Playoffs...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Playoffs...2013

Post by rats19 »

can someone please post the current stats...and possibles?
who is who is not who might if...thnx my phone int good for that :D
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Playoffs...2013

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Predictions based on shifting ground....hmmm

But methinks I would be happy to either win the cup or at least fuck up Chicago's shot at winning it ....

Obviously a Cup is all that will make my life complete

But the latter would be liveable I suppose...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote:Does this help?
Yes... 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Here's a question...
Can Henrik and Daniel ever play a more physical style of play? Do they have it in them at all?

I think that if they could find it in them to run over a few guys at least a few times, it would go a long way towards gaining some space or respect from around the league. The league has almost given teams a free pass to take runs at these players and if the refs wont punish teams like they should, these players have to fight back and stick up for themselves.

In my opinion it's what has to happen for this team to go from what we have to what we want. They are our superstars. They are 200lb guys who, for whatever reason, just never have been able to bowl a guy over, punch someone in the face, lose a few teeth, etc.

So do they have it in them?
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Here's a question...
Can Henrik and Daniel ever play a more physical style of play? Do they have it in them at all?

I think that if they could find it in them to run over a few guys at least a few times, it would go a long way towards gaining some space or respect from around the league. The league has almost given teams a free pass to take runs at these players and if the refs wont punish teams like they should, these players have to fight back and stick up for themselves.

In my opinion it's what has to happen for this team to go from what we have to what we want. They are our superstars. They are 200lb guys who, for whatever reason, just never have been able to bowl a guy over, punch someone in the face, lose a few teeth, etc.

It's not their game but they gotta be pretty aware their window is closing...and fairly pissed if anyone trys any Marchand style bullshit on them, we have seen some of their anger, it's rare but in them Viking there is

SpiderYoda
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So right now its st..Louis

Could easily be the sharks

Do we all.prefer jumbo and the boys?

I do..
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I was pretty surprised with Henrik running over Carcillo on Monday night. The twins have definitely upped their defensive play this season and they are finished checks much more regularly. If they can up the ante even more I wouldn't want to play the Canucks in the playoffs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Benjo wrote:I was pretty surprised with Henrik running over Carcillo on Monday night. The twins have definitely upped their defensive play this season and they are finished checks much more regularly. If they can up the ante even more I wouldn't want to play the Canucks in the playoffs.
The Sedins have seemed a bit more willing to engage in the physical game, and have demonstrated a bit more of an edge and a lack of patience over the last couple of weeks. Especially against Chicago and Detroit.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Benjo wrote:I was pretty surprised with Henrik running over Carcillo on Monday night. The twins have definitely upped their defensive play this season and they are finished checks much more regularly. If they can up the ante even more I wouldn't want to play the Canucks in the playoffs.
The Sedins have seemed a bit more willing to engage in the physical game, and have demonstrated a bit more of an edge and a lack of patience over the last couple of weeks. Especially against Chicago and Detroit.
If true, they are pissed at being punching bags and have recognized their time is running out and have found that edge this bodes well.....

RELEASE THY INNER VIKING DANK UND HANK!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
spooner
CC Veteran

Post by spooner »

There are still 4 teams that the Canucks could conceivably face in the first round (SJ, LA, STL, MIN). Although St. Louis currently sits in 6th, it isn't that likely that they will finish in 6th.

According to this site http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western.html, SJ is the most likely first round opponent at ~40%. Those percentages should be taken with a grain of salt though. At this time of year, one game can drastically change the numbers.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

spooner wrote:There are still 4 teams that the Canucks could conceivably face in the first round (SJ, LA, STL, MIN). Although St. Louis currently sits in 6th, it isn't that likely that they will finish in 6th.

Minny is a long shot to finish 6th. But, out of the other 3, I don't really care who we play. Maybe St Louis, only because they have the worst goal-tending of the bunch. Maybe not St Louis, because Halak is probably due for a hot streak, if he's back for the playoffs. Stats-wise, we are not really any better than any of those teams.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

rats19 wrote:So right now its st..Louis

Could easily be the sharks

Do we all.prefer jumbo and the boys?

I do..
Yes. Sharks would probably be best. Or Minny maybe, if they are still in a funk.
I'd prefer not to see Kings or Blues in the first round, and winning (losing) games 1-0 or 2-1 most nights.

We would probably see the Ducks in round 2 if things play out
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Arachnid wrote:

It's not their game but they gotta be pretty aware their window is closing...and fairly pissed if anyone trys any Marchand style bullshit on them, we have seen some of their anger, it's rare but in them Viking there is

SpiderYoda
It'll definitely go a long way to gaining respect from the refs if they stick up for themselves and give as good as they take. You could probably say the same for guys like Raymond too. Fuck the "take it so you can draw a penalty shit" everytime. Once in awhile you gotta go apeshit on your tormenters... as long as the score warrants it.

Above all, guys like Burrows, Lapierre and Kesler absolutely must keep their mouths shut, stay upright and just play.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

No... it will be more of the same.. and again Kesler will be our MVP.
and we will be meeting either the Sharks or LA.. if Blues win 1 of next 2 games..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice