Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this year

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this yea

Post by ukcanuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Okay Todd now your just being silly, you don't really expect to bet against your own team and not get slapped for it do you?

But that aside,

No credibility? Seriously?
lets start with the handles, doc picks arguably the greatest movie ever made and a character by one of the comedic geniuses of the century if not ever...

You pick a disgraced hockey player with a criminal record (not that I don't have a soft spot for big Bert)

Doc needs no explanation nor any reference he is a total asshole

You on the other hand...well you bet against your own team.

Well, I haven't watched very many movies from that time, so I wouldn't know.

As for the handle, I have had it before Bert was a even a star and way before the whole incident.
Doc needs no explanation nor any reference he is a total asshole
I would agree to that. But, what about etiquette? Just because your anonymous on the internet, it allows u to be a jerk and finger ppl for nothing? I'll be the first to admit that I like acting like a tard sometimes online as well, but I still make it a point to treat others with respect and dignity.

So what would u do if a guy gives u the finger? Maybe u don't care and would just leave. I decided to play along, have a lil fun with it and see what he'd do. The way I saw it, I'd be totally happy to be down $50 for a good cause and see boyz bring the cup to Vancity. To me it was a win-win. I did what I had to do. :)

Anyways, game time. Go Canucks Go! :D
What would I do? I guess you didn't bother coming around here during the lockout. I took a beating on a regular basis for my stand on the issues. I got a tune up from doc, made toppers list, argued tooth and nail with coco, Mëds, potato, tantalum...

It got nasty at times but meh, you learn, you don't take it personal, you forgive and forget and you move on.

Maybe try to find something funny to laugh at ...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

ukcanuck wrote:What would I do? I guess you didn't bother coming around here during the lockout. I took a beating on a regular basis for my stand on the issues. I got a tune up from doc, made toppers list, argued tooth and nail with coco, Mëds, potato, tantalum...

It got nasty at times but meh, you learn, you don't take it personal, you forgive and forget and you move on.

Maybe try to find something funny to laugh at ...

Yeah, I wasn't around much during the lockout, so I wouldn't know. No hockey, no point.

I'm glad u felt u learned some things him, but I am my own man. I know I may be a lil stubborn, but I see things the way I see things and that's just the way it is. I know I am human and I do have my biases, but I do like looking at things through different perspectives. I had some great dialogues with other posters like Fan on the Gillis/AV thread. I thought it was a great chat and I enjoyed reading his thoughts, it was done in a respectful way and in the end we didn't agree and that was cool. If ppl want to challenge my thoughts and does it in a respectful way, I'm all for it. If a guy wants to challenge my thoughts and goes about it by being in arse, sorry I have no time for him. In my opinion, we're all equal and we can share our opinions. We may disagree or think another idea is dumb, if so, bring it up respectfully or just ignore it and go on to something else. If you're going to take a shot at someone, especially with a guy named after Bert, expect a shot back. :lol: We're just boyz being boyz and having a bit a fun. :D

And yeah, I take nothing personal here. We're just talking about hockey. It's not like we're talking about solutions for world peace or ways to save mother earth or something. That's why I put out the friendly wager for charity, just having fun by throwing the ball back in his court wondering if he'll take it. :)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

HEY TODD:[mod edit: let's all relax a little, ok - we've got a long playoffs ahead of us]
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^^^ got it, no more fingers for Todd! :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I take nothing personal here.

Whatever good buddy, we'll make a fan out of you yet! :thumbs:

However, only an Act of God would ever make you an odds-maker I'm afraid. :stupid:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I get the title/theme of the thread... but is it really a crime to have doubts about the team this year?
NO, I don't think you DO get the title/theme of the thread.

YES, it IS a crime to have doubts about the team this year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:^^^ got it, no more fingers for Todd! :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I take nothing personal here.

Whatever good buddy, we'll make a fan out of you yet! :thumbs:

However, only an Act of God would ever make you an odds-maker I'm afraid. :stupid:

Wow, that's it? I was expecting round 2 and that u might want more fun. *hehe* OK, let's drop this for Cornuck. I'll make it a point not to reply to your threads anymore.

I will be happy if your prediction comes true. Make me a believer Reverend Love. Excorcise my demons of doubt so that I may have unquestioning faith to believe your prophecy of a Stanley Cup win for the Canucks this year. Maybe, I shalt get something, so I shall get into a "drug induced fantasy" (burke 3:16) and see Luongo play like Saint Patrick Roy, Kesler play like Martyr Stephen Yzerman and Hank play like Father Joseph Sakic, so that they may lead this team to the promised land and bring the holy grail to our beloved city once and forever all. :D

Shalom. Peace man. :twisted:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

unfight :rockin: unfight 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I will be happy if your prediction comes true. Make me a believer Reverend Love. Excorcise my demons of doubt so that I may have unquestioning faith to believe your prophecy of a Stanley Cup win for the Canucks this year. Maybe, I shalt get something, so I shall get into a "drug induced fantasy" (burke 3:16) and see Luongo play like Saint Patrick Roy, Kesler play like Martyr Stephen Yzerman and Hank play like Father Joseph Sakic, so that they may lead this team to the promised land and bring the holy grail to our beloved city once and forever all. :D

Shalom. Peace man. :twisted:
Much better Todd!

You're posting BELOW the quotes and using proper grammar sans the silly adolescent abbreviations.

And HEY you actually put some thought in this post and were genuinely funny for a change!

More importantly Todd, you're finally starting to sound like a real fan.

Now say it with me: Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this year.

MUCH better to be a disciple of Strangelove rather than Royaldude amirite? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Only if u can successfully excorcise the demon.

*ooops, it reared its ugly head again* :D

And I'm not one to abandon my brethren.

No offence man, but....

Bro > False Prophet

Royaldude > Stranglove :twisted:

Strangelove wrote:
Much better Todd!

You're posting BELOW the quotes and using proper grammar sans the silly adolescent abbreviations.

And HEY you actually put some thought in this post and were genuinely funny for a change!

More importantly Todd, you're finally starting to sound like a real fan.

Now say it with me: Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this year.

MUCH better to be a disciple of Strangelove rather than Royaldude amirite? :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOFL Todd, why have I never seen this side of you before?? :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

*screech* *scream*

"U shall not have him Strangelove, Bersnoozi is OURS!!!!" -Doubt

Bersnoozi wakes up a bit

"??? Where am I? Shit, we're down 1-0 to the stinkin Sharks? Strangelove actually said something nice? What the fuck is going on here!?!?" - Bersnoozi :D

Strangelove wrote:LOFL Todd, why have I never seen this side of you before?? :thumbs:
U win some and lose some. Some ideas are good and some not so good. I'm sure even Russell Peters has some crap jokes. Not like we get paid for this shit, so most of the time we just write whatever comes to our minds and don't spend a lot of time developing it.

Anyways, laters man. Cheers. :)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Holy shit! I leave for a movie and come back a few hours later and you're all singing Kumbaya! :drunk:

Kudos to both you (or am I just a great fuckin' mod?)

If you two can get along, it just might be enough playoff magic to make this thread title come true!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cornuck wrote:Holy shit! I leave for a movie and come back a few hours later and you're all singing Kumbaya! :drunk:

Kudos to both you (or am I just a great fuckin' mod?)

If you two can get along, it just might be enough playoff magic to make this thread title come true!

Good Job Cornuck, but once you're not looking, we'll take shots @ other again. *LOL* *joke*

So what'd u go see? The Excorcist? :D
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Change 'this' to 'next'. :look:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:Change 'this' to 'next'. :look:
or "one" :drink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….