Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I say 7 games with home ice being huge for us.

SJS is 17-2 at home FFS but a suprisingly bad 8-14 away.

I predict home ice wins for both sides including game 7
The stantion will be the key factor. :lol:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

nuckster wrote:Canucks are such a 'head-scratcher'; they can look so bad and then turn around and play a game like they did with Chicago where they look 'brilliant'. Truth is, we haven't seen a whole lot of brilliance this year. I wonder (and am hopeful) about the fact that last year an 8th place team went the distance and just maybe that hasn't been lost on the Nucks? So in otherwords, never-mind getting caught up into the regular season race for first, just show up to the post season healthy and kick it up a notch (give it what you got). So that's my hope. BUT, truth is none of us really know what we're going to get. I am a minority here when I say I would like to have faced St. Louis in the first round. It's my sense over the years that teams that have to rise up to diversity with a tough team, even if it has to go on for seven games, emerge out the other side seemingly able to operate at higher level. I think its a myth about teams being tired after 7 games. It seems to me that many champs emerge after putting it out there after 7 game battles. The truth is, the Canucks should have major fuckin reserves of energy cause they haven't been playing at a particularly high level for most of the season. It's interesting to see an article in the province about playoff tickets not selling...hmmm maybe fans have some reservations me thinks?

The other thought i have, is perhaps it would be a blessing to get our asses kicked in 5 or 6 cause this would prompt Gillis to change the culture of this team. The predominant term used to describe the Canucks this year is 'lack-lustre' or 'stale'. Might be time to add some pepper!? Now having said all of this, naturally I would like to see us take the Sharks and build on it, but who really frikin knows what we're going to get??
Yeah, that's most of our hope. Did they learn 'why kill ourselves to finish first overall' if the past few years the teams that go all the way did not.
It's more of a question of 'how bad do they want this?'

We're about to find out...can't wait...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

A bold sweep, hey i just won the hockey pool. :lol:

Hey but it's realistically in because they just have to win one game after another.... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I predict a good many of the media predictions will have the Canucks losing, which could be a good thing. They get a little too pleased with themselves sometimes, might not be a bad thing to have people thinking they aren't up to it.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

My key is to destroy Logan Couture. Nevermind Choker Joe. LC is the real deal.
If you need air...call it in
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Uncle dans leg wrote:My key is to destroy Logan Couture. Nevermind Choker Joe. LC is the real deal.
That, and get in Niemi's grill.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:My key is to destroy Logan Couture. Nevermind Choker Joe. LC is the real deal.
That, and get in Niemi's grill.
Yep...he loves that I hear.

Maybe a behind the net distraction...

What's the bet Mr Whale is sporting a chub
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Mondi wrote:Attempting to throw out games 47 and 48, I still have a fairly good feeling going into the playoffs. But, if last night was any indication of how solid RL is going to play when the going gets tough, I'm hoping CS is ready to start Game 1.
How does that comment make any sense?

You are willing to give the skaters the benefit of the doubt that they'll turn it around even though they has piss poor outings in the final two games,but since Luongo didn't stand on his head and deliver a couple of perfect games you're ready to throw him, and him alone, under thebus for his performances in the exact same two games.

Luongo has NEVER lost a first round series. Schneider has 1 career playoff victory.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

vic wrote:
Mondi wrote:Attempting to throw out games 47 and 48, I still have a fairly good feeling going into the playoffs. But, if last night was any indication of how solid RL is going to play when the going gets tough, I'm hoping CS is ready to start Game 1.

You are willing to give the skaters the benefit of the doubt that they'll turn it around even though they has piss poor outings in the final two games,but since Luongo didn't stand on his head and deliver a couple of perfect games you're ready to throw him, and him alone, under thebus for his performances in the exact same two games.

Luongo has NEVER lost a first round series. Schneider has 1 career playoff victory.
Luo has never played a season as a back-up with so few games either.
You know how he is. Notoriously slow starter, lotsa pucks blah blah blah...still, fogetaboot the last two meaningless games.
Luo is there if we need him and a far better option than Lack, Cannata or Scrivens in the post-season.
Like I said before I will be shocked, SHOCKED! if Cory does not start Game 1.

I'm willing to bet BikerDames left testicle on it! 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mondi wrote:
vic wrote:

First of all, the Canucks top 3 fowards and top 3 defense we out of the lineup last night so those skaters did not represent our a sampling of our playoff team. Luongo is a very realistic option as our goalie come game. That is not to say the skaters get a free pass.

Second of all, Luongo had a hand in losing that first round series last season. Not only that, he's been blown up in every single playoff series he has lost, save for Anahiem waaaaay back in 2007.

The only point was that Luongo seemed to give up on th game, which he's been known to do after one or two get past him. Conversely, Cory seems to shake off a bad goal and bar the door. I want to see CS in the pipes come Tuesday/Wednesday night.
Say...when do they release the schedule? Tonight after Boston loses to the Sens (and meets the Laughs in the 1st round? :) ) or tomorrow?

I have to cancel everything for the next 2 months! :mex:

Good thing school is done! :D
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

II believe that it all starts Tuesday. My guess is that the leaves will open on the road on HNIC on tues, some other teams will play on Wednesday The leaves will play game two on Thursday, some udder teams will play Friday and ...
Ta fucking da! The leaves will play their first playoff home game in Gawd knows how long on a Saturday night Hockey Night In Canada broadcast...
The leaf blowers will be on full blast...

Do you think they organized the Big Bang so that time and space would coordinate itself to arrive at this perfect moment for the NHL and the world?

Oh yeah apparently there will be other teams playing at some point please
Check the schedule.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Nobody's any easy draw this year, except maybe Minny but there are worse draws than SJ. I predict this will likely be one of the more entertaining series in the 1st round, as both teams seem built similarly. Agree with posters saying it only matters what game the Nucks bring. That said, I think the Chi-version of the team is closer to what we'll see than the last two 'mail-it-in' games (at least I hope).

Nucks in 6. :)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The Tarana media LOVES the leaves, and HATE Rob Ford. If their mayor cheers for the leaves, will the town simply implode and be wiped off the map???
ukcanuck wrote:The leaves will play game two on Thursday, some udder teams will play Friday and ...
Ta fucking da! The leaves will play their first playoff home game in Gawd knows how long on a Saturday night Hockey Night In Canada broadcast...
The leaf blowers will be on full blast...

Do you think they organized the Big Bang so that time and space would coordinate itself to arrive at this perfect moment for the NHL and the world?

Oh yeah apparently there will be other teams playing at some point please
Check the schedule.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I just know it's going to be sickening, Jim was getting warmed up by calling the Canucks toronto.

Does this mean I'm cheering for b.. b...boston??? YIKES :shock:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Looks like Canucks series was drafted by TSN.