Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by Vpete »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Topper wrote:On a side note, is c-hair becoming a lost unit of measurement?
Not by a cuntry bushfull.
I only used it for distance measurement- as in how far I could spit one.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The Pens will be looking for a goaltender.

So to will the Habs IMO as I think they are not satisfied with Price (unfortunate for Budaj to have to enter the game cold to start OT).

The Isles also will be as they should look to improve that position with what should be a long term solution.

Markstrom was not good for the Panthers. Some great games but more poor ones.

Do the Wild need a goaltender this summer?

Is winnipeg satisfied with pavelec (they shouldn't be)?

Does tampa roll the dice on a youngster (seems they will).

Flyers need help

Avs need help

Stars goaltending has not been good

Toronto of course.

i think there could be quite a few teams looking to shake up the goaltending.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Tant I can tell you that Winnipeg will sit on Pavelec- they made the rookie mistake of pre-paying for potential that may not ever have existed.

There are too many Pavelec cheer leaders in the organization to give up on him after year 1 of that deal.

If the goal is to improve the team and get the best return possible then Gillis should move Schneider IMO. Jersey may want a guy like him.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Some good points there tant, maybe the goalie market will open up more now after all the teams have a season and playoffs to analyze their goaltending situation, and all of that could help MG keep his job!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Islanders is intriguing. It means eating some crow on all the DiPietro moves but the move to Brooklyn makes the destination more palatable for Lou.

No idea how the Pens would do it capwise next year.
Last edited by Topper on Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Topper wrote:Islanders is intriguing. The move to Brooklyn makes the destination more palatable for Lou.
A year ago we would have laughed at this suggestion. Not so much now.

Good breakdown Tant. Pens would have to find a taker for Fleury, or buy him out.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

herb wrote:
Topper wrote:Islanders is intriguing. The move to Brooklyn makes the destination more palatable for Lou.
A year ago we would have laughed at this suggestion. Not so much now.

Good breakdown Tant. Pens would have to find a taker for Fleury, or buy him out.
Yep they'd have to move Fleury. I know I'd take Luongo over Fleury every day of the week and twice on Sundays especially at the same cap hit! I think it would be a very very good move for the Pens to shore up goaltending for the next 5 or 6 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

tantalum wrote: Yep they'd have to move Fleury. I know I'd take Luongo over Fleury every day of the week and twice on Sundays especially at the same cap hit! I think it would be a very very good move for the Pens to shore up goaltending for the next 5 or 6 years.
Yup. I'd go after Luongo in a heartbeat if I were Pittsburgh. Hopefully MAF and Vokoun continue to play like shit, and the Pens get bounced in Round 1. Let's go Islanders!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah I have hard time believing Buffalo would want Miller still playing in the East, at least for next season, which rules him out for the Pens.

And some dumb GM's will probably way overpay Smith and Backstrom in the offseason.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
donlever wrote:Schneider starting game 3 and 4 after Luongo was apparently good in the first two combined with this equals not such good news for any hopes of him staying around methinks. Bye bye Luo.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/05/luon ... le-photos/
I lived in penthouse suite in Jamaica. Great afro-disiac. Get a chick in that place, one look around and her panties hit the floor a c-hair before her knees.

On a side note, is c-hair becoming a lost unit of measurement?
Yes I believe it is along with crab lice:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-1 ... ealth.html
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:
donlever wrote:Schneider starting game 3 and 4 after Luongo was apparently good in the first two combined with this equals not such good news for any hopes of him staying around methinks. Bye bye Luo.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/05/luon ... le-photos/
I lived in penthouse suite in Jamaica. Great afro-disiac. Get a chick in that place, one look around and her panties hit the floor a c-hair before her knees.

On a side note, is c-hair becoming a lost unit of measurement?
Yes I believe it is along with crab lice:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-1 ... ealth.html
Ewwwwwww....my GF is half Brazilian... :D

Pittsburgh might be looking for a solid goalie next year, maybe they buy out MAF?! and Luo can get a Steeltown condo! :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

The idea of a retool seems redundant to me as I think Gillis has tried that. He brought in Booth and shipped out Samuelsson. Let Ehrhoff go but got Garrison. Kept Lappy and Higgins but let Torres go.

Whatever the reasons he made his attempt to improve the roster that got him to game 7 at SCF. Now it seems any move has to be more a core structural one. To do so means looking at Burrows, Sedins, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler and both goalies.

Tony Gallagher has hinted if not said there are pockets of discontent with AV from players. So whatever truth there is does starting with AV not make sense?

It's cheaper than other moves in some ways.

The cap will also force changes larger than a retool too. To get down with some space means players are gone and the replacement may not be much better because of what can be afforded. Factor in what coul remain and it may not be a roster that suits AV's style or technique. Another reason to move the coach first.

Thus I think Gillis is given time to get out of his retool mess but that plan will revolve around whether AV is the right coach for what he wants after changes.

Look at it any way and I can't see changes being a retool, it has to be more and I think Canucks fans should be okay with that.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Last I heard that since Ruff was canned, the Sabres-Miller relationship had a bit of a thaw (i.e. they may actually look at extending him). Miller was frustrated at the lack of effort of many of his teammates and was vocal about it. once the coaching change was made the players were held accountable for poor performances through benchings and scratches.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Vpete wrote:Thus I think Gillis is given time to get out of his retool mess but that plan will revolve around whether AV is the right coach for what he wants after changes. Look at it any way and I can't see changes being a retool, it has to be more and I think Canucks fans should be okay with that.
I think the jury's in - AV is no longer the right coach. No more than Ruff was the right coach anymore in Buffalo. His dismissal has to be the first move and hopefully it will be announced tomorrow.

After that, it's some serious and dispassionate player analysis that needs happening.

Nice point Tant, about the goalie market. I have a feeling that there will be some hard decisions made in light of the latest goalie meltdowns. As much as it will make Cheezeburglar's-special-sauce-gargler Dreger cry, I think Cheezeburglar's tough guy FU act to Gillis re: Luongo at the deadline could be a blessing in disguise.

We'll see how it plays out... :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Getting rid of the coach solves nothing with this team. AV has to go, but to think that that is the biggest problem with this team is truly misguided. Still the same ole lame, passionless, heartless core group of players, not built for the playoffs, who cannot seem to build any chemistry between each other and ain't no new coach gonna make that better. Gillis gets a buy this year by firing AV, but once AV is gone, all the pressure will fall squarely on him now to right the ship, he's got no more excuses. Between now and next season, we truly get to see what kind of a GM he is. It will be 6 season and 6 drafts for Gillis. The fucking honeymoon is over for the players agent. After getting knocked out of the first round two years in a row and no AV to blame anymore, the fans will be turning their mad eyes on him, if the debauchery continues. I'm sure this is why Gillis will not like firing the scapegoat cause the scapegoat he will be come. About fucking time!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau