GDT: Canucks @ Coilers, 7pm PST - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Coilers, 7pm PST - CBC

Post by Arachnid »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:
Are you kidding? AV is clueless. :(
You do know that we are trying to trade Luongo right? :eh: So far from "meaningless", by AV hanging Luongo out to dry is just reducing the return on Lu in the summer, as his save% & GAA are going in the wrong direction.
Ahhhh, he's untradable, get a bag of pucks or buy him out and move on, he had his time and his chance here.

Guaranteed the team put the game behind them already so maybe you should too...
Sure, if the Canucks blow through the first 2 rounds easily and nobody gets injured. :D
Otherwise, we'll all be thinking about the players that we COULD HAVE GOTTEN for Lu at the beginning of the year, and the drama still hasn't played out.

I'm happy that we are finally playong meaningful games, and I'm more optimistic than some here.
But it still doesn't change the fact that AV is a tool, and he was pissing away Lu's value for no good reason.
Nope, it is pretty much established he was never going to be moved before the season because of the uncertainty of the lock-out or the trade-deadline because of the stupid desperation.
And it is far better to stock the cupboards than to get help.

There is no coulda, shoudla, woulda, this is the team we have. Deal with it. It's pretty good. They think so, many think so. No pressure on them now. Their time to show us or then changes will be made and we can debate it after June.

What is Luo's value? A former #1 goalie that has a history of choking in the playoffs and an Olympic Gold medal?

We will get a couple of 2nds and a minor (league) addition, most would be happy with that but that won't help us now, during the past season or even next year.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:They said in a matter of 12 minutes Luongo had taken off his equipment, showered, dressed and left the dressing room by himself. Tells me he is pretty upset about something. Not the way he wants to end his run in Vancouver no doubt, being a back up in a meaningless game with a bunch of scrubs in front of you.
He has been considered a locker room leader throughout his tenure, All the other leaders, save for Kesler and Bieksa, both for obvious reasons, were in the press box. I'd say shabby treatment for someone who has bought the bullet and toed the party line all season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:They said in a matter of 12 minutes Luongo had taken off his equipment, showered, dressed and left the dressing room by himself. Tells me he is pretty upset about something. Not the way he wants to end his run in Vancouver no doubt, being a back up in a meaningless game with a bunch of scrubs in front of you.
He has been considered a locker room leader throughout his tenure, All the other leaders, save for Kesler and Bieksa, both for obvious reasons, were in the press box. I'd say shabby treatment for someone who has bought the bullet and toed the party line all season.
True, it was questionable as to why he didn't put Cannata in (except to save Cannata from the bOils ruining his career :D ).
But that's just it. I think Luo and the team will put this behind them. They are veterans & professionals.
This was a complete shit game that meant nothing to the Canucks, I'm surprised they even flew to that hell hole (I have only been back 3 times since being squeezed out there :crazy: ).

It should have been 10-0 for the Special Eds with no Kesler (lucky it was only a minor ear injury), no KB2 and I would have even rested Roy and Zassian (for cap reasons we could not use more Volves).
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

We needed one last look at 7uongo...for old times sake :lol:

Where was the Chelsea Dagger?
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote:True, it was questionable as to why he didn't put Cannata in
I'm just guessing that Luongo didn't want to be benched in favour of a 4th line rookie. Instead, he probably took it as a chance to play his last possible game here, and it's known that he likes taking a lot of pucks in a game.

Instead he was hung out to dry by the Canucks Lite and didn't the need the media asking a bunch of retarded questions. Don't blame him one bit for dodging the circus.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Luongo's got an axe to grind next time out.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:True, it was questionable as to why he didn't put Cannata in
I'm just guessing that Luongo didn't want to be benched in favour of a 4th line rookie. Instead, he probably took it as a chance to play his last possible game here, and it's known that he likes taking a lot of pucks in a game.

Instead he was hung out to dry by the Canucks Lite and didn't the need the media asking a bunch of retarded questions. Don't blame him one bit for dodging the circus.
A better explanation I have never read (today)

Thanks CornMan! :)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

HArd to know what is really going on but I agree it was a totally meaningless game. Just disappointed for Luongo the way his last two went but then I remind myself that is the role of the back up sometimes, to play in these meaningless games.
The only HW the Canucks need
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Hockey Widow wrote:HArd to know what is really going on but I agree it was a totally meaningless game. Just disappointed for Luongo the way his last two went but then I remind myself that is the role of the back up sometimes, to play in these meaningless games.
I am deeply disappointed in how the game went and how the team left Lou hanging in the breeze. What a shit way to end your career in Van. While I'm sure Lou will remain professional about the situation for the remainder of the playoffs, I can see him hardening his personal position some and saying "you want me gone, fine, buy me out"

Question is, with his NTC, can he force the buyout rather than the trade? They need to move him for cap reasons and because Cory is now the No.1

showered, dressed and out in 12 mins says a hell of a lot more than I don't want to take dumb questions. It has a big fuck you all attached to it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

wafflecombine wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:HArd to know what is really going on but I agree it was a totally meaningless game. Just disappointed for Luongo the way his last two went but then I remind myself that is the role of the back up sometimes, to play in these meaningless games.
I am deeply disappointed in how the game went and how the team left Lou hanging in the breeze. What a shit way to end your career in Van. While I'm sure Lou will remain professional about the situation for the remainder of the playoffs, I can see him hardening his personal position some and saying "you want me gone, fine, buy me out"

Question is, with his NTC, can he force the buyout rather than the trade? They need to move him for cap reasons and because Cory is now the No.1

showered, dressed and out in 12 mins says a hell of a lot more than I don't want to take dumb questions. It has a big fuck you all attached to it.
He can be bought out and I doubt he would mind that at all.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Thanks HW.
I'm just thinking for all the good press, the fact that Lou has been left in a couple times this season to be shelled has really put a bitter taste in his mouth. With that and the fact he really does have the power on a NTC and we are so short of cap for next season, I think Lou could force the issue.

Speculating of course, why wouldn't he? From his perspective he gets paid out money owed, the contract is gone and then he can sign with Florida (the family reason thing) for a more reasonable contract and reasonable dollars. I think things look a hell of a lot different for Lou when he is free and clear of the contract.

Florida would have to be on crack not jump on the chance regardles of their current goalie situation or what is in the cupboards.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/spec ... er-forget/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W21co#t=4s
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

wafflecombine wrote:Thanks HW.
I'm just thinking for all the good press, the fact that Lou has been left in a couple times this season to be shelled has really put a bitter taste in his mouth. With that and the fact he really does have the power on a NTC and we are so short of cap for next season, I think Lou could force the issue.

Speculating of course, why wouldn't he? From his perspective he gets paid out money owed, the contract is gone and then he can sign with Florida (the family reason thing) for a more reasonable contract and reasonable dollars. I think things look a hell of a lot different for Lou when he is free and clear of the contract.

Florida would have to be on crack not jump on the chance regardles of their current goalie situation or what is in the cupboards.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/spec ... er-forget/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W21co#t=4s
I'm agreeing with you. I think if it came down to it he would welcome being bought out. His contract was front loaded so he has already made off with a ton of cash.