Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote:"Down 0-2, do #Canucks continue to play Corrado? One more game and he burns first year of contract. Think we see Ballard in Game 3?"
Tough question for MG and AV.. if they think the Canucks can win this series and go deep then they stay with Corrado ( unless Tanev is available? ) otherwise throw in the towel and put in f*ng Ballard..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote:"Down 0-2, do #Canucks continue to play Corrado? One more game and he burns first year of contract. Think we see Ballard in Game 3?"
Playoffs don't count.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Tiger wrote:
Tough question for MG and AV..
Tougher question: What if Cory gets healthy?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Playoffs don't count.
I'm pretty sure they do, if MG plans for long term he might want to save a year on Corrado's contract.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If AV had the same rules for all his players I don't think Special Ed would be as bad as he is. He and stick man have never been held accountable for their horrible play or mistakes. Even a shortened bench or miss a shift, it sends the proper signal to all players that everyone is held accountable for their play.

Nope AV has his man crush and we Canuck fans are on the brink of another 5 year drought.

We have nothing coming up to replace the Sedin's regular season points and they only have 2 - 3 more productive seasons left. I don't think we should count on them in playoffs anymore, they don't seem to be able to elevate their game when it counts.

They need to trade a core D man like Edler for prospects and do a mini rebuild. These guys are worth something now or you can pull a Calgary and in 5 years we will have nothing to show except early round exits.

I said that signing Garrison was the wrong player to go after in the off season, this team needed scoring especially in the playoffs and they sign another high priced D man who was paid a lot for 1 good season. He was not the problem but he was not the fix needed for this team.

O well, it has been 40 years and me thinks they could hit 50 unless changes come.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:If AV had the same rules for all his players I don't think Special Ed would be as bad as he is. He and stick man have never been held accountable for their horrible play or mistakes. Even a shortened bench or miss a shift, it sends the proper signal to all players that everyone is held accountable for their play.

Nope AV has his man crush and we Canuck fans are on the brink of another 5 year drought.

We have nothing coming up to replace the Sedin's regular season points and they only have 2 - 3 more productive seasons left. I don't think we should count on them in playoffs anymore, they don't seem to be able to elevate their game when it counts.

They need to trade a core D man like Edler for prospects and do a mini rebuild. These guys are worth something now or you can pull a Calgary and in 5 years we will have nothing to show except early round exits.

I said that signing Garrison was the wrong player to go after in the off season, this team needed scoring especially in the playoffs and they sign another high priced D man who was paid a lot for 1 good season. He was not the problem but he was not the fix needed for this team.

O well, it has been 40 years and me thinks they could hit 50 unless changes come.
But having Garrison here allows you to shop a guy like Edler while having somebody already under contract who can replace him.

I've been saying for years that Edler was not going to turn into the player we hoped he would. Too inconsistent and seems to lack the brains to fully utilize the tools in his possession. Caved under pressure more often than not, and apart from some very good play in 2011 he has been more of a liability than a boon for this team. But you had to give him a chance as he was coming off of back surgery and whatever else. That chance has been given. He has now been the absolute goat in two straight playoff series. He has cost this team enough games now. Time to see what he can fetch in return.

Hamhuis, Bieksa, Tanev, and Garrison, are a decent top 4. You could probably find another guy of around their caliber in the off-season. Alberts is making a very strong case for a renewal for the 6th spot. Edler is expendable given the right return.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Edler hasn't been the same player since this team lost Erhoff. He was at his best when Erhoff and Salo were around. This team seriously lacks top 2 pairing defensemen. It seems like all our top 4 guys are at best very good 2nd pairing d-men.

Offer sheet Pietrangelo!!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
I like Garrison, but this team could have used that money towards a more 'special' player on Defense, I know, easier said than done, but we just have too many good 2nd pairing type d-men. Nothing horribly wrong with Garrison, but we really need a bigger presence on defense, a true no. 1 guy. Unfortunately the market is fucking bare out there and pretty much every team is looking for that guy, lucky Avalanche.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:
I'm pretty sure they do, if MG plans for long term he might want to save a year on Corrado's contract.
agreed
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Reefer2 wrote:If AV had the same rules for all his players I don't think Special Ed would be as bad as he is. He and stick man have never been held accountable for their horrible play or mistakes. Even a shortened bench or miss a shift, it sends the proper signal to all players that everyone is held accountable for their play.

you "think" we will hit 50 without a Cup...I goddamn "guarantee" we will hit 50 years without a Cup...fucking disgrace...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Playoffs don't count.
For some reason I didn't think playoff games counted. Much like preseason games.

Players aren't paid for the playoff games, the year is extended to the end of the regular season IIRC.

But if you can provide a link I would stand corrected. I can't seem to find anything on the new CBA about this.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
you "think" we will hit 50 without a Cup...I goddamn "guarantee" we will hit 50 years without a Cup...fucking disgrace...
Scary and sad at the same time, such good teams for the past 15 years and we always lacked the coaches and GM who did what was needed to win the cup. Too many coaches with egos the size of (insert BB ego here) who had their favs and played them regardless of what happened on the ice.

Sure liked the presidents cups and all that but frack that, no cup means everyting else is jack shit in my books.

Like the Sedins wining all the awards but when they were needed to most they disapeared.

Like Luongo hated his contract from day 1 and thought it was stuipd of MG to sign him to that.

We are the SJS with no show Joe and Dallas with Turco, all flash and no finish.

I do think age is catching up to me, I just don't get as excited about the team anymore, maybe too much success and no excitement, nothing new, no new players, no prospects to watch (mainly because they are not given a chance).

Kassian needs a coach to believe in him.

Was Higgins even playing yesterday? Didn't even hear his name.

Good thing I PVR The Game of Thrones.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
Kassian needs a coach to believe in him.
Kassian needs to look in the mirror. A coach can't play the bloody game for him. It all falls on his shoulders not the coaching staff.He needs to start making the most of every shift he gets. It seems like he's just out there for a skate most the time. He's played the game his whole life, he doesn't need a bloody coach to tell him how to play hockey and what's required of him. How about we start calling him out instead of drumming up lame excuse after another for him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
Was Higgins even playing yesterday? Didn't even hear his name.
I like Higgins but sometimes there isn't much of an impact to his game which is why you can hardly notice him at times. I think that's been the biggest problem for him in the NHL and why he moves around a lot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like Schneider but the difference between Luongo and Schneider is that Lou is a bit of an iron man and seems to always be healthy, or not plagued by injuries.