CHI v. LA and BOS v. PIT (and Van v. ...Beuller...anybody?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: CHI v. LA and BOS v. PIT (and Van v. ...Beuller...anybod

Post by donlever »

Rumsfeld wrote:Until then there's no fucking point in even considering becoming the big bad Bruins of the West.
I get that you're venting but if we were the BBB of the West we could at least kick the shit out of people while losing.

You of all people I would think appreciates that....

Kind of like slapping the quiet Asian kid in the head after Return of the Jedi ya know?
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Thank you rummy, and here's hoping he has an encounter with Marchant.
Well that won't happen during this year's playoffs unless Iggy retires right now.

Todd Marchant hung up his skates in 2011.....

:P
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

donlever wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Until then there's no fucking point in even considering becoming the big bad Bruins of the West.
I get that you're venting but if we were the BBB of the West we could at least kick the shit out of people while losing.

Kind of like slapping the quiet Asian kid in the head after Return of the Jedi ya know?
:lol:

I guess. Sort of a hollow victory though.

And it was a closed fist BTW.

No roll of quarters.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

And yeah I'm kinda bitter.

Honestly for the first time considering a long sabbatical from the NHL.

If I didn't love the sport so much...

And have so much free time on winter nights...

And need an excuse to get drunk more often...

And need something to stare at on the pub wall when my date gets all uppity and starts talking...

Ah, who am I kidding. I'm hooked and so are all of you and the kike midget knows it. We are not the fans he's worried about pleasing.

So nothing changes.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:And yeah I'm kinda bitter.

Honestly for the first time considering a long sabbatical from the NHL.

If I didn't love the sport so much...

And have so much free time on winter nights...

And need an excuse to get drunk more often...

And need something to stare at on the pub wall when my date gets all uppity and starts talking...

Ah, who am I kidding. I'm hooked and so are all of you and the kike midget knows it. We are not the fans he's worried about pleasing.

So nothing changes.
You speak my mind!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:I fell in love with the Bruins when they eliminated the Leaves.

Plus they're exactly the kind of team I've been pushing for the Canucks to build for years.

"Oh no Strangelove, the game has changed, they're gonna call everything in the playoffs now!"
Do you really think the league would let the Canucks play like the Bruins?

We tried to play clean physical hockey against the Sharks and wound up on the shit end of the worst PP differential in NHL history.

It doesn't matter how we play, we seem to never get more PPs than our opponent in any series. Especially when the score is close.

Call it whining, call it whatever the fuck you want. You'd have to be fucking stupid to not see that the playing field is totally tipped against certain teams and it has nothing to do with their "reputation" or the players on their roster.

Get rid of the greedy jew who overexpanded his cash-strapped league and sees dollar signs when big market teams make the playoffs. Until then there's no fucking point in even considering becoming the big bad Bruins of the West.
They don't let your Vancouver Canucks win your Stanley Cup because your Vancouver Canucks are whiny wimps.

THINK ABOUT IT
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:

Jolly good ole bean, if they're not gonna let us win, let's at least break some bones and win some fights wot. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

We can doooo eeeet....get tougher and less whinier....first step was to kill off Cody...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
They don't let your Vancouver Canucks win your Stanley Cup because your Vancouver Canucks are whiny wimps.

THINK ABOUT IT
I thought ABOUT IT

Being whiny wimps sure doesn't seem to affect Chicago's wonderful relationship with the league and its minions.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

No Rummy, you've gotta think some more good buddy.

I know this is hard for you, but you need to hear it....

Your Vancouver Canucks are by far the whiniest wimps in the history of hockey. :|
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

THINK ABOUT IT
I thought ABOUT IT

Being whiny wimps sure doesn't seem to affect Chicago's wonderful relationship with the league and its minions.
I think Chicago gets a way with it cause its Chicago. We don't because Vancouver could slide into the sea and nobody would notice...especially in New York where the league office is...
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:No Rummy, you've gotta think some more good buddy.

I know this is hard for you, but you need to hear it....

Your Vancouver Canucks are by far the whiniest wimps in the history of hockey. :|
Tell that to tant, he thinks Henrik is a bastion of toughness and playoff awesomeness.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: Tell that to tant, he thinks Henrik is a bastion of toughness and playoff awesomeness.
Most guys have a hard time accepting the fact their team is the whiniest group of wimps in the history of hockey.

Don't be one of them Rummy. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Tell that to tant, he thinks Henrik is a bastion of toughness and playoff awesomeness.
Most guys have a hard time accepting the fact their team is the whiniest group of wimps in the history of hockey.

Don't be one of them Rummy. :thumbs:
OK fine, we're whiny wimps, that's something I've been trying to knock into a midwestern mongoloid's head for some time now... It definitely hasn't helped our relationship with the, ahem, officials. :roll:

But do you really think that's the main reason we've gotten the shit end of the stick for so long? Remember game 7 against the Rangers? That team was tough as a motherfucker. Seriously, we had several players who would have fucked their own mothers to win that game!

I remember you saying the Canucks would never win a Stanley Cup... you must have some inkling of that to which I refer.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: But do you really think that's the main reason we've gotten the shit end of the stick for so long? Remember game 7 against the Rangers? That team was tough as a motherfucker. Seriously, we had several players who would have fucked their own mothers to win that game!
That was the closest your Vancouver Canucks ever got to your Stanley Cup.

That squad was almost tough enough.

Yours truly has consistently called for more toughness every off-season for the better part of two decades.

Yours truly is a fucking genius. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.