From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:Mason Raymond better have a hell of a good agent if he is going to convince Gillis that he is worth substantially more than Chris Higgins.

IMO, Higgins and Raymond should be financially comparable. Raymond is better offensively, but Higgins is a better two-way player and plays with (way) more grit than Raymond. Any of the better offensive talent Raymond has, higgins easily makes up for in other areas.
Offensively, Raymond isn't much better than Higgins. Overall, Higgins brings a lot more to the table than Raymond. I would rather MG spend the money to upgrade the bottom six grit and toughness or the bottom d-pairing.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
herb wrote:Mason Raymond better have a hell of a good agent if he is going to convince Gillis that he is worth substantially more than Chris Higgins.

IMO, Higgins and Raymond should be financially comparable. Raymond is better offensively, but Higgins is a better two-way player and plays with (way) more grit than Raymond. Any of the better offensive talent Raymond has, higgins easily makes up for in other areas.
Offensively, Raymond isn't much better than Higgins. Overall, Higgins brings a lot more to the table than Raymond. I would rather MG spend the money to upgrade the bottom six grit and toughness or the bottom d-pairing.
Generally speaking, this season at least, I have found Raymond's speed and puck distribution to be better than Higgins'. Higgins is a bit better at going to the net and working along the boards, but in open ice and moving through traffic Raymond is better. Raymond is also his equal in the defensive zone, and better at getting back because of his speed.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Generally speaking, this season at least, I have found Raymond's speed and puck distribution to be better than Higgins'. Higgins is a bit better at going to the net and working along the boards, but in open ice and moving through traffic Raymond is better. Raymond is also his equal in the defensive zone, and better at getting back because of his speed.
That is the key. Raymond hardly goes to the net and he is not good along the boards.

Raymond has to back check fast because he is usually the one who turns over the puck along the board.

Anyhow, 2nd/3rd line players like Higgins and Hansen, who give their 100% every shift, are what the Canucks need.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
That is the key. Raymond hardly goes to the net and he is not good along the boards.

Raymond has to back check fast because he is usually the one who turns over the puck along the board.

Anyhow, 2nd/3rd line players like Higgins and Hansen, who give their 100% every shift, are what the Canucks need.
This season Raymond has gone to the net. The winning goal against Phoenix was the result of Raymond going to the net and not quitting after getting dumped and tossed below the goal line. I agree Higgins is better in front because he's a bit heavier and stronger. But you can't dismiss Raymond's season this year.

I don't think he's worth even $4M, but I would like to keep him at around $3M-$3.5M if it's doable.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LMAO @ the Flames. Keep on winning please.

Feaster is quite the GM.... that team will pick 7th or 8th in the best draft in a decade.

IDIOT !!!!!! should have thrown Glencross, Sarich and anyone who wasn't nailed down off the bus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :bounce:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I've always thought the GM should have taken notice when Willie Mitchell was rag dolling Raymond every other practice. Even the players are telling you this guy doesn't compete.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

What is most humourous is that this is the site that for years mocked Oiler fans when Oiler fans would get excited by some end of the year tear. They'd proclaim that is didn't mean anything as the pressure is off and people are playing for jobs next season. They were of course correct yet can't seem to recognize this is exactly what the Flames are doing right now. They haven't changed teh culture. They haven't turned a corner in compete level. The haven't got better. They have nothing to play for and guys are simply working as hard as they can to get pencilled in at an NHL salary next season.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LMAO @ the Flames. Keep on winning please.

Feaster is quite the GM.... that team will pick 7th or 8th in the best draft in a decade.

IDIOT !!!!!! should have thrown Glencross, Sarich and anyone who wasn't nailed down off the bus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :bounce:
Blob is like my sister city in Japan lol
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

100 pages of pure bile and counting at the mongoloid farm. Not being a prick here but is there nothing else to do in Alberta except post about another hockey team that plays its games 600 miles away ?? It's entertaining and all and most of the hockey takes on that board make a guy LOL on a regular basis but I do worry that these kids might want to branch out a bit and actually you know.... get a life.

I guess we can be happy that the Canucks are currently a much better team than the Flames and their prospect depth is as lousy as Vancouver's.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not being a prick here..........
lol

C'mon Blob.

Let's keep it real.

You know you're being a prick, I mean, why change now?

;)
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

This is what makes Bountiful so good.

Someone organizes a group buy of Iggie Pens jerseys.

Order hasn't shipped yet ........

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=126366

Did anyone think of getting #19 Rags jerseys? How about #16 Islanders/Habs/Caps?

Thought so.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:This is what makes Bountiful so good.

Did anyone think of getting #19 Rags jerseys? How about #16 Islanders/Habs/Caps?

Thought so.
I arranged for a friend of mine to receive a pens tshirt with iginla and his number in the back for his birthday this year after the trade deadline ... It was meant as a dig cause although he's a great friend he's a total prick flames fan who actually jumped up and cheered when the clock ran down in 94 like he was a true rags fan...
Anyway he actually loved the shirt !? gushed like a school girl.. "So happy for Iggy to get a chance at a cup ring " :crazy:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:This is what makes Bountiful so good.

Thought so.
I arranged for a friend of mine to receive a pens tshirt with iginla and his number in the back for his birthday this year after the trade deadline ... It was meant as a dig cause although he's a great friend he's a total prick flames fan who actually jumped up and cheered when the clock ran down in 94 like he was a true rags fan...
Anyway he actually loved the shirt !? gushed like a school girl.. "So happy for Iggy to get a chance at a cup ring " :crazy:
:lol:

Ask him why Dougie Gilmore can't get a babysitter in Cowtown...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ukcanuck wrote:"So happy for Iggy to get a chance at a cup ring " :crazy:
Ironically, Fleury will prevent this from happening.

At least this year anyways!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bountiful is gold Jerry .

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=127911

Probably half of the mouth breathers figure Jarome Iginla is as good as Joe Sakic was and the only difference was their respective supporting classes. It gets better though if you read on. One poster says Iginla is one of the top 3 wingers of all time. I guess the names Howe, Lafleur, Bobby Hull, Brett Hull, Neely, Bure, Selanne and Kurri mean nothing to this chump. Hell I'd argue Shanahan and Mogilny were better players and I am a fan of Iginla.

A better comparison would be Sakic to Yzerman . Perhaps Iginla to Shanahan or Tocchet. Maybe Neely, though I think he is the best of those 4 by a good margin.