Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: How about Schneider + Edler + forward for Lucic + Rask + defenceman.
Then get what you can for Lou from someone in the East, and we have a very different back end going forward. But, will Boston trade Rask if they win the cup? and, why would they?
And why would Boston trade a playoff beast and mountain of a power forward like Lucic for Edler?

Schneider has less experience than Rask. Schneider has lost 2 playoff series. Rask has won 2 just this year.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Rumsfeld wrote:What the fuck do people not grasp here? LUONGO STAYING IS NOT AN OPTION.

Management doesn't want him here.

Luongo doesn't want to be here.

Luongo's whore of a wife doesn't want to be here.

Do that fucking math, Jack.
Technically, Lou is under contract to us. He has to report and play for us if we want him to. Lou and his wife's feelings and thoughts don't matter, he signed on the dotted line and we have his rights. :P Management only doesn't want Lou cuz we have Cory Schneids. No Schneids = mangement happy to keep Lou.

I guess Lou can decide to sit out and demand a trade, but that would work in our favour cuz we won't have to pay him while he doesn't report. I guess if it got to it and both sides were willing and agreed to it, they can decide to have the contract null and void. We don't have to pay Lou that monster contract, Lou can become a UFA and sign wherever he wants. Look at all the possible scenarios and it's nothing but win-win to keep Lou and trade Schneids.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

NYI want Luongo, they have to get rid of DiPietro somehow first.
-TSNBobMcKenzie
No question in my mind Luongo is a good "hockey" fit for NYI but whether Isles or Canucks could ever finesse a workable deal is the issue.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah probably not the best idea to hang onto a player who desperately wants out. :roll:

He's gone, deal with it, kiss him goodbye, whatever you need to do Todd & Co....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:Yeah probably not the best idea to hang onto a player who desperately wants out. :roll:

He's gone, deal with it, kiss him goodbye, whatever you need to do Todd & Co....
thats wut I thought 2
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:Ok, so this whole goalie controversy has been done to death and it's high time a fork was stuck in it and then the entire thing stuck on a pike for the whole world to see.....and it's almost a foregone .
And yet we are gonna rehash old hash...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

ukcanuck wrote:And yet we are gonna rehash old hash...
Yeah, until Lou is dealt, this will probably keep coming up. Yeah, I have no doubts that MG will do the natural/safe play in moving Lou; however, if u think outside the box, trading Schneids and keeping Lou is the better move for this team and franchise.

Clam summed it up best:
ClamRussel wrote:The math is simple.

Lu + return for Cory trade > Cory + nothing from Lu trade
Lou and his wife's feelings in wanting out can kiss my butt. :D
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Right, because keeping guys who publicly have asked to be dealt as soon as possible has been such a winning formula in pro sports.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Who the fuck wants him anyway????
He's had more playoff meltdowns than any goalie I've ever heard of. Have we all forgot the Chelsea dagger parties in Chicago already?

Blame whoever you want but he let them in. 7uongo became Luon8o. I've seen enough
If you need air...call it in
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Who the fuck wants him anyway????
He's had more playoff meltdowns than any goalie I've ever heard of. Have we all forgot the Chelsea dagger parties in Chicago already?

Blame whoever you want but he let them in. 7uongo became Luon8o. I've seen enough
No.

Fucking.

Shit.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Who the fuck wants him anyway????

Yeah, I would agree, but Cory Schneids didn't really win over my confidence watching him in the playoffs this season. I know, he may have been rushed back and wasn't 100% sharp. He's still kind of unproven in being the top dog to lean on over an 80 game schedule. Plus I dunno, he looks like he might be a lil injury prone too if he plays too much.

I'm thinking we won't be making a serious push for the Cup in the near future anyways. I'm actually hoping on Eddie Lack. I would luv to see Lack play under Lou for a few years just as Schneids did. Hopefully, we'll have another goaltending controversy again in a few years and with a few years eaten off Lou's contract, it'll be easier to trade him or buy him out.
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:Right, because keeping guys who publicly have asked to be dealt as soon as possible has been such a winning formula in pro sports.
Luongo never publicly asked to be dealt.

He simply said he wants to be a starter "somewhere", he even said, if that is here then fine.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

OMFG you are thick Mëds. He said that way before the trade deadline.

I could offer a dozen clips that show Luongo expressing his desire to be dealt, including one where he is basically crying because he wasn't, but it's so pants-on-head retarded that I even have to explain this to you that I am just going to leave the thread for the nonce.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Mëds wrote:
Luongo never publicly asked to be dealt.

He simply said he wants to be a starter "somewhere", he even said, if that is here then fine.
:roll:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sto ... rview.html
"I think it’s really time to move on, I don’t think it was either one of us, either I demanded a trade or Mike suggest I leave, but I think it was more of a mutual understanding that it was time for me to go and Cory
That's as close to asking to be dealt without asking to be dealt...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I like botchfords column in the province, trade luongo for dopietro
http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=8458051