The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

well this is The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

It is to be expected
If you need air...call it in
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Does SoB play the right side? Healthy scratch most night in Colorado....

:devil:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

CFP! wrote:Does SoB play the right side? Healthy scratch most night in Colorado....

I am sure that Roxy would love SoB back. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Ballard + Higgins for Brassard + Savard?

Brassard seems to be on his way out of Columbus, seen that somewhere on HF the other day.

--
If we only had cap space we could probably trade for center Matt Cullen a perfect rental this season, he seems to put up some good points and thrive in the playoffs.
No offense SKYO, but you have the worst trade suggestions ever.
Hurt my feelings man :P , so I had to re-hash this ridiculous thread.

In these 2013 playoffs

Cullen - 5 gms - 3 assists. (not traded, but still)

Brassard - 7 gms - 2 goals 6 assists - 8 points (playing like a bastard!)

Unrelated comparison rental we got.
Derek Roy - 4 gms - 1 assist.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Here's a really wild one:

To Pittsburg:

Loungo
Kessler
Booth
Bieksa
Tannev
Ballard

Vancouver

Malkin
Letang
Fluery
2nd 2013

Loungu > Fluery
Malkin > Kesler & Booth
Letang & 2nd 2013 <= Bieksa, Tanev and Ballard

Canucks flip Fluery to a team that needs a suspect 1A goaltender that could thrive with a better defensive system in front of him. Probably could get a decent #3 or 4 right side defenceman or good prospect/draft pick for him.

Why would Pittsburg do this?

They need a top goalie.
Booth might fit well with Crosby.
Kesler is a downgrade from Malkin but Booth might nearly makes up the difference.
Losing Letang is a big loss but adding Bieksa, Tanev and ballard make their D stronger overall.

I think this would make
Pittsburg a stronger overall team, especially on defence and goaltending.

Why would Vancouver do this?

Too have a one two punch of Sedin and Malkin at centre would be unreal!
Fluery could be traded for a decent #3 or #4 right side defenceman.

Line up:

Sedin Sedin Kassian/Burrows
Higgins Malkin Burrows/Kassian
Jensen/Raymond schroeder Hansen
Plug/Jensen Lappiere Weise
Call ups/plugs

Edler Letang
Hamhuois Garrison
Fluery trade/FA Coraddo
Alberts plug/plug
snail
Barker
Vandermeir

Schneider
Lack/ Veteran FA Backup

I think this makes Pittsburg stronger overall and weakens Vancouver in the bottom 6 and defence but it gives us two potentinatly dominant top lines.

It would depend what we could get for Fluery.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

CFP! wrote:Does SoB play the right side? Healthy scratch most night in Colorado....

Shane O'Brien would be a really good 3rd pairing guy for the left side if Gillis smartens up and deals Edler and parts for a great return.

O'Brien is mean, gritty, has big attitude, and goes to the mat for his teammates when the bad guys are trying to bully. I loved it when he was here, if anyone decided to crash the crease and get into Luongo's head while he was on the ice, SOB was on them like a fat southerner on fried chicken. He was ultimately cut loose because Vigneault didn't like his attitude and couldn't break his personality to fit the mold of the tail-tucking Canucks. On the ice he's got decent mobility, he's big, strong, doesn't over-commit on offense (usually), and other than ocassionally hanging his partner out to dry when he goes for a big hit, he's pretty sound defensively. I'm not sure what it would take to pry him out of Colorado. But I think he's worth the $2M he is signed on at for 2 more seasons. The Avs have PLENTY of cap space available too.

I wonder if Colorado would do the following.....

To Avs:
Edler
24th overall
1st round 2014
2nd round 2014
+
Some combination of the following:
Ballard, Corrado, Sauve, Raymond, Booth, Schroeder

To Canucks
1st overall - draft MacKinnon.
O'Brien
3rd round 2014
Hunwick or Zanon

If we are planning on giving Henrik a new deal to finish out his career, and Kesler is still signed for another 3 years, I think a deal in which we can land the chance to draft MacKinnon makes Schroeder expendable. We know Raymond is gone and he is worth throwing into any deal at this point since all we're giving away is the rights to talk to him before July 1st. I would hate to part with Corrado, but he's a young guy who has the upside to generate interest. Booth is a risk for any team, but if he's not hurt I think he fits in nicely in most team's top 6 and may be the type of player Colorado would look at. Ballard has upside still, he's a fast skater, he likes to hit (especially hip checks), and loves to jump up into the rush, he's just over priced for what he brings and a team that has a bit of cap space might take him. Sauve is a young, physical dman, he probably has the potential to be a 4-6 guy that brings some size and strength. With Hamhuis and Garrison here on the left side I think he's a guy that should be considered as trade bait if someone is interested.

