GDT: R1G2 Canucks Vs. Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R1G2 Canucks Vs. Sharks 7:00 PM PST TSN

Post by Zamboni Driver »

rats19 wrote:however I almost forgot how impact-full kesler was. shit man no wonder we like this guy...injuries took him for the last 2 years
Now where are all the armchair GMs that wanted to trade Kesler in a package for a "real impact player"? :mrgreen:
RoyalDude wrote:I don't think we are giving the Sharks enough credit here, this is the best all around, team game I've seen them play in a long while.

The Sedins star is fading, was evident from where they dwindled on the scoring leader board.

Kesler was a monster for us tonight, but unfortunately it didn't bother the Sharks all that much.

Now we have to try to win in the toughest building in the NHL this year.

It amazes me that some people here still wax on that this is all AV and Edler's fault. There are bigger problems with this team than just AV and Edler.
Makes you wonder what difference it would make if we'd traded a goalie for more scoring & blueline depth...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Still waiting on Derek Roy. So far in this series he has not been the rental we had all hoped for. That being said, what do you expect from a player who only managed to score 4 goals this season.
And what do you expect from a player who, when asked about figuring out where he fits in the gameplan, gave a vague answer that indicated he had no idea how the gameplan worked other than "puck possession".....

We are seeing quite a trend of late with players coming on board via trade, call-up, and FA, where they just don't seem to fit in and can't play for AV.

Some of this is on the players. Some of this is on the coach. Some of this is on the GM for not seeing the writing on the wall.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Still waiting on Derek Roy. So far in this series he has not been the rental we had all hoped for. That being said, what do you expect from a player who only managed to score 4 goals this season.
And what do you expect from a player who, when asked about figuring out where he fits in the gameplan, gave a vague answer that indicated he had no idea how the gameplan worked other than "puck possession".....

We are seeing quite a trend of late with players coming on board via trade, call-up, and FA, where they just don't seem to fit in and can't play for AV.

Some of this is on the players. Some of this is on the coach. Some of this is on the GM for not seeing the writing on the wall.
Seriously Mëds, do you honestly think the problem to this teams woes is all AV? LOL, hell I don't like AV but he ain't the REAL problem here.

This is as comical as those here who said that Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand and Krejci would not be the same players they are today if AV was their coach. LMAO! Give it a break.

You're just frustrated and looking to put a face to the blame, a scapegoat. It's either AV, Edler or Raymond. All I'm saying is that there is a bigger problem here than just those 3. I'd start with the aging Sedins, lack of depth at forward in the goal scoring department, lack of 2nd line depth to play with Kesler. The disappointment in Kassian, not replacing Erhoff's offense, the Luongo fiasco, the Malhotra fiasco, the poor drafting and developing, lack of proper centre ice depth, yet we trade Hodgson for a minor league player to beat up Lucic? blah, blah, blah. AV is not the real problem.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Man, what an unlucky bunch our Canucks are. At the end of the day, we were extremely unlucky to not win that game last night.

Kassian generated chances from the fourth line last night FFS. No idea what some of you clowns are whining about.

How did Burrows miss that open net? How could Luongo not make the initial save on the Marleau tying goal?

Sharks got lucky in that one. Hopefully their luck runs out Sunday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Rumsfeld wrote:.
I hope Kes does a flyby past the Sharks bench when he pots his second of the evening.
Haha.

Motherfucker.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Stuck up here in a Fort McMurray oilfield camp surrounded by albortions and leaf blowers....and I'm still hanging in there! Why the fuck are so many of you ready to roll over and show your bellies already? SNAP out of it!!!!

Where's your Canuck pride for fuck sakes! All you chicken little panickers need to get back on the bus motherfuckers! We need your faith now more than ever. Kesler tore those faggotty homo shark pansies new assholes BY HIMSELF so get you asses back with the program. Enough snivelling out the excuses.

