GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host fish - 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host fish - 7:30

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote:Peasant!

Exactly!

Thankfully I'm still in my 20's, so my high earning years are hopefully still ahead of me!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Wonder what going through da gawdfaddeh's mind in the owner's box.

For that matter I wonder if lurks any sites like this, he sure can't be happy with the apathy on the ice, off the ice or in cyber space -_-
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:
vic wrote:
The two coaches you mentioned have cup rings.
Understood vicster, but this isn't a phenomenon. Most head coaches do not run the special teams, it's a job usually held by the assistance. Your case building against AV on this is as weak.
Ok, how about this - the way the special teams have played all year has been crap, yet there hasn't been any changes made by the head coach of the team. He hasn't stepped in to fix the problem instead he's stood there on the bench watching everything fail.

SB and MK may have used the same style of coaching, but both were successful at it within the first few year of coaching. AV's had the job for 7 years now and can't get it done. The only way the Canucks win this series and hopefully a Stanley Cup is because of goaltending. They are playing at around a goal a game in the playoffs since the Stanley Cup Final appearance, which means the goaltender needs a shutout on most nights otherwise the team can't win.

AV doesn't coach the goalies either, so why is he still here? To talk to the media?
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I've been one of the most fanatical supporters of this hockey team over many, many years and my apathy this year is like nothing before.

Yes, I bought tickets for yesterday and don't even feel anger over the waste of money. There's just a dullness to all this. Maybe it's my age or just being worn down by the realization that the best shot was 2011 and we didn't get it done. I'm wondering if it will be another 19 years before we ever get anywhere again and, seriously, will I be gone before a Cup is ever hoisted here? My mum died early. Crap.

I hope the Canucks prove me wrong. I hope I have to shelve the Depends. Correction - I hope I care enough to even need the Depends. Unfortunately, I've been bone dry.

Haven't even put on the car flags. Sad.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

cjc wrote:I've been one of the most fanatical supporters of this hockey team over many, many years and my apathy this year is like nothing before.

Yes, I bought tickets for yesterday and don't even feel anger over the waste of money. There's just a dullness to all this. Maybe it's my age or just being worn down by the realization that the best shot was 2011 and we didn't get it done. I'm wondering if it will be another 19 years before we ever get anywhere again and, seriously, will I be gone before a Cup is ever hoisted here? My mum died early. Crap.

I hope the Canucks prove me wrong. I hope I have to shelve the Depends. Correction - I hope I care enough to even need the Depends. Unfortunately, I've been bone dry.

Haven't even put on the car flags. Sad.
Those car flags are so gay anyway
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

ukcanuck wrote:Those car flags are so gay anyway
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

ukcanuck wrote: Those car flags are so gay anyway
I think lever has half a dozen or so on his minivan
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

KeyserSoze wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Those car flags are so gay anyway
I think lever has half a dozen or so on his minivan
OK a minivan is so gay, not the flags so much, well a little. It's OK though! A Doctor told me that's its OK if it's an alternative reality :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I've obviously been living in an alternative reality all these years, car flags on, believing "this is the year." Have I hit the wall?

I'm so jaded I've become stone and it's only game 1.

Luo in next game. Schneids silent and hidden away. Sedins with tiny weights around their toes. AV giggling.

I think the sky is falling people. GET THE DEPENDS. Is that a ledge I see before me?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

cjc wrote:I've obviously been living in an alternative reality all these years, car flags on, believing "this is the year." Have I hit the wall?

Luo in next game. Schneids silent and hidden away. Sedins with tiny weights around their toes. AV giggling.

I think the sky is falling people. GET THE DEPENDS. Is that a ledge I see before me?
CJC..its a phenomenon being a canucks fan...kind of like being Job of the bible ...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

CJC...might not be a ledge, but rather a ledge belly :)

(disclaimer...an attempt at humor to lighten things up when most people seem down, my apologies if my comment offended anyone)
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I flunked catechism. Will go look up Job. Can't remember his story but obviously to do with barren and souless futility. Sister Rosemary went in one ear and out the other.

Maybe I'm paying the price now. The Baby Jesus hates me.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

From Google......ledge belly

a belly which may or may not be inhabited by small mexicans. usually caused by consumption of large amounts of beer with jeans tied up too tight.

"Perrero, that is a nasty fucking ledge belly."

OMG. It wasn't from the pregnancies?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

cjc wrote:I've obviously been living in an alternative reality all these years, car flags on, believing "this is the year." Have I hit the wall?

50 shades of leaves :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I sure hope Ebbett gets even more key offensive-zone shifts tomorrow.

Daniel Sedin doesn't even look like a second line forward any more. It's pretty amazing how quickly Sedin/Sedin/Burrows have gone from the best first line in the league to one of the worst.

Yeah, one of the worst. They are awful defensively, can't skate, have zero grit and they barely score.

Looking for something, anything, from Kassian tomorrow. Yeah he's young, but these are the kind of games where he should be making things miserable for our opponents.

Canucks have scored 16 goals in their last 14 playoff games and haven't won at home since game 5 against Boston. Jesus Christ.

Yes, if this post sounds really negative that's because it is.

I'll be fired up again tomorrow and full of faith, not to worry. :)
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society