2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Discussion

Post by mathonwy »

Well... thought I might as well start a round 2 discussion even though we're half way through.

Some intriguing story lines developing in round 2.

Sharks tie it up with two dominating performances against the Kings with Jumbo Joe and Logan Couture leading the way. Joe Thornton's performance in particular gives me hope that the Sedins will recapture their magic of past and once again lead our Nucks to the promised land. I, and everyone else, thought Joe was on the decline of his career. These playoffs say otherwise. I am also very impressed with how Dan Boyle is playing. One of the best and steadiest defensemen of the NHL I think. This is a pretty good series as both teams are playing good playoff hockey.

Wings up on the Hawks 2-1. I haven't really paid all that much attention to this series except for hearing about it on Team 1040. Ahh.. the Detroit Red Wings. The ultimate model team of consistent high performance. Gotta think the Hawks will wake up sooner or later... hopefully later.

Boston up on the Rags 3-0. Stick a fork in the Rags, they are through! Could this be the last hurrah for Torts? I think everyone's pretty sick of his schtick. Maybe we could swap coaches? AV for Torts straight up? Ultimate sadness is how bad Brad Richards is. A 60 million dollar 4th line player. :(. Boston seems poised to win a 2nd cup. All of their top line players are contributing with Bergeron leading the pack. 3 Rooks on their blue line playing above average hockey (Torey Krug??!?!). 4th line winning the last game. They have to be the early favorites right now.

Pens up on Sens 2-1. Go Sens. The last game was pretty awesome. Alfy tying it up in the last minute short handed and Greening (who?) winning it in 2OT. Team of destiny? Maybe if they win game 4. :)
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: 2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Discussion

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote: Pens up on Sens 2-1. Go Sens. The last game was pretty awesome. Alfy tying it up in the last minute short handed and Greening (who?) winning it in 2OT. Team of destiny? Maybe if they win game 4. :)
Go Sens! Bring the Cup home to Canada! :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Jonathan Toews last 3 years of playoffs:

GP: 21
G: 3
A: 8
P: 11
PPG: 0
GWG: 1
+/-: 0
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Benjo wrote:Jonathan Toews last 3 years of playoffs:

Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only is he a total crybaby, but he sucks nipple as well
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Benjo wrote:Jonathan Toews last 3 years of playoffs:

Seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not only is he a total crybaby, but he sucks nipple as well
Yah not nice pert north pointers either...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Kane had 2 shifts in the last 11 minutes against Detroit tonight when down by 1 goal, and 1 shift after the empty netter was scored...Problems in Chi town?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blah cocks in deep methinks.... Mired if you will
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Orcasfan
CC Veteran

Post by Orcasfan »

So, I wonder... when Chicago loses to Detroit, will Quenneville get the boot? If not, why not? Given how his star players are not performing...

Actually, I've liked Detroit's chances throughout the playoffs. They are hitting their stride, and with a very balanced team - a core of good to excellent vets, with strong supporting role players, both vets and youngsters. And their support, depth guys are really contributing to the scoring. They are a team that is based on skill, with up and coming youngsters, but also with enough grit. Holland is without doubt the GM par excellence of this sorry league!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Yah not nice pert north pointers either...
Or do u mean Peter North(AKA "The Decorator") pointers :shock:
Edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ator&hl=en
Ok my next phone has to be an android now...for sure

Hard not to cheer for the Red Wings. I loved watching the crybaby implode today. Wonder if he's going to expose the Wings for what they really are now...(I guess those sour grapes would seem a little sweeter if VCR didn't let them reel off 3 straight wins right after his little speech)
If you need air...call it in
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Anytime the shit-hawkes lose is a good day in my books. Just need the Pens to beat the Bums in the 3rd round.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

So does anyone think if Toews was a canuck he'd be taking a beating for his 11 points in last 22 playoff games, 2 goals in his last 15, 0 goal in his last 10, minus player, bad penalty taking costing his team an important game play? or is that something saved for non-canadian players?

He's still young and of course a few years ago he was tremendous, but a good chunk of the Hawks struggles the past 3 off seasons can be chalked up to his lack of production and less than stellar play. Somehow everyone seems to be glossing over it because he "works hard" (as only canadians can do.)

To put his goals scoring in perspective....come playoff time he has the goal scoring prowess of Henrik.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

tantalum wrote:So does anyone think if Toews was a canuck he'd be taking a beating for his 11 points in last 22 playoff games, 2 goals in his last 15, 0 goal in his last 10, minus player, bad penalty taking costing his team an important game play? or is that something saved for non-canadian players?

He's still young and of course a few years ago he was tremendous, but a good chunk of the Hawks struggles the past 3 off seasons can be chalked up to his lack of production and less than stellar play. Somehow everyone seems to be glossing over it because he "works hard" (as only canadians can do.)

To put his goals scoring in perspective....come playoff time he has the goal scoring prowess of Henrik.
Saw the numbers last night. Laughed. All of Hank's goal scoring prowess indeed.....and apparently next to none of his setup man skills.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

but, but, but, but, but its the intangibles
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It's amazing that Patrick Kane has shown more maturity this year than the petulant child captain.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

It's nice to know our collective hate for Jonathan Toews and the Blackhawks has not dwindled one bit.