They are going to go down there and slap them around in front of their wives and fans just like we did 2 years ago with an injured Kesler. You can take that to the bank. The cavalry is coming. The pressure we started throwing on them was insane. They stole that game last night and they know it. They were bailing on the puck all over the ice. They had their stars thumped all night. Those bruises are piling up and mark my words...we will win this thing. I can feel it bitches.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld wrote:
I hope Kes does a flyby past the Sharks bench when he pots his second of the evening.
Haha.

Motherfucker.
good call rummy
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Stuck up here in a Fort McMurray oilfield camp surrounded by albortions and leaf blowers....and I'm still hanging in there! Why the fuck are so many of you ready to roll over and show your bellies already? SNAP out of it!!!!

Where's your Canuck pride for fuck sakes! All you chicken little panickers need to get back on the bus motherfuckers! We need your faith now more than ever. Kesler tore those faggotty homo shark pansies new assholes BY HIMSELF so get you asses back with the program. Enough snivelling out the excuses.

They are going to go down there and slap them around in front of their wives and fans just like we did 2 years ago with an injured Kesler. You can take that to the bank. The cavalry is coming. The pressure we started throwing on them was insane. They stole that game last night and they know it. They were bailing on the puck all over the ice. They had their stars thumped all night. Those bruises are piling up and mark my words...we will win this thing. I can feel it bitches.
u are missed
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Haha.

Motherfucker.
+1 :) The Beast is Back
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Tiger wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Haha.

Motherfucker.
+1 :) The Beast is Back
The beast is back. If the team keeps playing like last night, they will eventually win. Go Canucks!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Stuck up here in a Fort McMurray oilfield camp surrounded by albortions and leaf blowers....and I'm still hanging in there! Why the fuck are so many of you ready to roll over and show your bellies already? SNAP out of it!!!!

LOL...

It's just a ruse, the Nucks are feigning them, got them right where we want them, toss them a 2 game head start and then flip the switch! Even Eddie Felson (Paul Newman) of the Hustler would be impressed.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

herb wrote:Man, what an unlucky bunch our Canucks are. At the end of the day, we were extremely unlucky to not win that game last night.

Kassian generated chances from the fourth line last night FFS. No idea what some of you clowns are whining about.

How did Burrows miss that open net? How could Luongo not make the initial save on the Marleau tying goal?

I am conviced that a good numbers of the "fans" on this board don't actually watch the games. Kassian was fine given the garbage linemates he has been saddled with for most of the season. After he scored 5 goals in his first 8 games AV has stapled his ass to the 4th line.

Silver lining is they get knocked out is that AV will finally get the boot and Gillis will be forced to make some signifigant changes to the team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
herb wrote:Man, what an unlucky bunch our Canucks are. At the end of the day, we were extremely unlucky to not win that game last night.

I am conviced that a good numbers of the "fans" on this board don't actually watch the games. Kassian was fine given the garbage linemates he has been saddled with for most of the season. After he scored 5 goals in his first 8 games AV has stapled his ass to the 4th line.

Silver lining is they get knocked out is that AV will finally get the boot and Gillis will be forced to make some signifigant changes to the team.
The BLOBSTER! Are you at the Arms or up in 100 mile house, the Green Lake vicinity is it running a crew of cheap brown guy labour?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

ukcanuck wrote:Anyway yeah I didn't want Clowne at the deadline for that very reason. Didn't San Jose pay a second rounder for Torres which we would have screamed at golly for that price?
I think the Sharks picked up Raffi for a 3rd rounder. The Nucks should of just kept Raffi after the 2011 run and stayed away from Booth. Maybe they can right this wrong in the offseason and make Raffi a nice offer. Get him back here and get rid of Booth. Sure, he may be a pig, but he's a tazmanian devil out there wrecking havoc. I recall reading that a lot of nuck players liked having him to go to war with. :D
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Got these guys right where we want them!

Ooooooo we only lost 2 games in at home during the regular season, well here come two in a row in the playoffs!

The Sharks are a streakier team than we are, time to hit them on that down slide. It's only a matter of time.

That last game hurt, hell I'm still feeling it, we should have put it away. If we keep at it good things will come, with Kesler back and healthy anything can happen.

:thumbs: