Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by Chef Boi RD »

paddy wrote:
Edler is gets you more than Juice cause his upside is greater Juice stays cause this blueline is marshmellow soft as it is Higgins just signed for 4 more yrs he aint going anywhere...
I don't know why you think Bieksa is tough, when does he fight? When does he stick up for teammates? He gets outmuscled all the time. I don't get it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
paddy wrote:
Edler is gets you more than Juice cause his upside is greater Juice stays cause this blueline is marshmellow soft as it is Higgins just signed for 4 more yrs he aint going anywhere...
I don't know why you think Bieksa is tough, when does he fight? When does he stick up for teammates? He gets outmuscled all the time. I don't get it.
Bieksa is our toughest d-man. That shows you how soft our D is.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
paddy wrote:
Bieksa is our toughest d-man. That shows you how soft our D is.
Our nastiest Dman left when Bryan Allen was part of the Luongo trade. Not even Willie made life too tough in front of the goalie. You don't need more than two of those type of punching, nasty Dmen, but if you qualify Bieksa as one we could sure use another.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Lancer wrote:Our nastiest Dman left when Bryan Allen was part of the Luongo trade. Not even Willie made life too tough in front of the goalie. You don't need more than two of those type of punching, nasty Dmen, but if you qualify Bieksa as one we could sure use another.
I thought SOB and Alberts are willing to play nasty if needed, but SOB probably doesn't have the best attitude and Alberts is a bit limited in his abilities. I wouldn't mind keeping Alberts just cuz he's willing to play that robust game, even though he doesn't play much.

I was a fan of big bad bryan allen as well. I was hoping the nucks would of went after him when he was a UFA last summer, but they got garrison instead. I'd luv to get rid of ballard in the summer for sure and use that money on an allen type.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

RoyalDude wrote:
paddy wrote:
Edmonton 7 Vancouver 2 Bieksas first game back from injury and he is still playing hurt Pacific Blue offseason Surgery wait for it but I digress go back and watch Smid run Kesler and take Liberties... Watch as Bieksa skates the length of the ice and drops his gloves and gives Smid a subtle reminder in the head on how the world works and his place in it Ladislav Smid is running Ryan Kesler... When does he fight Seriously??? Hockeyfights.com to lazy to post a link...

there are 2 guys you move Edler and Burrows... I dont understand the love affair you have for the coma riddled Edler a lil too casual and has been for a while
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

paddy wrote:
Edmonton 7 Vancouver 2 Bieksas first game back from injury and he is still playing hurt Pacific Blue offseason Surgery wait for it but I digress go back and watch Smid run Kesler and take Liberties... Watch as Bieksa skates the length of the ice and drops his gloves and gives Smid a subtle reminder in the head on how the world works and his place in it Ladislav Smid is running Ryan Kesler... When does he fight Seriously??? Hockeyfights.com to lazy to post a link...

there are 2 guys you move Edler and Burrows... I dont understand the love affair you have for the coma riddled Edler a lil too casual and has been for a while
This moments are few and very far between.

I can count on 2 fingers how many times I saw him do something like that. He is all talk and no action.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Reefer2 wrote: I can count on 2 fingers how many times I saw him do something like that. He is all talk and no action.
The problem is the Canucks need MORE of this type of player. Moving Bieksa isn't going to help us be tougher, it will make us softer. Now if we moved Edler and Ballard out, and brought some tougher asshole to play back there, we're talking Asshole X + Bieksa.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
paddy wrote:

This moments are few and very far between.

I can count on 2 fingers how many times I saw him do something like that. He is all talk and no action.
Thank you

but I'm now more leaning to keeping Bieksa over Edler. But then again, I'm torn on this. Either way, our defense is extremely overrated and needs serious fixing. I like Garrison and Hamhius and to a lesser extent Corrado and Tanev but our first two pairing needs two new faces. The game now is purely about the defense, NOT GOALTENDING. Look at the fucking league now and all the playoff teams. How many great goalies do you see in the playoffs? The Senators, Blues, Anaheim, Detroit, Toronto, Islanders, Niemi, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, the Wild do not possess elite goaltending. It's all about team defense and having top notch defense core.

I would only consider the Kings goalie, the Habs goalie and Rangers goalie and I guess the Canucks goalies elite goalies and 3 of these teams are on their way to getting knocked out. Goaltending is fucking overrated, it's all about your defense core in this game, personally, I'd trade both Schneider and Luongo.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:The game now is purely about the defense, NOT GOALTENDING. Look at the fucking league now and all the playoff teams. How many great goalies do you see in the playoffs? The Senators, Blues, Anaheim, Detroit, Toronto, Islanders, Niemi, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, the Wild do not possess elite goaltending. It's all about team defense and having top notch defense core.
The Senators are back stopped by Craig Anderson. He was the BEST goaltender out of the gate this year, and he came back from injury and didn't miss a beat. Look at his numbers. They are better numbers than many of the elite guys have put up in a single season in their entire careers.

