May 5th -R1G3 Whales @ Fishies TSN & 1040 7pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: May 5th -R1G3 Whales @ Fishies TSN & 1040 7pm

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: Sedins combine for 5 pts tonight.
:thumbs:

Tonight is the night that dream comes true!
I don't know what the fuck you dream about Doc.....but if it was that shit I don't see how you can give other people shit about their dedication and belief.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Won't lie to ya folks, I left and went to watch Iron Man 3 after the 3rd goal (had plans with the wife and we were waffling on staying or going, then that 3rd goal sealed it). But what I saw in the first 2 periods was the exact same shit I've seen all year.

The Sharks put together simple plays and scored on shots that the Canucks simply can't even make. The Canucks double clutch and don't shoot when they have a look at the net. They don't shoot off the rush. They rarely send a man to the net at the right time. There are almost NEVER attackers coming at the net as a unit from both sides. They protect the puck along the wall and look for the pass up and down the boards. They don't attack from the slot, they are 100% predictable. This holds true against almost every opponent the Canucks have faced.

The PP is garbage. If the forwards and gameplan is predictable at 5-on-5, the powerplay is even more so. The play is to set up Garrison or Kesler for the one-timer. That's it. If that play isn't there the forward holding the puck has the option to tie the puck up and hope he doesn't turn it over, or dump it to the corner for a cycle around to the other side. There is no plan B for a scoring opportunity. Opponents probably laugh their asses off when the ref blows the whistle and sends the Canucks to the powerplay.

The point men, other than Garrison, are too slow at moving the puck. On defense there are missed assignments all over the place and they simply can't move the puck out under pressure. The few times they do transition quickly the forwards, more often than not, hit the blueline and slow down rather than driving the net. When they do carry in with speed they often stay outside and then button hook when they find out that they are on their own and have no support. Hansen, Kesler, and Higgins, are about the only forwards that look to take the puck to the net on the rush. Even Bieksa will take it to the net when he jumps up with the puck.....tonight at the end of the 2nd period I have no idea why he just lobbed it in on Niemi. 2 seconds left, drive the net til the horn. Even if they turn it over they don't have time to transition. Oh well.

22 minutes in penalties to the Canucks tonight. 8 to the Sharks. That says a helluvalot. What I saw through the first 40 minutes was pretty brutal. There were more than a few calls that went against us and the same play the other way was ruled OK by the officials. That in NO WAY was the reason that the Canucks lost this game, but I think that the abuse that the unpenalized Sedins have taken over the last few seasons, and the perceived biased officiating since the 2011 SCF, is starting to wear on the team's psyche. When you go into a game where you think the refs are against you it makes you feel like you are playing up hill from the opening play.

Schneider was amazing right up until that 3rd goal. A deflection and a bang-bang play on a 5-on-3 can't be held against him. In reality the body of work that he put up in the first 40 minutes was probably as threatening as the total that Niemi faced in the opening two games. He made a pile of really good toe saves as the Canucks just scrambled around in front of him.

Luongo said it best tonight. "A couple of guys are out there playing their heart out but we need everybody."

In the post-game Vigneault looked like a guy who was facing the media for one of the last times as coach of the Canucks. I think he knows he's done.

RD is right about one thing. This team needs a GM with serious balls this summer. Gillis has this off-season to make changes, if he fails to do that, then he fails completely.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i am not prepared to give MG any more chances to be the incompetent fuck of a GM he has proven to be...his track record is subpar...ship is players agents ass out of town before we become another Calgary...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Another Canuck implosion? This time to the playoff choker Sharks? Sigh.

I don't even know what the answer is. Couldn't get up for Game 3 after the Game 2 disappointment and only watched out of the corner of my eye while doing other shit. Were the last three San Jose goals really that bad on Cory? I didn't catch much of the third period.

My only real thoughts on this series keep coming to what a gutless, heartless group we must have. They could barely get up to play the two games in Vancouver, and were nowhere near desperate enough last night. They were the team with nothing to lose, and instead looked like they were playing for the regulation tie.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I predict the next few months will not be boring..lofl :evil:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It's really starting to point at coaching now. Not necessarily the strategy, but at the very least the motivational side. Yes, it's true that the players should be able to come out flying on their own, but there does come a point where the whole thing gets stale. If you don't change things up via personnel on the ice, then I think you need to inject some fresh perspective from behind the bench.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

NOW, we have these guys right where we want them!

The Sharks are all confident and stuff, we come out like gang busters and roll 4 straight.

:drink:

Go Canucks Go!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: Sedins combine for 5 pts tonight.
:thumbs:

Tonight is the night that dream comes true!
I don't know what the fuck you dream about Doc.....but if it was that shit I don't see how you can give other people shit about their dedication and belief.
The other day I jokingly referred to a dream I had about Sedins racking up 5 points between them.

As for dedication, well some fans watch every second of every playoff game their team plays.

Some fans leave mid-game to watch Iron Man 3.

Just sayin. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote:NOW, we have these guys right where we want them!

The Sharks are all confident and stuff, we come out like gang busters and roll 4 straight.

Go Canucks Go!!
Well somebody gets it!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:NOW, we have these guys right where we want them!

Go Canucks Go!!
Well somebody gets it!!! :thumbs:
lol, unfortunately that makes but two of you....helluva push though Doc, the effort neither goes unnoticed nor unappreciated.

I'll always remember, Doc never jumped.

Ever!
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: lol, unfortunately that makes but two of you....helluva push though Doc, the effort neither goes unnoticed nor unappreciated.

Ever!
Thanks Donny, it's been a long haul but I know we'll be there together one day

.... basking in the glow of the Stanley Cup in Canuckland. :rockin:

And make no mistake, it wouldn't be the same without you good buddy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: lol, unfortunately that makes but two of you....helluva push though Doc, the effort neither goes unnoticed nor unappreciated.

Ever!
Pfft, who needs more than a driver and a co-pilot on the bandwagon anyways!

It ain't ova, till it's ova.

:towel:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ah, clichés, da best eva..

my CC brethren

the end

(everything but the crying)
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:Ah, clichés, da best eva..

my CC brethren

the end

And it's all you're fault! :evil:

:D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: the end

Oh ye of little faith.

I mean what exactly in the 40+ year history of this team makes you doubt our ability to come back in this series!

:look: