Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Roster Questions

Post by donlever »

herb wrote: ....NEVER tried this. Not even on the PP.
Well, he did try Daniel on the point (lol)......baby steps eh herb?

herb wrote:
I'm just suggesting that sometimes the answer is staring you right in the face. Not saying it would solve all of our problems, but it would reduce the need to find two wingers for Kesler, increase flexibility and give this group a fresh look.
...not to mention invigorate the players, no doubt they have pride, so manipulate them into (re)proving themselves.
DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

donlever wrote:Well, he did try Daniel on the point (lol)......baby steps eh herb?
Jesus...stop reminding me about this!

We have like 50 highly paid "two-way" defensemen and the coach has wingers playing the point...wtf?
donlever wrote:...not to mention invigorate the players, no doubt they have pride, so manipulate them into (re)proving themselves.
Yeah, and I can't help but think that Kesler would feel particularly invigorated if he (finally) had some high end skill to play with 5 on 5.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Orcasfan wrote:What a bunch of pathetic, adolescent-minded, boring, and ignorant pack you lot are! :scowl: I'm talking to the idiots who have hijacked this thread (like so many others on this site) for the sake of seeing their inane, insulting, and stupid words in print! Why don't you guys go get a life somewhere else (preferably) and, if you really are adults, and not 5 year-olds (like your toilet humor suggests), maybe you should finally think about growing up! Believe it or not, this is not your private wanking club! If you're not interested in having reasonable discussions about Canucks hockey, I'm sure there are lots of other places on the Web that would welcome your brainless input!
Hi Orcasfan.. Cornuck has addressed the issue as you see. I also have been told that certain posters will clean it up some, I hope this satisfies your query.

I have an analogy to run by you for shits and giggles.

After spending about 12 years with horses that are performing in timed events and thus speed is a factor. A horse that clocks consistently can get away with what would otherwise not be permitted, for instance this fast horse can..
Chew blankets
Chew wood
Pull back when tied up
Be picky about feed
Kick and menace other horses
Scoot forward when saddling

List can go on for days but you get the gist. This horse is coddled babied with chiropractor s massage therapists dentists the best farriers and supplements..why because he clocks.

His sidekick when on the other hand does not contribute to a winning team but is a pure gentleman otherwise...he is sold for trail rides ..all good horses have issues of some kind..

The posters you point out are far from perfect.. But they sure as hell clock.

I hope you take this as intended pm me if you want..

Happy trails
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

^^ It works at CP.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote:^^ It works at CP.
What does?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rummys a blanket biter? :wow:
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

even the church lady understood hyperbole
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Rummys a blanket biter? :wow:
and UDL chews wood? :twisted:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote:
and UDL chews wood? :twisted:
Well...my own yeah....why, cant everyone? ;)
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And apparently on the clock. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Why can't horses chew wood unless they clock?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:Why can't horses chew wood unless they clock?
They can....they just pay the price, thnx for asking
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

If the Sedins are still with this team after their contracts expire, our organization will be set-back by the length of their new contracts. We will not make it past the 2nd round with the Sedins as main focal points on this team again.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

The_Pauser wrote:If the Sedins are still with this team after their contracts expire, our organization will be set-back by the length of their new contracts. We will not make it past the 2nd round with the Sedins as main focal points on this team again.
I seriously doubt they're looking to hit a long term home run after their current deal expires; but I agree about them not being the focal points moving forward.

Personally I think the only way they ever hoist the cup over their heads as Canucks is if they're on the second line and Gillis has managed to somehow put another true first line together using other assets.

Using Edler to move up in the draft is where I'd start looking.
2011..... the one that got away.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:If the Sedins are still with this team after their contracts expire, our organization will be set-back by the length of their new contracts. We will not make it past the 2nd round with the Sedins as main focal points on this team again.
I seriously doubt they're looking to hit a long term home run after their current deal expires; but I agree about them not being the focal points moving forward.

Personally I think the only way they ever hoist the cup over their heads as Canucks is if they're on the second line and Gillis has managed to somehow put another true first line together using other assets.

Using Edler to move up in the draft is where I'd start looking.
Agreed. The twins have already built themselves some pretty good nest eggs, and when they negotiate their next contract I expect winning the cup will be their main concern. Thus I'd expect them to be willing to take a pretty big "hometown discount" if the money left on the table is used to add the missing pieces for a cup run. And it's pretty obvious by now that the Canucks can't go all the way as a one line team. We need another serious scoring threat so the opponents have to spread their attention instead of just focusing on the twins.

If trading Edler is what can get us that threat, then do it. But he's too valuable to just throw away.
It needs to be a very good offer. But if we get that, then go for it.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.