Chicago has gotten amazing goaltending from both Crawford and Emery this year. They have flat out stood on their heads at times. Yes the Hawks can score and control the game most nights, but those two have been outstanding. They are having years that look like they are elite goalies.

Niemi is putting up incredible numbers this year. It's behind team defense, but he's fluking out like crazy left and right and getting help from his team.

Rask is going to be an elite goaltender in this league. There's a reason people were talking about him being in Vezina contention earlier.

The Wild have Backstrom, he's top 10 in the league since the lockout of 2004. Harding is standing on his head and saving Minnesota's collective ass all over the ice.

Price is considered elite and is falling apart at the seams right now.

Quick is elite.

Howard has played in elite form for the last month damn near. He's the only reason the Wings are in the playoffs.

Did you take note of the numbers that Elliot and Halak put up last year? Those were elite goaltending numbers.

So Toronto, Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, and Anaheim, are not back stopped by elite goaltenders. The leaves are down in their series, the Pens are playing the Isles and goaltending isn't even a factor there, the Caps are up on the Rags, and Holtby has been VERY good, Anaheim is tied with Detroit.....

Wait a minute.....this was one of you emotional rants where you just type out whatever is on your mind at the time without actually thinking about it, isn't it.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The game now is purely about the defense, NOT GOALTENDING. Look at the fucking league now and all the playoff teams. How many great goalies do you see in the playoffs? The Senators, Blues, Anaheim, Detroit, Toronto, Islanders, Niemi, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, the Wild do not possess elite goaltending. It's all about team defense and having top notch defense core.
The Senators are back stopped by Craig Anderson. He was the BEST goaltender out of the gate this year, and he came back from injury and didn't miss a beat. Look at his numbers. They are better numbers than many of the elite guys have put up in a single season in their entire careers.

Chicago has gotten amazing goaltending from both Crawford and Emery this year. They have flat out stood on their heads at times. Yes the Hawks can score and control the game most nights, but those two have been outstanding. They are having years that look like they are elite goalies.

Niemi is putting up incredible numbers this year. It's behind team defense, but he's fluking out like crazy left and right and getting help from his team.

Rask is going to be an elite goaltender in this league. There's a reason people were talking about him being in Vezina contention earlier.

The Wild have Backstrom, he's top 10 in the league since the lockout of 2004. Harding is standing on his head and saving Minnesota's collective ass all over the ice.

Quick is elite.

Howard has played in elite form for the last month damn near. He's the only reason the Wings are in the playoffs.

Did you take note of the numbers that Elliot and Halak put up last year? Those were elite goaltending numbers.

So Toronto, Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, and Anaheim, are not back stopped by elite goaltenders. The leaves are down in their series, the Pens are playing the Isles and goaltending isn't even a factor there, the Caps are up on the Rags, and Holtby has been VERY good, Anaheim is tied with Detroit.....

Wait a minute.....this was one of you emotional rants where you just type out whatever is on your mind at the time without actually thinking about it, isn't it.....
So according this

Anderson
Emery
Crawford
Rask
Backstrom
Niemi

are elite goaltenders

Shit, why not call every goalie in the league Elite!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Quick is elite.

So according this

Anderson
Emery
Crawford
Rask
Backstrom
Niemi

are elite goaltenders

Shit, why not call every goalie in the league Elite!
My point, which you are clearly too obtuse to get, is that those teams are getting elite goaltending.

And Anderson's numbers are VERY good. If not for his seasons as a backup for Chicago when the Hawks sucked, and his half season with the Avalanche who also sucked, his numbers would be better than a few goaltenders who are considered elite. As it stands his career numbers are quite good.

Backstrom's career numbers rival Luongo's.

Strangely enough, Rask and Crawford also have career totals that are better than Luongo's. Hmmmm.....
Last edited by Meds on Tue May 07, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

First we will have to see if MG will keep his job, Im guessing he does, I'd be shocked a little if he loses his job.

Assuming he keeps his job for another two years, he will get his shot at hiring a new head coach.

Dallas Eakins? Paul Maurice?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:First we will have to see if MG will keep his job, Im guessing he does, I'd be shocked a little if he loses his job.

Assuming he keeps his job for another two years, he will get his shot at hiring a new head coach.

Eakins....maybe.

Maurice.....HELL NO!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

SKYO wrote:First we will have to see if MG will keep his job, Im guessing he does, I'd be shocked a little if he loses his job.

I know most "experts" are predicting the Gillis gets another year,but given the lack of patience they gave Nonis and the epic fail the team had this year, I'm not so sure.
If the aquamen were to gas him I'm guessing it would be quick so they can get the new GM in to get a Luongo deal done PDQ,otherwise they could be looking at a nasty buyout.

AV is done and the assistant coaches need to be assessed/replaced as well
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

its time to give the front end a vinegar douche...