Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Goota love what Quick just did. :mrgreen: Such a cocky guy on a cocky play and he gets burnt. Happy for the Blues.
A Cloutier moment for sure :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Goota love what Quick just did. :mrgreen: Such a cocky guy on a cocky play and he gets burnt. Happy for the Blues.
A Cloutier moment for sure :lol:

Cloutier, Luongo to name a few
The only HW the Canucks need
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Hockey Widow wrote:Could it get any worse for Minny. Backstrom gets injured during the warm up and cannot start. Josh Harding in net with a rookie back up. I am actually beginning to feel sorry for the Wild.
I wish the Wild had missed, as CBJ would have been a far more worthy opponent for the Hawks. From what I saw, the Wild were lucky to get that to OT, and I think that was as close as they'll get to winning a game. Ryan Suter with 41 minutes of ice time!!!! :shock:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

St. Louis DOMINATED the Kings. I was surprised to see so few goals. It's like the only team that the Blues can light up is the Canucks. :P

LA had absolutely no answer for the Blues fourth line. It was just punishing. At one point they panned onto the LA bench at the coaches and trainers and it was like all of them were absolutely refusing to even glance in Sutter's direction. LMAO!

Quick was good, made some big stops, but I felt that he could have been beat more often if St. Louis had managed to lift a few pucks. The PP goal was nice. Perfect execution by the Blues against a team that plays defense and PK's the way the Kings do. Quick puck movement that wore down the Kings forwards up high as they scrambled back and forth trying to pressure the point and half boards. When the shot went to the net there were three Blues forwards attacking the crease. One down the middle, and one from either wing. It's the only way to beat the Kings PK.

I just can't get over the 4th line tonight though. Absolutely gorgeous game. They hit everything that moved. Every time the Kings seemed ready to gain some momentum as the Blues forwards started to lose a bit of energy Hitch rolled that 4th line over the boards and they totally sparked the entire team and kept the crowd in it all night with those big hits.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

darren wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Could it get any worse for Minny. Backstrom gets injured during the warm up and cannot start. Josh Harding in net with a rookie back up. I am actually beginning to feel sorry for the Wild.
I wish the Wild had missed, as CBJ would have been a far more worthy opponent for the Hawks. From what I saw, the Wild were lucky to get that to OT, and I think that was as close as they'll get to winning a game. Ryan Suter with 41 minutes of ice time!!!! :shock:
From what I saw I echo your thoughts. Harding was just awesome tonight. The Wild were brutal. They seemed to be just going through the motions and looked like they had no real spark or energy.

Granted, I think any game would appear a bit on the drab side of things when switching to it after watching the first period of St. Louis vs LA.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Playoff Hockey.. and none of the 3 games was a walk .. 2 in OT.. Even wild made ChiTown work hard ..Detroit /Anaheim game was close.. A lot of hitting and high intensity play .. Good to watch and I am hoping all 3 keep playing at the same tempo.. Should be a few injuries and a lot of tired players going into round 2..
All good news for the canucks..Now all we got to do is beat SJ :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Assuming we beat SJS and Chicago beat the Wild it is comforting to know our next opponent will be either Anaheim, St. Louis or LA. :cry: :cry:

But I'm not assuming we beat SJS. It will be a tough series and both teams are pretty evenly matched. We haven't exactly shown we can score on them have we?
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:Assuming we beat SJS and Chicago beat the Wild it is comforting to know our next opponent will be either Anaheim, St. Louis or LA. :cry: :cry:

But I'm not assuming we beat SJS. It will be a tough series and both teams are pretty evenly matched. We haven't exactly shown we can score on them have we?
Yeah but Keslers BACK .. and he is the key to winning. :)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: We need to love Boston
:shock:

Does... Not... Compute...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote:Blues have no finish.

Damn are they good at clogging up the shooting lanes and blocking shots though.
So, Rummy, Steen not looking so bad right now, eh? ;)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Per wrote:

Right Per... best case scenario.. Toronto flukes enough games to win the East..
Canucks win the west ..
Canucks beat the shite out of the leaves on national TV.. Win the Stanley in 5
Burrows named MVP and Cherry goes ballistic :)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tiger wrote:
Per wrote:

Right Per... best case scenario.. Toronto flukes enough games to win the East..
Canucks win the west ..
Canucks beat the shite out of the leaves on national TV.. Win the Stanley in 5
Burrows named MVP and Cherry goes ballistic :)

Luongo has to play the series because Cory gets hurt and shut the leaves out every step of the way. I wanna them to win it in Toronto, to see Luongo hold the Cup.

OMG time for bed!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:We need to love Boston in Round One.
I'm all about loving the Brooms, but not for the marathon.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Bruins-leaves...it's a win-win, lose-lose...I go back and forth, I'd to see the leaves get wiped out, but having the Bruins toasted and all these knucklehead Bruins fans having to park their sweaters for the summer would be a great thing, a really great thing. Oh why oh why can't both teams lose; maybe there is a sub-section of the new CBA that might allow for that, as a cost-saving measure.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I'm sure Chicago was holding out the "finger up the anus and into the catering" ploy until the second round... but they must be discussing using it today after last night? And is it Bowman who actually does it, or does he delegate to his assistants?