GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Arachnid » Tue May 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Per wrote:It's do or die.

Time to turn the switch.
Crank it!

If they do they win, if they don't, they don't :|
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2856
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Aaronp18 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:04 pm

spooner wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: At least the right call was made to put Luongo in
Schneider is starting
Yeah heard that on the Team, saw ukcanuck's post and thought the decision was made.

Well hopefully Schneids is ready. I would have gone with Luo.

Might as well Hodgson him if nothing else. 8-)

Glad to see you're willing to pitch in donny! Doc and I will save a little spot on that bandwagon should everyone want to sneak back on sometime.

:thumbs:

User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by donlever » Tue May 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Aaronp18 wrote: I would have gone with Luo.

Speaking of Luo.

Nice digs brother.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/05/luon ... le-photos/

Aaronp18 wrote: Glad to see you're willing to pitch in donny! Doc and I will save a little spot on that bandwagon should everyone want to sneak back on sometime.

:thumbs:
I'll nay be jumpin' on n e bandwagon laddie.

One game is all, for the cause...other than that..meh.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2856
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Aaronp18 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:19 pm

donlever wrote: One game is all, for the cause...other than that..meh.
What no t-shirts or jerseys or hats....

....no coasters or posters or past playoff years towels....

....no water bottles or themed browsers and what else ... no car flags!!

:shock:

:mrgreen:

User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by donlever » Tue May 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Aaronp18 wrote: ... no car flags!!

:shock:
...I don't even know where any of the car flags are.

Burned in effigy perhaps?

I'll wear my Naslund jersey so if we choke I'll be sure to represent.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Rumsfeld » Tue May 07, 2013 1:29 pm

I've found a way to enjoy the game tonight no matter what happens!!

Seriously guys it doesn't matter it really really doesn't matter!

Hee heeeh ha

OMG this one time I was

Image
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
spooner
CC Veteran
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by spooner » Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Aaronp18 wrote: Well hopefully Schneids is ready. I would have gone with Luo.
Hopefully. As long as he's completely healthy then I'm okay with Schneider getting the start.

User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by donlever » Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Rumsfeld wrote: Image
His spidey sense is tingling for damned sure.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Rumsfeld » Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Schneids has been our guy all year, we gotta live or die with him. He's the best goalie we have.

That was honestly the worst game I've ever seen him play, he clearly wasn't 100%.

Hopefully we see the real Cory tonight.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

I might get roasted for not being a "true fan", but I would actually prefer that they lose tonight. I'm too worried that, should they win a game or two, the powers that be will find excuses not to do anything (i.e. no trading key pieces, no firing the coach). Were I to actually believe this team could go anywhere, I would be all for winning, but as it is I have no faith in this team nor in this coach. I see the greatest guarantee of steps being taken to right the ship as a solid sweep.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
herb
CC Legend
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by herb » Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Getting swept in the first round....THIS IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR.

User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by donlever » Tue May 07, 2013 2:01 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:I might get roasted for not being a "true fan", but I would actually prefer that they lose tonight. I'm too worried that, should they win a game or two, the powers that be will find excuses not to do anything (i.e. no trading key pieces, no firing the coach).
Devils Advocate.

If this is the mindset of a management team of a club that is on the verge of consecutive first round knockouts, is 2-11 or 2-12 (whatever it is) in their last grouping of playoff games while scoring a total of 16 or 17 goals (whatever it is) in that span we are fucked whether we get swept or not because clearly they can't see for looking if they think this group remains on the cusp of anything but a downturn.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue May 07, 2013 2:09 pm

donlever wrote:Devils Advocate.

If this is the mindset of a management team of a club that is on the verge of consecutive first round knockouts, is 2-11 or 2-12 (whatever it is) in their last grouping of playoff games while scoring a total of 16 or 17 goals (whatever it is) in that span we are fucked whether we get swept or not because clearly they can't see for looking if they think this group remains on the cusp of anything but a downturn.
Well, I would have thought this to be the case last year, but apparently that loss wasn't convincing enough to management. Hence, my hope that a sweep will be the writing on the wall that they can't ignore. I do agree with you that, sweep or no, if management cannot see that some changes are required, we are truly screwed.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Arachnid » Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
spooner wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: At least the right call was made to put Luongo in
Schneider is starting
Yeah heard that on the Team, saw ukcanuck's post and thought the decision was made.

Well hopefully Schneids is ready. I would have gone with Luo.

Might as well Hodgson him if nothing else. 8-)

Glad to see you're willing to pitch in donny! Doc and I will save a little spot on that bandwagon should everyone want to sneak back on sometime.

:thumbs:
You're not on the bandwagon, you're on a Jetski! :D

I don't care whether they win or lose, as long as they fight hard (like they did against ChiSux couple o' weeks ago).

If they shit the bed and bend over like they did so far in this series you and SL will be the first I go postal on :wink:
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9428
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: R1G4 Canucks @ Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Topper » Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

donlever wrote:
DonCherry4PM wrote:I might get roasted for not being a "true fan", but I would actually prefer that they lose tonight. I'm too worried that, should they win a game or two, the powers that be will find excuses not to do anything (i.e. no trading key pieces, no firing the coach).
Devils Advocate.

If this is the mindset of a management team of a club that is on the verge of consecutive first round knockouts, is 2-11 or 2-12 (whatever it is) in their last grouping of playoff games while scoring a total of 16 or 17 goals (whatever it is) in that span we are fucked whether we get swept or not because clearly they can't see for looking if they think this group remains on the cusp of anything but a downturn.
He said "we", not "they".

Tough to get them out of the system isn't it Donny. I'm nearly purged.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Post Reply