Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by Hockey Widow »

OMG, even though I no longer can allow myself to cheer for the leaves I just can't cheer for Boston. I mean who wouldn't love to see Boston knocked out round 1? Honestly!

I think we can do this without cheering for the leaves. I mean we can cheer for Boston to lose not cheer for the leaves to win. And if Boston loses I hope they not only give up a ton of goals but I hope they score a ton too. Let everyone know that Leaf goaltending didn't win it for them and let them imagine what life would be like if they had a good NHL goalie. Maybe they walk away thinking they are only one piece away from being a contender and trade a boat load for Miller or sign Smith to a redonkulus contract, cause we know they ain't getting Lou.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Benjo wrote:Looks like Canucks series was drafted by TSN.
Son of a....

Now I need to pick up the TSN package. I'm not watching the playoffs on the computer!

Actually will probably prefer this, TSN does a way better job of game coverage these days. Though we will get some of the Dreger hate. :scowl:

Plus if the game before us goes into overtime there's always TSN2 they'll just switch it over to.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Wow, TSN. How can Canada's team not be on HNIC? :mrgreen:

TSN has better HD than HNIC has for its Western games.

A Wednesday start is better than a Tuesday start to boot. One extra day for R&R.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

I've been a Canucks fan too long. I will be buying stock in Kimberly-Clark, the makers of Depends. Hope to God I lose money but I don't like how we've played against SJ this year. I would love to say we're lulling them into a false sense of security but I don't think the Canucks themselves know which team is going to show up until half way through the first period.

And please, Canucks fans, don't sit on your hands at playoff home games. I believe in the 7th man (or player). It does not help the team if 18,000 "knowledgeable" hockey fans spend the entire game with their mouths filled with food and drink, checking their phones. Make some noise, and not just at the prompting of the scoreboard.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

ARRRRRRRGH!

What does CBC have instead? The Wild getting waxed. In Canada, who the #$^ wants to see that?

I don't have TSN, and in fact I don't even have cable. Rabbit ears give me CBC in glorious HD, and the online Centre Ice package takes care of the rest. (PQ is a little iffy sometimes but I can live with it). For me, TSN is a black hole that Canucks games disappear into. I'd happily PAY to stream the games, but I can't even do that. I'll have to go to a bar here in Taranna and hope @#$$% Pittsburgh (or worse, the ^*&^#$% leaves) don't go into ^&%$E% overtime. Or I could drop a couple hundred dollars to order a full HD cable package from scratch (there's a two month minimum IIRC). @#%^ you, CBC, TSN, and Rogers! :devil:

(yes, I realize this is a first world problem).
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Nucks in six.

Let the games begin! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

darren wrote:
ARRRRRRRGH!

What does CBC have instead? The Wild getting waxed. In Canada, who the #$^ wants to see that?

I don't have TSN, and in fact I don't even have cable. Rabbit ears give me CBC in glorious HD, and the online Centre Ice package takes care of the rest. (PQ is a little iffy sometimes but I can live with it). For me, TSN is a black hole that Canucks games disappear into. I'd happily PAY to stream the games, but I can't even do that. I'll have to go to a bar here in Taranna and hope @#$$% Pittsburgh (or worse, the ^*&^#$% leaves) don't go into ^&%$E% overtime. Or I could drop a couple hundred dollars to order a full HD cable package from scratch (there's a two month minimum IIRC). @#%^ you, CBC, TSN, and Rogers! :devil:

I hear ya. I don't have the sports package on Shaw, so I don't get TSN HD but the Centre Ice package evened things out. Now, because the precious Eastern teams must be accommodated CBC decided it doesn't want the Vancouver games. In my mind, CBC just flipped the bird to Western Canada and Canucks fans everywhere.

On the one hand, I won't have to put up with the HNIC crew bleating affection for everything Habs- and leaves-related all night, but now have to deal with the Toronto Sports Network crew throwing the love to everybody but the Canucks.

Yeah, first world problem and all, but Grrrrr..... :mad:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

CBC got picks 1&2 and TSN had the 3rd so it was a no brainer. Of course CBC will take the all Canadian matchup as well as Toronto's first trip in 7 years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

darren wrote:
ARRRRRRRGH!

:lol: Yeah, same set-up here but no way in hell I will go to a bar to watch it surrounded by TML zombies :twisted:

I will go someplace where they hate the Laughs and love the Canucks, like Buffalo :D

Fuck you very much CBC 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benjo wrote:CBC got picks 1&2 and TSN had the 3rd so it was a no brainer. Of course CBC will take the all Canadian matchup as well as Toronto's first trip in 7 years.

They had the first two choices and they selected the East for both. No matter how you slice it this is a big fu** you to the West. If Calgary and/or Edmonton were in the playoffs they would still have chosen the East.

They are supposed to be a national channel catering to Canadian needs, not a Toronto channel, thats TSN. They knew they would have to hurt some fans so they chose to hurt the ones out west. At least their bias is plain for everyone.

Oh I get the population base and the ratings and all of that shit but it's my tax dollars that go into that corporation too and last time I checked the dollar out west is on par with the dollar back east.

A disgrace, a real disgrace. And they wonder why the East is hated everywhere but the East.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Benjo wrote:CBC got picks 1&2 and TSN had the 3rd so it was a no brainer. Of course CBC will take the all Canadian matchup as well as Toronto's first trip in 7 years.

They had the first two choices and they selected the East for both. No matter how you slice it this is a big fu** you to the West. If Calgary and/or Edmonton were in the playoffs they would still have chosen the East.

They are supposed to be a national channel catering to Canadian needs, not a Toronto channel, thats TSN. They knew they would have to hurt some fans so they chose to hurt the ones out west. At least their bias is plain for everyone.

Oh I get the population base and the ratings and all of that shit but it's my tax dollars that go into that corporation too and last time I checked the dollar out west is on par with the dollar back east.

A disgrace, a real disgrace. And they wonder why the East is hated everywhere but the East.
It wouldn't be the first time CBC had to split telecasts. They could have done it if they really wanted to. Either they cheaped out or didn't give a rat's ass about anybody outside the Toronto-Montreal corridor - or both.

I'm in the East and I hate the East! :devil:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Aaaaaah let them have their fun spouting crap and an all Ontarian semi-final, after the first round it will be the Canucks (English-West) and Canadiens (French-East) only :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I am surprised and happy to learn our first round games will be on TSN!

TSN has a much better picture and overall product. We'll probably get Cuthbert and Ferraro, who I very much enjoy as broadcasters, and we will avoid Cherry, Weekes, Hrudey, Stock and Simpson, who I cannot stand.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:I am surprised and happy to learn our first round games will be on TSN!

TSN has a much better picture and overall product. We'll probably get Cuthbert and Ferraro, who I very much enjoy as broadcasters, and we will avoid Cherry, Weekes, Hrudey, Stock and Simpson, who I cannot stand.

Ya, I'm OK with TSN too but then I already have the full HD package. For those that don't it is a huge slight that HNIC went this way. But like you I prefer the TSN broadcasters and intermission panels much more than I do HNIC.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I don't mind PJ Stock; he's alright. The rest of them are no better than your average viewer's babbling.