Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Postby wafflecombine » Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 am

RoyalDude wrote:Au contraire my friend, I've just don't share the same blissful ignorance with this group that you do, If you want me to get out the Pom poms like Arachnid, well that just ain't gonna happen.

That being said, it's a new season now and anything can happen. However, what concerns me more is not so much the Canucks but how good and fast the Sharks looked last night. They are miles faster without Murray, Clowe and Handzus in the lineup. Speed kills

Don't require any pom-poms or unreasoned clearleading. I simply find the tone of your posts excessively negative and you are always in the fray when something goes wrong and almost never when things go right; and when you are, you still have a complaint against something. You remind me of a farmer who can always find something wrong with the weather.

Now having said this, I do agree with your assessment that a faster Sharks team is a dangerous Sharks team. We got out worked at key times. If we want to win the next game, that needs to change.

cheer up chief, eventually the porridge will be the right temperature even for you :)
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Larry Goodenough » Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Botchford says Kesler admitted to having the flu and throwing up yesterday morning.

Schneider has a groin strain and the team has essentially admitted it. He pointed it out when it happened against Chicago in a video link.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Boston Canucker » Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 pm

So, Luongo starts Game 2. If we go down 2-0 at home and Schneids starts game 3 in California can we just call this Canuck show groundhog day and be done with it.

I like Lui, but one of my hopes, my optimism, about the playoffs was seeing how Schneids would do ,whether he could carry the team, and how far...but now, here we go again.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby herb » Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 pm

RoyalDude wrote:We are 2 and 9 in our last 11 playoff games and just a measly 13 goals for in those 11 games. This problem isn't new, something Gillis refuses to address.

Refuses to address? I’m not sure I agree with that.

Gillis has recently brought in 30 goal scorer David Booth, 16 goal scorer defenceman Jason Garrison and perennial 60+ point guy Derek Roy. He also brought in Chris Higgins, who was an upgrade on the 3rd line at the time. Sure, the results are mixed at this early juncture of these playoffs in terms of some of the players added, but certainly attempts have been made. As you point out, there is a trend going back the last several playoff games where the offense has dried up, but this isn’t a case of Brian Burke refusing to upgrade in goal and instead leaving us with Dan the Man.

The mystery I’m trying to solve is why has the offensive production of the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler and to a lesser extent Raymond dropped so much?

Where oh where has our offense gone? Where oh where can it be?
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Well I'm happy AV is coming around and putting Roy with Higgins and Kesler, now all he needs to do is put in Schroeder so he can be with Ray and Hansen, that line was awesome.
SKYO
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Thu May 02, 2013 2:29 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
herb wrote:Where is the scoring? This team is largely the same as 2010 and 2011

We are 2 and 9 in our last 11 playoff games and just a measly 13 goals for in those 11 games. This problem isn't new, something Gillis refuses to address.

I know right!

He should have given Vigneault the axe after the LA series.
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby 5thhorseman » Thu May 02, 2013 2:30 pm

SKYO wrote:Well I'm happy AV is coming around and putting Roy with Higgins and Kesler, now all he needs to do is put in Schroeder so he can be with Ray and Hansen, that line was awesome.

Second that. The only thing wrong with that line is that if it's successful, then we may end up keeping Raymond next year ;)
5thhorseman
CC Veteran

Postby SKYO » Thu May 02, 2013 2:56 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
SKYO wrote:Well I'm happy AV is coming around and putting Roy with Higgins and Kesler, now all he needs to do is put in Schroeder so he can be with Ray and Hansen, that line was awesome.

Second that. The only thing wrong with that line is that if it's successful, then we may end up keeping Raymond next year

lol luckily Canucks cap can't afford it.

Brendan Gaunce called up just for insurance? or will he get some 3rd/4th line center minutes?
SKYO
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Until last night I was in the camp that said split Kesler and Roy and have three good lines rolling. Well, that didn't happen and it is clear we need the scoring threat Kesler and Roy combined can bring. Call me stupid but didn't Raymond JS and Hansen form a decent line this year? Isn't that when Raymond was playing his best and often looked dangerous?

Ya get JS back in if he is healthy. Enough of Ebbett.

No way we get to use injuries or illness this year. Hog shit I say just hog shit.

I'd say game two is our first real must win this season.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Until last night I was in the camp that said split Kesler and Roy and have three good lines rolling. Well, that didn't happen and it is clear we need the scoring threat Kesler and Roy combined can bring. Call me stupid but didn't Raymond JS and Hansen form a decent line this year? Isn't that when Raymond was playing his best and often looked dangerous?

No way we get to use injuries or illness this year. Hog shit I say just hog shit.

I'd say game two is our first real must win this season.

Just replace Ebbett with Pinizzotto or Sestito, at the very least, they can hit. Ebbett does not bring enough offense to take up one of the 4th line spots.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby herb » Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Call me stupid but didn't Raymond JS and Hansen form a decent line this year? Isn't that when Raymond was playing his best and often looked dangerous?

You're not stupid.

AV on the other hand...

"New look" lines today were:
Dank-Hank-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Ebbett-Kassian

I hope it works, but I don't get it. Lineup decisions have been odd for years now, so I'm not surprised, but I just don't get it.

We have had bad centre depth all year. Sharks are very deep at centre, so let's put two centres on one line?? Kesler is a Selke trophy winning centre and the straw that stirs our proverbial drink...so we'll move him to wing where he has barely played? Sedins and Burrows haven't worked all year, so yeah, let's keep that line together. Kassian was one of our most effective players in Game 1, give him less minutes. Ebbett has been useless all year, so keep playing him. Lapierre hasn't been effective in a third line role in nearly two years...so we'll keep trying.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Well, we're good and hooped if we lose tomorrow. Sharks are the best home team in the league.

Will the Sedins be playing tomorrow? I didn't notice them last night. Then again I was blackout drunk by the third period.

Kesler may have been the one with diarhhea but the twins were the shittiest players on the ice.

Oh well it's just a hockey game, right guys?

Right? :?
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu May 02, 2013 5:00 pm

I just came up with an awesome and revolutionary strategy for the twins tomorrow night. It consists of actually SHOOTING the fucking puck!

I know it sounds crazy and it's way outside the box, but I say they give it a try.
Registered mammyrammer
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Thu May 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:I just came up with an awesome and revolutionary strategy for the twins tomorrow night. It consists of actually SHOOTING the fucking puck!

I know it sounds crazy and it's way outside the box, but I say they give it a try.

Right Rummy, let's get em to drop the gloves while we're at it. :roll:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Thu May 02, 2013 5:09 pm

herb wrote:
You're not stupid.

AV on the other hand...

"New look" lines today were:
Dank-Hank-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Ebbett-Kassian

I hope it works, but I don't get it. Lineup decisions have been odd for years now, so I'm not surprised, but I just don't get it.

We have had bad centre depth all year. Sharks are very deep at centre, so let's put two centres on one line?? Kesler is a Selke trophy winning centre and the straw that stirs our proverbial drink...so we'll move him to wing where he has barely played? Sedins and Burrows haven't worked all year, so yeah, let's keep that line together. Kassian was one of our most effective players in Game 1, give him less minutes. Ebbett has been useless all year, so keep playing him. Lapierre hasn't been effective in a third line role in nearly two years...so we'll keep trying.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Maddening ain't it?

If I didn't know for a fact Canucks are going to win the Cup, twould drive me mad as well.

Ahhhh sanity, sweet sweet sanity.....

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat