Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

darren
CC Veteran

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by darren »

Hockey Widow wrote: Again no consistency from the league.
Shocking.

Disagree with some of the comments about the Rome hit on Horton though. That was, in fact, a late hit. The puck was gone. Not clean, then or now.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

darren wrote:
Shocking.

Disagree with some of the comments about the Rome hit on Horton though. That was, in fact, a late hit. The puck was gone. Not clean, then or now.
Is there a statute of limitations on trying to start an argument on a 3 year old hockey play??
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Moore should have gotten a penalty and a suspension.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Moore should have gotten a penalty and a suspension.
Fine!!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

ukcanuck wrote: Is there a statute of limitations on trying to start an argument on a 3 year old hockey play??
Speaking of ancient hits, they just showed a clip of the McLaren hit on Zednik back in 2002. (I remember that one for some reason). McLaren just got his elbow up and drove it right through Zednik's head, not even a pretense of "lead with the shoulder".... a three game suspension back then, would be about a 50 game suspension now! How the game has changed (for the better, I think).
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Holy crap...what is it about Fleury that he likes to put pucks into his own net?

Puck bounces off the back board and he somehow puts it in his own net. 4-3 Isles with 7 left in the third. Pens have been shit this game. I think if Fleury shits the bed this playoff year he's done as a Penguin.

Early on this playoff season there sure is already more than a handful of brutal goals.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Woot! Islanders win.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If we can eve it up tonight our fist game loss won't hurt so much seeing what The Islanders have done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Drive For Five
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Islanders were the hottest team heading into the playoffs. I don't think they will just roll over and die. Tavares is on his way to becoming one the games best young leaders. He's a top 5 superstar of the league and has that Messier in his prime leadership qualities with this group.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

ukcanuck wrote:
darren wrote:
Shocking.

Is there a statute of limitations on trying to start an argument on a 3 year old hockey play??

Quinn should have been suspended
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:It was interesting that the replay they showed the most was the one where it looked like the principle point of contact was the head. The reverse angle to me shows he got him in the chest first and then the shoulder hit the head. I still say clean hit.

Ference gets one game for a Brown type elbow. Why not at least 2 like Brown got.

Again no consistency from the league.

Hope Eller is Ok though. He has a nasty injury.
Interesting to compare the detail of Shanny the media whore's review of the Ellar hit with the detail and supposition he went into with the Hansen/Hossa hit.

The respect Shanahan gained as a player is quickly slipping away.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Well, well. The much-hated Toronto Maple leaves win a playoff game, in Boston, and score a whopping four goals to boot! Since I am fortunately missing the gene all British Columbians seem to be born with which compels them to dedicate their lives to hating everything from Toronto, I have absolutely no problem cheering for them against Boston. I think it's a pretty safe bet they'll be playing longer than Vancouver this year.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

You Darren, can kindly go fuck your hat!
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

darren wrote:Well, well. The much-hated Toronto Maple leaves win a playoff game, in Boston, and score a whopping four goals to boot! Since I am fortunately missing the gene all British Columbians seem to be born with which compels them to dedicate their lives to hating everything from Toronto, I have absolutely no problem cheering for them against Boston. I think it's a pretty safe bet they'll be playing longer than Vancouver this year.
I 2nd that notion and could not agree more...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...