2013 NHL Draft Order

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

2013 NHL Draft Order

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So, we find out in about an hour. My prediction is that the Oilers win the lottery. :rofl:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2013 NHL Draft Order

Post by rats19 »

hey, maybe they will pick a small, very fast with hands of gold uber forward... 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Avs win number 1, Panthers drop to 2 and the rest stay the same as the order they finished. How do the Avs do it?

Speaking of wow, there are 164 pages on Cowpuke discussing their draft position.
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:Speaking of wow, there are 164 pages on Cowpuke discussing their draft position.
What else do they have to talk about that wouldn't induce suicidal thoughts? 8-)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I think the top 2 - 3 picks can go anyway depending on the needs of the team drafting.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I like how they think that Colorado or Florida would be willing to trade down....

Might be true, but I doubt it. Unless Calgary is giving up multiple picks just to gain a couple of points of ground in the draft.

But I don't see any of them trading down unless it gets them Calgary's 6th overall and either another 1st or a player.....and since we know Calgary has no players of value..... :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think the top 10 of this draft is real good and as unpredictable as any draft ever seen. There is no doubt that the Avalanche are selecting Jones, they have good young forwards and Eric Johnson continues to disappoint. This is where the draft gets tricky cause predicting wbo is going to be better of Barkov, McKinnon, Drouin or Nichuskin(?) is a toss up. Then the next grouping is another real real toss up - Monahan, Lindholm, Nurse, Fucale, Zardov, Domi, Horvat. The Oilers definitely would benefit drafting Nurse, exactly what they could use but the Oilers should really think about winning now and trade the dam pick for players that can help now. Would not be surprised if they trade their pick.

Avs - Jones
Panthers - Drouin (French Canadian winger to go along with French Canadian Center Huberdeau
Tampa - Nichuskhin - Left Winger for Centre Stamkos
Nashville - Barkov
Carolina - McKinnon
Calgary - Monahan
Edmonton - Nurse
Buffalo - Lindholm
New Jersey - Fucale (Brodeur replacement?)
Dallas - Horvat
Philidelphia - Zardov (They need defense)
Phoenix - Domi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:So, we find out in about an hour. My prediction is that the Oilers win the lottery.
I'd love to see the draft modified where you get stopped from moving up if you have won in the past 3 years. Some teams like the Oilers seem to be trying to dive the last month to get into the draft, and hopefully win it repeatedly. The Oilers have proven good at winning the draft, and even better at continuing to suck. Quit rewarding bad teams!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

Non-playoff teams should play have their own "playoff for the pick". A one and done format. Same reverse order as playoff teams. Winner of this little tournament gets first pick and order determined from there. No more failing for the first pick. You have to fight for it. Would be fun and a little extra revenue for some non-playoff teams.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Groovypippin wrote:Non-playoff teams should play have their own "playoff for the pick". A one and done format. Same reverse order as playoff teams. Winner of this little tournament gets first pick and order determined from there. No more failing for the first pick. You have to fight for it. Would be fun and a little extra revenue for some non-playoff teams.

I like that. Have a one week elimination round tournament.
The only HW the Canucks need