Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 pm

Nucks vs Sharks, Part II. OK, let's hear your predicitons.

Definitely glad not to face the Kings again. I think the Nucks will win in 6. Hopefully, Doug Wilson will have stripped his team of some role players needed for a good run in the likes of Murry, Clowe, Handzus. If the Nucks could get a good checking line with Hamhuis-Garrison on the Thornton line all nite, hopefully they won't get much offence going.

Getting Bieska back was a plus tonite, although he looked quite rusty; hopefully he'll be close to 100% by game #1. Getting the Tan-Man back soon would really help too.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Postby Rumsfeld » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Good guys in 5. Expecting overtimes.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Glad to stay in our time zone in the first round.

Glad that LA and St.Louis are going to kick the crap out of each other in the first round.

Glad the old guys in Anaheim and Detroit start traveling about as far as possible in the first round.

Little disappointed that CHI gets Minny, hopefully Suter can help the Wild last more than 4 games.

Canucks in 6.

:thumbs:
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:14 am

Sharks in 5.

This team falls apart in the face of adversity, the Canucks lost all 3 games against the Sharks, and they have made Niemi look all world in every meeting.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:26 am

If the Canucks we have seen against teams like Chicago then the Nucks in 5.

If not then the Nucks in 7, there is no way in hell the Canucks will lose this series.
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:37 am

The only team that would have been easy for us is Minny. We have had our share of problems with all the other teams. If we show up with our A game we can win any series. If not then no matter who we play round one we will lose. I'm not unhappy nor am I happy with SJS. The road to the Cup will go through some pretty good teams.

If we can stay relatively healthy and come to play I like our chances.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby FAN » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 am

This is my preferred matchup for the Canucks in the first round given the choices. I just see San Jose as the easier matchup.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby rockalt » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:08 am

This is probably the most favourable matchup we could have realistically hoped for (there was no way Minny was going to climb back to 6th).

Having said all that the Sharks have owned the Canucks this year and have seemingly played better since the mini-purge of their team.

I don't really know what to expect from this Canucks team but I'm going to air on the side of optimism and say Canucks in 5.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Postby Boston Canucker » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:35 am

To be honest, the one team I wanted to avoid was St. Louis, not so much LA. I think the SJS matchup is likely the best of the three, but I hope the Canucks don't think that. They didn't take LA seriously enough last year, man I hope they don't make any presumptions about SJS. Niemi has looked great. I almost preferred an LA matchup because the Canucks would have to get amped up for that - and they played LA great at home earlier in the season.

Anyway, this is what it is...I think this is going to be a long one, ups and downs, both teams split at home to start, it'll be 2-2 and then a homer series after that, Canucks in 7.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Mondi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 am

If RL is our goalie, SJ in 6. If CS, Van in 6.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 am

Nevermind :evil:

I feel like a North Shore Stevedore that can't find his hook...

*regrets getting that last coffee*
Last edited by Arachnid on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

SCP 2013 Round 1 Sharks versus Canucks

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:25 am

Time to get this party started :rockin:

I think this could go 6 and easily 7 as both teams get their Playoff legs. Pretty confident that we will take it with the team we have. Corrado as series MVP 8-)

Interesting time to be a Canuck fan but I'm really excited this year (many of us were still stunned/hungover last year from the Finals) but I think we can all come together and support this years team (and each other ).

Fuck yeah! Bring it Cupcake Thorton™!

All bandwagoners please pass Rogers Arena and go directly here...http://www.tmlforum.net/index.php
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 am

Aaronp18 wrote:Glad to stay in our time zone in the first round.

Glad that LA and St.Louis are going to kick the crap out of each other in the first round.

Glad the old guys in Anaheim and Detroit start traveling about as far as possible in the first round.

Little disappointed that CHI gets Minny, hopefully Suter can help the Wild last more than 4 games.

Canucks in 6.

:thumbs:

Yeah but The cHawks will have to go through another round with the Blues or Kings before getting to us for the Con Final :)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:33 am

Meds wrote:Sharks in 5.

This team falls apart in the face of adversity, the Canucks lost all 3 games against the Sharks, and they have made Niemi look all world in every meeting.

Oh Fuck off! :evil:

How did your Leaf laden hockey pool team do?! :hmmm:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:16 am

I say 7 games with home ice being huge for us.

SJS is 17-2 at home FFS but a suprisingly bad 8-14 away.

I predict home ice wins for both sides including game 7
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat