Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Island Nucklehead »

AV has to go. That's as much of a no-brainer as you'll get. This team has been fucking terrible in the playoffs 2 years in a row. Right now they are the worst playoff team in the NHL. For a team that starts every year near the top of the salary charts that is unacceptable.

Dallas Eakins is a guy that worked well with the Toronto Marlies. Tony Granato is Bylsma's assistant in Pittsburgh. Mike Kithchen is an assistant with the Blackhawks. Larry Robinson is currently kicking the shit out of your Vancouver Canucks with the Sharks.

As far as the roster...

Sedins, Kesler, Higgins, Kassian, Hansen stay. The rest can go. This team needs a new identity. The dive, head-snap, bitch and complain is over. This team isn't skilled enough to warrant that kind of cry-baby attitude. Get back to fucking working hard.

I would seriously consider moving Edler. Not because he's useless, but because we can get a significant piece back for him. Obviously this platooning fuck-around that was our D this year didn't work. I think this team could use a philosophical adjustment on the backend. This offense from the defence style doesn't work in the playoffs when the shooting lanes tighten up and the outside shots get blocked. It doesn't work in our end where our smaller d-men can't clear our slot. I think having a top-4 that can play with the puck is essential, but also a couple guys who can play in their own zone and make life hard on opposing forwards.

Trade Luongo already. This has been a sideshow and a distraction and wasted cap space.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

With the CC lovable - Chris Higgins pulling off another no show (Where the fuck is he?) like he did in last years playoff against the Kings, you can see why he is a well travelled journeyman. He can go to

At forward, I'm only keeping

The Sedins
Kesler
Burrows
Hansen
Kassian
Weise

The rest of the passionless waste of times can all go

Graduate

Schroeder
Jensen
Gaunce

and why the fuck not? We need youthful enthusiasm on this team. I look at the Senators play and with the way those kids are sparking that team, it only proves that building from within is the only way to go. Trading for veterens at the expense of your own draft picks does not work. The vets hearts just ain't in it, ie Derek Roy. The kids have way more passion for the teams that drafted them than some useless money grubbing veteren whom has a high self opinion of what he is worth.

Again, somebody is going to have to explain me the benefits of having Roy over Schroeder. Did Gillis not investigate into Roy's splendid playoff history, now sitting at 1 goal in 31 games. Man, that is fucking real helpful for a team who can't score. In the mean time, Schroeder who has way better wheels and passion than Roy is sitting there going - WHAT THE FUCK? We have more to gain than to lose by dressing the likes of Schroeder instead of replacing him with a player who knows he will not play here next season. Brilliant!

In the mean time, go Sens go. A team who has faith in their own kids.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

agreed...10 million on a journeyman like Higgins shows that Gillis has no clue about running a hockey team...he only knows how to hand out overpaid contracts to players...this is what happens when you hire a players agent and not a GM...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah 2.5 million for Higgins , what a boat anchor . :roll: Kinda the going rate for 3rd line players who put up 40 points and can pk. I mean the real problem this team has can be traced back to the signing of Higgins. :stupid:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah 2.5 million for Higgins , what a boat anchor . :roll: Kinda the going rate for 3rd line players who put up 40 points and can pk. I mean the real problem this team has can be traced back to the signing of Higgins. :stupid:

Blob...he has ZERO points in the playoffs...regular season..so what...check out his age and length of contract...bad signing as he can be replaced in 10 minutes with no visible loss to the team...if i remember he was another reclamation project...
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah 2.5 million for Higgins , what a boat anchor . :roll: Kinda the going rate for 3rd line players who put up 40 points and can pk. I mean the real problem this team has can be traced back to the signing of Higgins. :stupid:
he has 4 yrs left Blob he is here Burrows and Edler are the two that get u the most return... People say Bieksa to me he is needed here WE ARE (Marshmellow Soft)especially on the back end Im not saying he is untouchable cuz who is but IMO but PEOPLE NEED to start thinkin like a GM would think... As a GM Edler gets u more in the summer Bieksa if this team is in the shitter at the deadline maybe you discuss his no move clause Bieksa is a deadline deal cuz of what he brings Edler is a Summer deal cuz of what he brings...

Trying to hold off on the post mordem
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Burrows should be in the poll.

I'm not necesarily ready to ship him out... but I don't think he's untouchable anymore.

And the Sedins are more untradeable then they are untouchable imho.
2011..... the one that got away.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Higgins at $2.5 mil is essentially making the AVERAGE salary in the NHL. Seems about right to me.

For the choices in that poll I say Bieksa.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fine! You guys were right.

:scowl:
We truly do have serious issues but I just hate to see us give up after only 2 losses.

Personally, my goats are the Sedins. These guys are our leading scorers and they aret scoring...again.
Too soft, too slow, too wimpy. These guys are getting totally dominated.

There. It's out. I hate myself now for giving up but recovering from 0-3 ain't gonna happen with so many passengers.
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

no one is un tradeable.

Send anyone and everyone to make this team better. I don't mean everyone for everyone coming back I mean 3 - 5 core guys out and 3 -5 core guys in. Who they are, don't care because there are 1,000 different options for players coming back.

Don't care if it is Kesler or Schneider or hell the Sedins, don't care, don't care, don't care.

Been a fan for 30+ years and I only want to the cup, never really cared about the players, screw them all for not giving everything to win.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Fine! You guys were right.

:scowl:
We truly do have serious issues but I just hate to see us give up after only 2 losses.

Personally, my goats are the Sedins. These guys are our leading scorers and they aret scoring...again.
Too soft, too slow, too wimpy. These guys are getting totally dominated.

There. It's out. I hate myself now for giving up but recovering from 0-3 ain't gonna happen with so many passengers.
its ok dan, there are alot of us in your boat...not enough life jackets is the problem. dont apologize for being crazy caring....just DONT..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

:) Nailed it.

But really.. Higgins? Of all the problems this team has... Higgins????
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don't know B Mac, I mean if you like having good regular seasons, presidents trophies then good guy role players like Higgins are OK. But if you want players who step it up in the real season, the playoffs, Chris Higgins can fucking go for all I care. The second time around, exactly like he did last year against the Kings, where he has completely phoned it in. I'm tired of that shit.

This Canuck roster is obviously not a team that is suited for the playoffs. Get rid of them all, Higgins included.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

paddy wrote:
he has 4 yrs left Blob he is here Burrows and Edler are the two that get u the most return... People say Bieksa to me he is needed here WE ARE (Marshmellow Soft)especially on the back end Im not saying he is untouchable cuz who is but IMO but PEOPLE NEED to start thinkin like a GM would think... As a GM Edler gets u more in the summer Bieksa if this team is in the shitter at the deadline maybe you discuss his no move clause Bieksa is a deadline deal cuz of what he brings Edler is a Summer deal cuz of what he brings...

Trying to hold off on the post mordem
When was the last time Bieksa fought or stuck up for a teammate. You highly overrate him in this category, paddy. The guy is getting old but you still might be able to get something for him. It's time for this team to start getting younger.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: When was the last time Bieksa fought or stuck up for a teammate. You highly overrate him in this category, paddy. The guy is getting old but you still might be able to get something for him. It's time for this team to start getting younger.
Didn't he go after Smid for taking a run at Kesler in that year-ending shitshow in Edmonton? So that's what, like 4 games ago? More Bieksa, not less.

With Corrado and Tanev, this team has a good balance of youth and experience on the back end.