Election Memorial Jr.

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Election Memorial Jr.

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:One comment necessary.

Whew!

:thumbs:
funny donny....I was going to post: phew!!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

The NDP Leafed it!

Thank goodness.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Confidence in leadership was the deciding factor IMO
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The trouble it seems is the answer to the lie that business will flee in droves if governments spend money on healthcare and education is too complicated to put into the sound bites that people like Mëds can understand.

Christie Clark has proved yet again fear sells.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:The NDP Leafed it!
LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Listercat wrote:Confidence in leadership was the deciding factor IMO
One wonders why Dix got the top job in that party. I think Farnworth would have been a better choice as leader .

Another deciding factor had to have been the NDP's waffling on the Kinder Morgan project, their flat no to mining exploration and port expansion. Uk You damn right fear played a part in this election. People in the trades/resource sector were looking down the road and not seeing too many opportunties for jobs with the NDP coming in. As a person who works for a company that supplies crushing and mining parts to mines, quarries and construction outfits, the NDP would have been a brutal govt. Not to mention my provincial income taxes would have gotten jacked up with little to no improvement in service levels.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:The trouble it seems is the answer to the lie that business will flee in droves if governments spend money on healthcare and education is too complicated to put into the sound bites that people like Mëds can understand.

its not a lie...in as much as not R&D and startups plus expansions slow down...its like a fastball that appears to rise..really it doesnt it just defies gravity a bit...
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..the only thing I'm afraid of is being bent over a table and having Adrian make use of his last name on my ass.

I've worked hard for what I've got and he can't have it.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:The trouble it seems is the answer to the lie that business will flee in droves if governments spend money on healthcare and education is too complicated to put into the sound bites that people like Mëds can understand.

its not a lie...in as much as not R&D and startups plus expansions slow down...its like a fastball that appears to rise..really it doesnt it just defies gravity a bit...
Blobcat can make the ball rise.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blobcat said:
Blobcat can make the ball rise.
if you can do overhand...I will build a team around you... :idea:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol.... windmill ratman..... she used to really snap hard... more of a lazy rise these days. My shoulder is fucking baked though. You still playing any tournaments with Weisner ??
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Listercat wrote:Confidence in leadership was the deciding factor IMO
One wonders why Dix got the top job in that party. I think Farnworth would have been a better choice as leader .
I suspect the questions during the internal review will go back to the rebuild after being reduced to being a Miata.

Joy MacPhail and Jenny Kwan should have been the end of the road for the NDP much the way Rita Johnson was the end of the road for the Social Credit. The left needs to sever its ties with the BC Fed and move to the centre left to have a chance of being elected.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:lol.... windmill ratman..... she used to really snap hard... more of a lazy rise these days. My shoulder is fucking baked though. You still playing any tournaments with Weisner ??
figured as much...lol

roddy is not playing last couple years, busy with the family/coaching the boy. However I did get interest in the canadians this year from him..he is too good to just quit. He calls me cowboy and I stay in his head without pressure just like a blade of grass through concrete..
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

:lol: Corruption over Taxes...wait a go B.C.!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You're absolutely right Topper. They are way too far left to be taken seriously. Back in 1991 the province was ready for change mostly due to VanderZalms arrogance , but Harcourt seemed like he had taken that party closer to the middle. We all saw how that turned out- a ten year reign of error. The best and brightest left the province ( don't think many moved to England) , we got taxed up the ass, got some fast ferries, the hospital janitors made $30 an hour, teachers had 10 kids in each class.... it was peachy.