Press Conference (Today) at 12pm

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Press Conference (Today) at 12pm

Post by wafflecombine »

According to Team 1040, the Canucks will be holding a presser at 12pm. So the question is - standard lines of addressing our needs and what not or do we see AV and his staff are gone?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Press Conference Tomorrow at 12pm

Post by SKYO »

MG was prepping for this since Monday.

Probably just the standard stuff, we tried hard, we put forth great effort, didn't work out, we'll try some changes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

wafflecombine wrote:According to Team 1040, the Canucks will be holding a presser at 12pm
... followed by a parade to the airport.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote:
wafflecombine wrote:According to Team 1040, the Canucks will be holding a presser at 12pm
... followed by a parade to the airport.
Seeing the Sedins and Edler off as they head to the World Championships in Stockholm?

It was a short season and they'd like some consolation prize.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

typical yearend BS.

I much prefer Aquaman next week holding a press conference.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Look down
Last edited by Topper on Wed May 08, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Thank you fans for supporting the team, especially after the work stoppage. We are very disappointed as we know our fans are. We will be conducting a detailed review of the season and all personnel in the coming days/weeks and will hold another press conference then.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. .... nice warm hand job......yadda, yadda, yadda.

Once again, thank you to the best fans in the league.

Two minutes after the press conference, season ticket renewals go out with a 15% increase.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper you forgot the part about MG not understanding why the fans are so upset and talking about blowing up the team. He will then outline all the success we have had in the last 5 years and reiterate that you have to put the team in a position to be at the top every year so that one year everything goes your way and you win it all.

He will say they like the team, they like the core and not to use injuries as an excuse it played a part and everyone knows you have to have a lot of luck to win the cup in the injury department.

He'll like that Edler and the twins are getting valuable experience at the World's. He'll say some players didn't play up to expectations and that the organization needs more from its younger players.

OR

He will surprise us and say totally unacceptable, no excuses and the team will make the necessary changes to right the ship.
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

EDIT: changed my mind...
DeLevering since 1999.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Gillis will say not much of anything other than what is obvious. Media and fans will be all in a tizzy because he never said anything of substance. He will be accused of having no plan etc etc etc.

The same thing that happens during every year end press conference for EVERY team that bows out in disappointing circumstances.

On the flip side the teams that exceeded expectations will hold a press conference and the GM will not say anything other than what is obvious. The media and fans will be all in a tizzy trying to line up to fellate him for such a "substantive" Q&A and for having a great plan moving forward.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

My expectations for this press conference are not high, although I would like for Gillis to say the coaching staff has been shown the door, and everything is up for reevaluation given two disappointing playoff exits in a row. I don't want to hear or read about any excuses.

Gillis has a big job ahead of him, and I don't expect to hear a comprehensive plan one business day after the Canucks were pushed out of the playoff emergency exit. I do want to hear that this BS has to end, and he will make the necessary changes to put this team back on track.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:OR

He will surprise us and say totally unacceptable, no excuses and the team will make the necessary changes to right the ship.
If Mike Gillis says this, he'll keep his job!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

Hockey Widow wrote:Topper you forgot the part about MG not understanding why the fans are so upset and talking about blowing up the team. He will then outline all the success we have had in the last 5 years and reiterate that you have to put the team in a position to be at the top every year so that one year everything goes your way and you win it all.

He will say they like the team, they like the core and not to use injuries as an excuse it played a part and everyone knows you have to have a lot of luck to win the cup in the injury department.

He'll like that Edler and the twins are getting valuable experience at the World's. He'll say some players didn't play up to expectations and that the organization needs more from its younger players.

OR

HW, not that I want to out you, but methinks you may have once worked in the Canucks PR department, because this reads like exact copy. Door #1 or door #2 depends entirely on the level of heat MG is feeling from ownership. If he stays with the predictable then Mr. Aqualini isn't breathing right down his neck at the moment. If he he goes in the more unpredictable direction its to save his own skin.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:
Two minutes after the press conference, season ticket renewals go out with a 15% increase.
5% I'm told....
DeLevering since 1999.