Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes : 173

Re: Roster Questions

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed May 29, 2013 9:13 pm

Fried potato.
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Per » Wed May 29, 2013 10:26 pm

RoyalDude wrote:The Sedins are getting predictable in their old age, they are just getting fucking boring and their game is going south in a hurry. Did they even crack the top 30 in scoring this season, can't remember...

Henrik 20th with 45 points (11G 34A) in 48 games.
Daniel 31st with 40 points (12G 28A) in 47 games.
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby donlever » Thu May 30, 2013 6:22 am

Spock wrote:

Was there a "final straw"? Is there something that would get you watching again?

There's been a progression really, a series of events resulting in my lack of interest.

The inept leadership at the helm of the league and the ridiculous decisions they make while trying to sell us on them as if we are a bunch of moronic assclowns.

The transition of the game back to a slow grind.

The sometimes inept and always inconsistent refereeing.

The fact that some referees appear to harbor grudges which sway their decision making.

Getting bored with the same old same old from the local team.

My line in the sand however was the most recent lockout. It was an absolute joke that it happened again within a decade of the last and a slap in the face to the fans of the game.

So fuck 'em.

Clearly they don't need me and I apparently can live happily ever after without them as well.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu May 30, 2013 6:45 am

We need you though dl. :drink:
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Watching the way Zetterberg played this playoffs makes me even more disgusted with Hank and Dan. The words "battle" and "Sedin" should never be used in the same sentence again.

You don't have to be tough and mean to play hard physically and with some kind of edge or emotion. It's honestly fucking sad the way they folded up the tent this season.
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby tantalum » Thu May 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Henrik battled an extremely sore back that would have left most posters on this board in bed for over 2 rounds during the cup run. In one of those rounds he carried the teams offense and was the dominant player. He could hardly skate during the Nashville series for fucks sakes. Last year against the Kings he was the only offense to show up . Yet he still gets questioned about heart and battle. Fucking ridiculous.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 30, 2013 5:27 pm

tantalum wrote:Henrik battled an extremely sore back that would have left most posters on this board in bed for over 2 rounds during the cup run. In one of those rounds he carried the teams offense and was the dominant player. He could hardly skate during the Nashville series for fucks sakes. Last year against the Kings he was the only offense to show up . Yet he still gets questioned about heart and battle. Fucking ridiculous.

Oh so our captain and most skilled player had one decent series out of four and we're supposed to think that's great? And I assume you're talking about the Sharks, the team that bitchslapped a PERFECTLY HEALTHY Henrik around this year and rendered him totally ineffective?

Of course he was our best forward again the Kings. He was the only non-plugger on the team last year. Kesler was glued together and Danny was concussed.

He gets questioned about heart and battle because he lets other teams slap him around while knowing full well the refs aren't going to put a stop to it. No other captain or premier player gets abused like him and just eats it.

He gets questioned about heart and battle because he's a fucking pussy in a league where being a leader demands not being a pussy. Deal with it.
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 pm

What's really "fucking ridiculous" is how any Canucks fan who's watched the other playoff series this season could be satisfied with Hank's performance and leadership.
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:What's really "fucking ridiculous" is how any Canucks fan who's watched the other playoff series this season could be satisfied with Hank's performance and leadership.

What makes me wonder more is how dominant Keslers beast mode was in game two this year, how he had the entire sharks bench cowed and almost won that game by himself and then disappeared the rest of the way....

did he lose his mojo cause the rest of the team was floating and he gave up or what ?
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:What's really "fucking ridiculous" is how any Canucks fan who's watched the other playoff series this season could be satisfied with Hank's performance and leadership.

The scary part is how our "leaders" the Sedins are becoming bigger pussies every season.

Team Pussy. :drink:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Strangelove wrote:

The scary part is how our "leaders" the Sedins are becoming bigger pussies every season.

Team Pussy. :drink:

Not to worry, our pinchfaced faggot of a captain will surely exhibit his wrath with the officials when he has two assists in a four game sweep next season.

That tunnel better look out, sticks are gonna totally get tossed when it's all over.
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu May 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Pinchfaced faggot... :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Pinchfaced faggot... :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No seriously, you'll be all like wow, he's mad.

It will really lessen the sting of getting owned again.*

*I know I'm going overboard here, but someone told me it's asshole month and I'm going elbow-deep on Henrik's well-plowed gaper. Maybe if go deep enough I'll find a heart
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Orcasfan » Thu May 30, 2013 8:35 pm

What a bunch of pathetic, adolescent-minded, boring, and ignorant pack you lot are! :scowl: I'm talking to the idiots who have hijacked this thread (like so many others on this site) for the sake of seeing their inane, insulting, and stupid words in print! Why don't you guys go get a life somewhere else (preferably) and, if you really are adults, and not 5 year-olds (like your toilet humor suggests), maybe you should finally think about growing up! Believe it or not, this is not your private wanking club! If you're not interested in having reasonable discussions about Canucks hockey, I'm sure there are lots of other places on the Web that would welcome your brainless input!
Orcasfan
CC Veteran

Postby Cornuck » Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 pm

OK, let's get back to the rules. Leave the insults out, even if it's in jest.

Warnings will be next.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat