have pride, so manipulate them into (re)proving themselves.

Yeah, and I can't help but think that Kesler would feel particularly invigorated if he (finally) had some high end skill to play with 5 on 5.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Orcasfan wrote:What a bunch of pathetic, adolescent-minded, boring, and ignorant pack you lot are! :scowl: I'm talking to the idiots who have hijacked this thread (like so many others on this site) for the sake of seeing their inane, insulting, and stupid words in print! Why don't you guys go get a life somewhere else (preferably) and, if you really are adults, and not 5 year-olds (like your toilet humor suggests), maybe you should finally think about growing up! Believe it or not, this is not your private wanking club! If you're not interested in having reasonable discussions about Canucks hockey, I'm sure there are lots of other places on the Web that would welcome your brainless input!

Hi Orcasfan.. Cornuck has addressed the issue as you see. I also have been told that certain posters will clean it up some, I hope this satisfies your query.

I have an analogy to run by you for shits and giggles.

After spending about 12 years with horses that are performing in timed events and thus speed is a factor. A horse that clocks consistently can get away with what would otherwise not be permitted, for instance this fast horse can..
Chew blankets
Chew wood
Pull back when tied up
Be picky about feed
Kick and menace other horses
Scoot forward when saddling

List can go on for days but you get the gist. This horse is coddled babied with chiropractor s massage therapists dentists the best farriers and supplements..why because he clocks.

His sidekick when on the other hand does not contribute to a winning team but is a pure gentleman otherwise...he is sold for trail rides ..all good horses have issues of some kind..

The posters you point out are far from perfect.. But they sure as hell clock.

I hope you take this as intended pm me if you want..

Happy trails
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby sagebrush » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:52 pm

^^ It works at CP.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:06 pm

sagebrush wrote:^^ It works at CP.

What does?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Rummys a blanket biter? :wow:
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:22 pm

even the church lady understood hyperbole
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Rummys a blanket biter? :wow:

and UDL chews wood? :twisted:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:59 pm

rats19 wrote:

and UDL chews wood? :twisted:

Well...my own yeah....why, cant everyone? ;)
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Per » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:52 am

And apparently on the clock. :|
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:45 am

Why can't horses chew wood unless they clock?
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:21 am

ukcanuck wrote:Why can't horses chew wood unless they clock?

They can....they just pay the price, thnx for asking
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat