Mike Keane

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Call up Mike Keane?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:39 am

Yes
18%
NO
82%

Total votes: 11

clearwatercanuck
MVP
MVP

Mike Keane

Post by clearwatercanuck »

Lets put last night behind us now. Sorry for the harsh words last night but I was upset.
I think we all know some days are just crappy, things just work against you. Other days are Brilliant......
Anyhow, Vancouver will come out strong in the game on Friday, with Cloutier in net it would be more of a rematch.
If I were Crawford I’d call up Keane and send down Goren.... but I'm not!

Cheers
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

I think that is the Canucks come out flat again on Friday then Crawford will likely make some changes. I can't see him sending Goren down when he didn't even have an opportunity to play last night as Crow went with 7 D instead of including Goren in the line-up. My concern right now would be the play of McCarthy and Bertuzzi more than anybody else. Obviously we can't do anything about Bert but surely Crow will look at an alternative should McCarthy not improve his play dramatically.

The guy I feel sorry for right now is Bouck. This kid worked so hard to make the team and was in the best shape of his life (apparantly in better shape than the rest of the team according to testing) and he pulls a groin. How frustrated must he be?
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

I doubt we ever see Keane in the bigs again. I always liked him but his time has passed. Hopefully some of his character and knowledge rubs off on some of the guys in Manitoba and that is how he can best help the team now.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Since he has no contract with Vancouver we can't call him up anyway. Lets not hit the panic button yet guys, if Minnesota beats us 2 in a row like that I'd be worried.
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

Since he has no contract with Vancouver we can't call him up anyway. Lets not hit the panic button yet guys, if Minnesota beats us 2 in a row like that I'd be worried.
My thoughts exactly. Keane will make a good coach to the young players in Manitoba and build some character. Like Doig, his contract is with the Moose and not the Canucks. If the Canucks look awful again on Friday night then we may see some changes.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I believe that we have until Christmas (or aaround there) to put Doig and Keane on two way contracts. They would have to clear waivers on the way UP and Down before we could play them though....

I am not 100% sure of that last statement but I am pretty sure thats how it works.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Re: Mike Keane

Post by Brian CC »

clearwatercanuck wrote:Lets put last night behind us now. Sorry for the harsh words last night but I was upset.
I think we all know some days are just crappy, things just work against you. Other days are Brilliant......
Anyhow, Vancouver will come out strong in the game on Friday, with Cloutier in net it would be more of a rematch.
If I were Crawford I’d call up Keane and send down Goren.... but I'm not!

Cheers
In my many years on hockey boards, I have learned one thing. Take 24 hours before you post if your pissed at a result. Why? You usually end up saying something you wish you didn't :).

It's a long season and every team blows a tire like the Canucks did last night. Now, if the same result happens tomorrow, the 24 hour rule is null and void. 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: Mike Keane

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Brian CC wrote:It's a long season and every team blows a tire like the Canucks did last night. Now, if the same result happens tomorrow, the 24 hour rule is null and void. 8-)
I'll take you for granted. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

If the Canucks do sign Keane, the time to bring him up would be towards the end of the season in time for the playoffs. He's a great influence on the kids on the Moose for the regular season, and would be a welcome addition for the Canucks in the post season with his playoff experience.
it's just a game...dammit!