The 3rd rounder would offset the loss of a 2nd round pick somewhat.

Taking back Hunwick or Zanon is meaningless as they are about to hit UFA. Hunwick is a poor man's Edler, he can move the puck and skate well, but he's defensively his gaffs eclipse Edler's, he's way cheaper though. Zanon is a great positional guy who blocks shots, but he's not a big body that brings a real physical presence.....think poor man's Hamhuis with better shot blocking and very little offensive ability. Unfortunately both of these guys shoot left, but depending on what they are wanting for salary one of them might make a good 7th man.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pittsburghs - Malkin

To Colorado for

1st pick to draft Jones and Duschene or O'Reilly
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Shane O'Brien was a complete buffoon, he had his moments but for a fringe player who should be playing the part of goon when needed, he was pretty dismal.

Not an effective enough hockey player to claim he's too good to get his hands dirty, not good enough at getting his hands dirty to justify his poor play.

Frankly I find it shocking that some Canucks fans are clamoring to get this goof back in the fold.. better the poison you know I guess.. is he even an upgrade on Andrew Alberts at this point?

I'll always remember during one of the Blackhawks series collapses (the second one I think) when the Canucks were starting to take frustration penalties and SOB decided it was worth two minutes for a half-hearted shove of the helmet of a Blackhawk he'd been tangled up with. At least get full value if you're going to take a stupid penalty..
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

O'Brien couldn't get into the lineup on a regular basis on one of the worst bluelines in the game that was having injury issues. He still has his exact same issues he had on and off the ice as he did in Vancouver. Heck they did a feature on him early this year on the AVs broadcast and it was done from his favourite spot to go in Denver....a bar.

If he is anywhere near the top 7 of the canucks next season then the offseason has been a failure.

I also think people need to watch other D-men if they think Edler is some sort of error machine. He isn't. He certainly has work to do and likely needs a solid partner (ahem NOT Bieksa) but he is by no means terrible. Guys like Hunwick are terrible..at both ends of the rink.
Last edited by tantalum on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

On top of everything, his cap hit is 20% higher than it was when we dumped him for nothing the privilege of paying Ryan Parent $1.85m to languish in the AHL for two seasons.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Pair SOB with Bryan Allen and the time machine.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Re:Edler

I think it is a good point to keep in mind we see him play ever game. Whereas players on other teams we see occasionally, so less so. So it is easy to see all of Edler's warts. Stepping back is really the only way to honestly assess the guy.

Having said that I still think he is our most tradable asset and can bring pieces back to solidify the top 9. I think he could bring us a top 6 and a third line centre.

But the hole on defence would be huge. This is why I don't think he will be traded.

I think Luongo and Ballard will be gone in addition to a number of FA who won't be back. Whatever we have left in cap is what we will have to work with. I'm sure when MG re-tooled and re-set the plan it was a 5 year plan, as was his original. MG and Gillman both has said a number of times that the core will stay. So depending upon who they consider the core I doubt we see much of a change.

I'm still confused by re-signing Sestito. I fail to see any real value or any sense of urgency getting this one done.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah if only Bieksa didn't have a full NTC we could keep Edler and trade Juice instead out East, but maybe a with a tough new coach he'll ask for a trade. :P ikeed.

Luongo and Ballard will be the first to be traded for sure, and I think it was rikster? who said it sounds like there are some possible deals in place already. :thumbs:
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Knucklehead wrote: Here's a really wild one:
Loungo
Kessler
Booth
Bieksa
Tannev
Ballard

:bang:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Still married to this ideal of a straight up B Ryan for Edler deal to happen, doubt we can ever trade for a player of that caliber/age again for the next 10 years or so, where I'd be in my 40's :'(

Bobby's value is just low enough right now to trade for, as luckily enough he can't fit in with the married couple of Getzlaf/Perry.