Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Postby Cornuck » Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Meds wrote:Hank, Dank, and Alex.....

The Three Absenteers.

I guess that Viking blood is pretty watered down.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Meds » Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Cornuck wrote:

The Three Absenteers.

Where are the Vikings now? :look:
Meds
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 am

"Down 0-2, do #Canucks continue to play Corrado? One more game and he burns first year of contract. Think we see Ballard in Game 3?"
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am

Meds wrote:
Cornuck wrote:

The Three Absenteers.

Where are the Vikings now? :look:

On the third line? :eh:

Go suck on the Leafs :evil:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Tiger » Sat May 04, 2013 12:08 am

SKYO wrote:"Down 0-2, do #Canucks continue to play Corrado? One more game and he burns first year of contract. Think we see Ballard in Game 3?"

Tough question for MG and AV.. if they think the Canucks can win this series and go deep then they stay with Corrado ( unless Tanev is available? ) otherwise throw in the towel and put in f*ng Ballard..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:11 am

SKYO wrote:"Down 0-2, do #Canucks continue to play Corrado? One more game and he burns first year of contract. Think we see Ballard in Game 3?"

Playoffs don't count.
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Cornuck » Sat May 04, 2013 12:12 am

Tiger wrote:

Tough question for MG and AV..

Tougher question: What if Cory gets healthy?
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby SKYO » Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 am

Aaronp18 wrote:

Playoffs don't count.

I'm pretty sure they do, if MG plans for long term he might want to save a year on Corrado's contract.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:23 am

If AV had the same rules for all his players I don't think Special Ed would be as bad as he is. He and stick man have never been held accountable for their horrible play or mistakes. Even a shortened bench or miss a shift, it sends the proper signal to all players that everyone is held accountable for their play.

Nope AV has his man crush and we Canuck fans are on the brink of another 5 year drought.

We have nothing coming up to replace the Sedin's regular season points and they only have 2 - 3 more productive seasons left. I don't think we should count on them in playoffs anymore, they don't seem to be able to elevate their game when it counts.

They need to trade a core D man like Edler for prospects and do a mini rebuild. These guys are worth something now or you can pull a Calgary and in 5 years we will have nothing to show except early round exits.

I said that signing Garrison was the wrong player to go after in the off season, this team needed scoring especially in the playoffs and they sign another high priced D man who was paid a lot for 1 good season. He was not the problem but he was not the fix needed for this team.

O well, it has been 40 years and me thinks they could hit 50 unless changes come.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Meds » Sat May 04, 2013 7:12 am

Reefer2 wrote:If AV had the same rules for all his players I don't think Special Ed would be as bad as he is. He and stick man have never been held accountable for their horrible play or mistakes. Even a shortened bench or miss a shift, it sends the proper signal to all players that everyone is held accountable for their play.

Nope AV has his man crush and we Canuck fans are on the brink of another 5 year drought.

We have nothing coming up to replace the Sedin's regular season points and they only have 2 - 3 more productive seasons left. I don't think we should count on them in playoffs anymore, they don't seem to be able to elevate their game when it counts.

They need to trade a core D man like Edler for prospects and do a mini rebuild. These guys are worth something now or you can pull a Calgary and in 5 years we will have nothing to show except early round exits.

I said that signing Garrison was the wrong player to go after in the off season, this team needed scoring especially in the playoffs and they sign another high priced D man who was paid a lot for 1 good season. He was not the problem but he was not the fix needed for this team.

O well, it has been 40 years and me thinks they could hit 50 unless changes come.

But having Garrison here allows you to shop a guy like Edler while having somebody already under contract who can replace him.

I've been saying for years that Edler was not going to turn into the player we hoped he would. Too inconsistent and seems to lack the brains to fully utilize the tools in his possession. Caved under pressure more often than not, and apart from some very good play in 2011 he has been more of a liability than a boon for this team. But you had to give him a chance as he was coming off of back surgery and whatever else. That chance has been given. He has now been the absolute goat in two straight playoff series. He has cost this team enough games now. Time to see what he can fetch in return.

Hamhuis, Bieksa, Tanev, and Garrison, are a decent top 4. You could probably find another guy of around their caliber in the off-season. Alberts is making a very strong case for a renewal for the 6th spot. Edler is expendable given the right return.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 am

Edler hasn't been the same player since this team lost Erhoff. He was at his best when Erhoff and Salo were around. This team seriously lacks top 2 pairing defensemen. It seems like all our top 4 guys are at best very good 2nd pairing d-men.

Offer sheet Pietrangelo!!!!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat May 04, 2013 8:06 am

Reefer2 wrote:

I like Garrison, but this team could have used that money towards a more 'special' player on Defense, I know, easier said than done, but we just have too many good 2nd pairing type d-men. Nothing horribly wrong with Garrison, but we really need a bigger presence on defense, a true no. 1 guy. Unfortunately the market is fucking bare out there and pretty much every team is looking for that guy, lucky Avalanche.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat May 04, 2013 8:07 am

SKYO wrote:
I'm pretty sure they do, if MG plans for long term he might want to save a year on Corrado's contract.

agreed
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sat May 04, 2013 8:13 am

Reefer2 wrote:If AV had the same rules for all his players I don't think Special Ed would be as bad as he is. He and stick man have never been held accountable for their horrible play or mistakes. Even a shortened bench or miss a shift, it sends the proper signal to all players that everyone is held accountable for their play.

you "think" we will hit 50 without a Cup...I goddamn "guarantee" we will hit 50 years without a Cup...fucking disgrace...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Aaronp18 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:18 am

SKYO wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

Playoffs don't count.

For some reason I didn't think playoff games counted. Much like preseason games.

Players aren't paid for the playoff games, the year is extended to the end of the regular season IIRC.

But if you can provide a link I would stand corrected. I can't seem to find anything on the new CBA about this.
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat