Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by Topper »

Fuck me sideways blue and gently. Shanny the media whore goes into wild speculation as he did with the Hansen call. How does he get principle point of content as the head other than through by using a ouiji board?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:How does he get principle point of content as the head other than through by using a ouiji board?
Because of the way Stoll's head moved. Back, and to the left.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:How does he get principle point of content as the head other than through by using a ouiji board?
Because of the way Stoll's head moved. Back, and to the left.
After Raffi hit his shoulder.

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

In the same game Dustin Penner blindsides Tommy Wingels the same way. Principle point of contact looks to be his chest but his shoulder still makes contact with the head. Not even a phone call.

In the series before that, David Perron blatantly clips Penner with a deliberate blindside elbow with the puck nowhere in sight. Again, no discipline.

The NHL just picks and chooses who they want to suspend, then makes some shit up as evidence to justify the decision... all the while sweeping similar infractions under the table.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

go back to the regular season and see Nash's hit on Kopecky ... Shanny explained later that the principal point of contact was on the back and his (Nash's) elbow hit Kopecky in the head on the follow through...

Nothing, not even a phone call.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Well Niemi last night was positively Reimer-esque. Bad goals and bad rebounds leading to goals.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:Well Niemi last night was positively Reimer-esque. Bad goals and bad rebounds leading to goals.
He didn't look like the superstar he was against us?

More down to earth like our two elite goaltenders in the first round of the playoffs against the Kings and Sharks with bad goals galore and no wins against the Sharks?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watching the 2nd round of the playoffs makes you realize that the Canucks are not in the same league as these 8 teams. Gillis needs to awake from his coma and fix what he fucked up.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:Watching the 2nd round of the playoffs makes you realize that the Canucks are not in the same league as these 8 teams. Gillis needs to awake from his coma and fix what he fucked up.
Prior to doing that he needs to acknowledge it is screwed up from him and his decisions to coaching and their decisions and to the core players not being what is needed to win. Until then it is like pissing into the wind.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Watching the 2nd round of the playoffs makes you realize that the Canucks are not in the same league as these 8 teams. Gillis needs to awake from his coma and fix what he fucked up.
No shit Gillis should have made a few trades and a couple of FA signings by now. It's been 10 days !!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
No shit Gillis should have made a few trades and a couple of FA signings by now. It's been 10 days !!
you'd think he's holed up in Peoria or somewhere.

Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

In all fairness, I can agree with the first sentence, but not the second. The league has shifted to a big, suffocating defensive style and the team continues to hold on to a group that suits the league that was rather than the league that is. They are fortunate that they made it to the finals before the year that 'everything got nasty' in the west.

I think you can understand why Gillis would hang on to this core. It made it to the seventh game of the Cup finals. It's hard to believe that they could be that drastically different than two years ago, but the landscape has changed: they need to adapt. I'm not even sure that this year's PT winner is the right group to make it out of the west.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

RoyalDude wrote: He didn't look like the superstar he was against us?
Still hurting from your leaves loss I see. I understand. Hope you feel better soon.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

tantalum wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: He didn't look like the superstar he was against us?
Still hurting from your leaves loss I see. I understand. Hope you feel better soon.
Hell he's still stinging over his Oilers phenomenal season yet again!
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Puck wrote:I think you can understand why Gillis would hang on to this core. It made it to the seventh game of the Cup finals. It's hard to believe that they could be that drastically different than two years ago, but the landscape has changed: they need to adapt. I'm not even sure that this year's PT winner is the right group to make it out of the west.
I think the lesson that Gillis has to learn is that every NHL crack down on obstruction/defensive play that has occurred since 1994 has been temporary in nature. He needs to take off the blinders if he's ignorant to this fact, and he needs to build the team accordingly. The most amazing part of his post season press conference to me was that he expressed astonishment that the NHL has not maintained an emphases on "a certain style" of "skilled play". Call it what you will, but the style of hockey Gillis is talking about has never been supported by the NHL in recent history for an extended period of time.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.