Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by Arachnid »

Total domination, big bad tough Laughs with their hot goalie (who had a few stinkers lately) were suppose to beat down the Bears...I like what they said of the game, Boston forgot about their shit season and got to work, hopefully the Canucks do this too tonight....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

At least Iggy will win the mug this year.... the Canucks not.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tiger wrote:
Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote: We need to love Boston
:shock:

Does... Not... Compute...

Right Per... best case scenario.. Toronto flukes enough games to win the East..
Canucks win the west ..
Canucks beat the shite out of the leaves on national TV.. Win the Stanley in 5
Burrows named MVP and Cherry goes ballistic :)
NO

The Leaves must be squashed as quickly as possible.

GO BRUINS GO!!! (but just for one round)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: As much as I hate Boston I really am cheering for them to win. Not just win but dominate and blow the leaves out in every single game.
I love you.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"Ottawa's Gryba gets ejected after what looks like a big headshot on Eller, bleeding wildly, and taken off on stretcher"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Suicide pass from Diaz to a guy being lined up by 6'5" Gryba. I've slowed it down a few times and its hard to tell where the principle point of contact is. Eller lands face first on the ice so I'm not sure if that broke his nose or the contact, but he was leaking pretty good.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:"Ottawa's Gryba gets ejected after what looks like a big headshot on Eller, bleeding wildly, and taken off on stretcher"

Seemed like glancing shoulder to head contact, but then his face seemed to bounce off the ice.

Doesn't seem like very long ago it would be considered a clean hit.

But now?

Well let's see how badly injured Eller is and make the call based on that.

For THINKER's sake, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ELLER!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I blame PK Subban. He fits the description.

Pretty flagrant attempt By Eller to milk the good citizens of Montreal out of their hard-earned money by abusing the health care system. A trip to the hospital for a love tap like that?

He's probably an alcoholic as well.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:I blame PK Subban. He fits the description.

Pretty flagrant attempt By Eller to milk the good citizens of Montreal out of their hard-earned money by abusing the health care system. A trip to the hospital for a love tap like that?

He's probably an alcoholic as well.
How does that go, fap fap fap?

Awesome
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: I blame PK Subban. He fits the description.

Rumsfeld wrote: Pretty flagrant attempt By Eller to milk the good citizens of Montreal out of their hard-earned money by abusing the health care system. A trip to the hospital for a love tap like that?
Yeah, Mark Recchi is saying Eller embellished it in an effort to get Gryba suspended.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

There are passes you do not make. There are passes you do not accept.

Reminds me of the Mitchell hit Toews.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

It's interesting watching the Caps-Rangers series, for the US media loves Lundquvist, but what they're always afraid to point out is he never raises his game in the playoffs. I see previews saying he can steal a series, but he never has. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back after a weak Game 1.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I was watching the OTT-MON game last night and saw the hit. Looks like Gryba caught Eller right below the chin but the shoulder rode right up and smacked his face good. I don't doubt that Eller was unconscious before his face smacked the ice. It was a truly 'Holy Shit' hit and the blood pooling on the ice in front of the Habs fans didn't help, but this one's clean IMHO.

Diaz owes Eller big-time for that pass. The bigger question is, what are the Habs going to do about it? Subban was mouthing pretty good and they do have guys like Prust and Bourque but we'll see how they react.
:stupid:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Boston Canucker wrote:It's interesting watching the Caps-Rangers series, for the US media loves Lundquvist, but what they're always afraid to point out is he never raises his game in the playoffs. I see previews saying he can steal a series, but he never has. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back after a weak Game 1.
Quite true. Never shown a series stealing ability. Even Luongo while obviously having some playoff struggles has shown a consistent ability to steal games throughout his playoff career.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

tantalum wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:It's interesting watching the Caps-Rangers series, for the US media loves Lundquvist, but what they're always afraid to point out is he never raises his game in the playoffs. I see previews saying he can steal a series, but he never has. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back after a weak Game 1.
Quite true. Never shown a series stealing ability. Even Luongo while obviously having some playoff struggles has shown a consistent ability to steal games throughout his playoff career.
Yes, last summer I had a Ranger fan mock Luongo, to which I responded that he's done better, gone farther, in the playoffs than King Henrik. It was like I'd just blasphemed, the guy was apoplectic, could not believe anyone would dare critique the King, especially to Luongo.