Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

We need you though dl. :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Watching the way Zetterberg played this playoffs makes me even more disgusted with Hank and Dan. The words "battle" and "Sedin" should never be used in the same sentence again.

You don't have to be tough and mean to play hard physically and with some kind of edge or emotion. It's honestly fucking sad the way they folded up the tent this season.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Henrik battled an extremely sore back that would have left most posters on this board in bed for over 2 rounds during the cup run. In one of those rounds he carried the teams offense and was the dominant player. He could hardly skate during the Nashville series for fucks sakes. Last year against the Kings he was the only offense to show up . Yet he still gets questioned about heart and battle. Fucking ridiculous.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

tantalum wrote:Henrik battled an extremely sore back that would have left most posters on this board in bed for over 2 rounds during the cup run. In one of those rounds he carried the teams offense and was the dominant player. He could hardly skate during the Nashville series for fucks sakes. Last year against the Kings he was the only offense to show up . Yet he still gets questioned about heart and battle. Fucking ridiculous.
Oh so our captain and most skilled player had one decent series out of four and we're supposed to think that's great? And I assume you're talking about the Sharks, the team that bitchslapped a PERFECTLY HEALTHY Henrik around this year and rendered him totally ineffective?

Of course he was our best forward again the Kings. He was the only non-plugger on the team last year. Kesler was glued together and Danny was concussed.

He gets questioned about heart and battle because he lets other teams slap him around while knowing full well the refs aren't going to put a stop to it. No other captain or premier player gets abused like him and just eats it.

He gets questioned about heart and battle because he's a fucking pussy in a league where being a leader demands not being a pussy. Deal with it.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

What's really "fucking ridiculous" is how any Canucks fan who's watched the other playoff series this season could be satisfied with Hank's performance and leadership.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:What's really "fucking ridiculous" is how any Canucks fan who's watched the other playoff series this season could be satisfied with Hank's performance and leadership.
What makes me wonder more is how dominant Keslers beast mode was in game two this year, how he had the entire sharks bench cowed and almost won that game by himself and then disappeared the rest of the way....

did he lose his mojo cause the rest of the team was floating and he gave up or what ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:What's really "fucking ridiculous" is how any Canucks fan who's watched the other playoff series this season could be satisfied with Hank's performance and leadership.
The scary part is how our "leaders" the Sedins are becoming bigger pussies every season.

Team Pussy. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
The scary part is how our "leaders" the Sedins are becoming bigger pussies every season.

Team Pussy. :drink:
Not to worry, our pinchfaced faggot of a captain will surely exhibit his wrath with the officials when he has two assists in a four game sweep next season.

That tunnel better look out, sticks are gonna totally get tossed when it's all over.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Pinchfaced faggot... :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Pinchfaced faggot... :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No seriously, you'll be all like wow, he's mad.

It will really lessen the sting of getting owned again.*

*I know I'm going overboard here, but someone told me it's asshole month and I'm going elbow-deep on Henrik's well-plowed gaper. Maybe if go deep enough I'll find a heart
Orcasfan
CC Veteran

Post by Orcasfan »

What a bunch of pathetic, adolescent-minded, boring, and ignorant pack you lot are! :scowl: I'm talking to the idiots who have hijacked this thread (like so many others on this site) for the sake of seeing their inane, insulting, and stupid words in print! Why don't you guys go get a life somewhere else (preferably) and, if you really are adults, and not 5 year-olds (like your toilet humor suggests), maybe you should finally think about growing up! Believe it or not, this is not your private wanking club! If you're not interested in having reasonable discussions about Canucks hockey, I'm sure there are lots of other places on the Web that would welcome your brainless input!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

OK, let's get back to the rules. Leave the insults out, even if it's in jest.

Warnings will be next.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote:He gets questioned about heart and battle because he's a fucking pussy in a league where being a leader demands not being a pussy. Deal with it.
Rumsfeld wrote: Not to worry, our pinchfaced faggot of a captain will surely exhibit his wrath with the officials when he has two assists in a four game sweep next season.

That tunnel better look out, sticks are gonna totally get tossed when it's all over.
Rumsfeld wrote:No seriously, you'll be all like wow, he's mad.

It will really lessen the sting of getting owned again.*

*I know I'm going overboard here, but someone told me it's asshole month and I'm going elbow-deep on Henrik's well-plowed gaper. Maybe if go deep enough I'll find a heart
:|

So, is this what you call fandom?

You belittle and mock the captain of the team you supposedly root for.

The same captain that is the all time points leader of the Canucks. 34 points ahead of his brother, 36 ahead of Näslund, 59 points ahead of Linden, despite having played 200 games less than Linden.

The same captain that captained this team to the two only President's trophies they have ever won, ie, as long as we haven't won the cup, the greatest achievement of all time of this team. They actually went all the way to game seven of the Stanley Cup final, and mind you, with the same type of refereeing as we saw in the regular season, they would have beaten the Bruins.

This is the captain you choose to belittle.

The same captain that has the single season points record of the Canucks, 112 points, two more than Bure managed back in the high scoring era.

The same captain that despite not really being a goal scorer has scored just as many game winning goals as Trevor Linden, 33, but in 200 fewer games. Can you spell c-l-u-t-c-h?

The same captain that became the first Canuck ever to win Art Ross and the only Canuck so far to win Hart.

The same captain who is the highest scoring NHL player of the 21st century.

The same captain that is currently holding 7th place in the longest iron man streak of all time, not just for the Canucks but for the entire league. If he plays one more game he'll tie for 6th place, and if he can stay healthy six games longer than Bouwmeister he'll be fifth. Of all time. Only 19 NHL players have ever played 500 or more consecutive games. Henrik has played 629. This is not a player who complains. He is tough as nails. He grins and bears it. When he injured his pinkie finger during the playoffs in the SEL with Modo, he was told he'd have to rest two weeks if they fixed it, so he chose to have part of it amputated instead and didn't miss a game. What a pussy, eh? :hmmm:

I mean, seriously, you call yourself a fan?

Why don't you pack your purse and head over to Calpuck.
I think that place would suit you much better.

Not a flame, mind you, just an observation.

You see, this board is actually meant for people who support the Canucks.
If you don't know what support means, go look it up.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Orcasfan
CC Veteran

Post by Orcasfan »

Thank you, Per! Couldn't have said it better myself. Idiots like that Rumsfeld pollute the streams they wade into! And, by the way, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments of our Captain - simply the best Canuck ever!
mpp
CC Veteran

Post by mpp »

Thank you, Per.

I don't post much, just lurk, although for many years (referring to the Canucks Central era). My observation for those who give a damn about it: the Bruins did not break the Canucks, they broke Canucks fans. Some of us never got over the frustration and thrive on negativity. Hard not to, if there is only one way to remove such frustration - winning the cup. Might take some time, even if you ice the best team of the year - things happen, you're all smart enough to know what I mean.

The amount of negativity spewing here recently is close to unbearable. Do a freaking reality check. Canucks problems are first world problems of the NHL, do others and yourself a favor and notice that. Criticize what's wrong, fret for controversies, discuss your whatnots, yes, by all means yes - but maintain a slightest amount of humility and perspective, for fuck's sake. This is a fan forum, not a fap circle for masochists.