GDT: 4/22 - Canucks host Chitown - 7pm Snet - NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 4/22 - Canucks host Chitown - 7pm Snet - NHLN-US

Post by ukcanuck »

Lol one could e left the same walking into a mining convention with an NDP button and expecting someone to buy you a beer...

Actually I don't see what her genser has to do with it, have the beer bellied hack reporters out there can't skate or play hockey anyway...

I'm supposed to believe that Gallagher ever played a sport that didn't have two balls?

Freudian slip? :D
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

C'mon you guys... you think Keith gets a pass on a moronic statement like that solely because she asked a tough question? Whatever. We claim these guys should show up to play every night because they are very well paid to do so - the same can be said about them being responsible for their comments. He should have stopped talking while he was only partly 'in it'. Keith may be one hell of a great d-man, but he's about as clever as a goal-post.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

BingoTough wrote:
Tiger wrote:For Uncle Dans Leg :)
2 thai hockey fans celebrating Canucks win ..
Easy tiger, I read this site at work. Maybe link to the pics next time?
Hey, they are both wearing clothes and are really Canuck fans... Maybe your working for a very prudish company?
Sorry though and will try and figure a way to post pics differently..I keep forgetting that Canada is such a backward country :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Corrado - :thumbs:
Baltard - :rofl:

A healthy Tanev and Bieksa our Right side is the cats ass.

Good young D we have in Tanev and Corrado
AV will just ruin them.......fucking Canucks and their shitty scouts.
I agree, cause seemingly, Aquaman is gonna have to open up his wallet and buy Balltard out to save ole Mikey this summer while trying to crunch the payroll, in the mean time look at Grabner go! 2nd in goals on the Isles with 16, behind Tavares. What's Howden up to?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

RD...In your estimation what is the likelihood Grabner is an Islander next season? 16 goals. I see you don't want to mention the mere 5 assists. Or that he has been removed from the PP and is playing about 12 minutes a night of late....3rd/4th liner time. The Isles have some young guys they want to get into the lineup next season. Grabner is a potential casualty up front for them. He's completely a one dimensional player....a 40 point goal scorer that more often than not plays on the perimeter. He's Mason Raymond with better hands but less two-way play.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:He's Mason Raymond with better hands but less two-way play.
Which is why he was in the Ballard deal rather than being waived by the Canucks coming out of camp.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:RD...In your estimation what is the likelihood Grabner is an Islander next season? 16 goals. I see you don't want to mention the mere 5 assists. Or that he has been removed from the PP and is playing about 12 minutes a night of late....3rd/4th liner time. The Isles have some young guys they want to get into the lineup next season. Grabner is a potential casualty up front for them. He's completely a one dimensional player....a 40 point goal scorer that more often than not plays on the perimeter. He's Mason Raymond with better hands but less two-way play.
Well, at least he can finish, which is a helluva lot more than anyone can say about similar shitty set up man, shoot first David "Can't make a pass to save my life" Booth.

Like I said, more goals than any Canuck this year.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Would this be the same David Booth that had more goals per game, assists per game, points per game, and hits per game than Michale Grabner last year? Or a different one?

And really talking about shoot first, can't pass Booth as a bad thing when trying to defend your point about shoot first, doesn't even think of passing Grabner?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:Would this be the same David Booth that had more goals per game, assists per game, points per game, and hits per game than Michale Grabner last year? Or a different one?

And really talking about shoot first, can't pass Booth as a bad thing when trying to defend your point about shoot first, doesn't even think of passing Grabner?
Since when does Blinders David Booth think about passing? He can't cause he's too busy watching the hot potato on his stick and getting his head taken off by the likes of Mike Richards for it.

I don't get your love for David 'one empty net goal in 11 games' Booth, but it's charming to say the least.

Do you realize that the Canucks play better without Booth in the line-up?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Who said anything about love? you decided to use Booth as a comparison to the awesome Grabner. The awesome grabner was outscored, out assisted, out pointed and out hit by that hugely terrible player last season. But hey whatever floats your boat. Keep on fantasizing about grabner wearing the whale.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Just watched the game a bit. Corrado did look good and he reminds me of former Canuck Steve Staios actually.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:I have not seen Thompson raise her gender as an issue, but the rest of the media certainly is.
It was actually Keith that did that.

You're right that it was a stupid question, but that's par for the course, Keith is too dumb to not take the bate.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Corrado and Tanev don't count because Gillis picked them up - he gets no credit, correct? :mrgreen:

I like Corrado's game, simple and effective which is exactly what you want to see in a young dman. It's only one game but very promising against a very good team. I liked the first two lines, and Kassian had a solid game, but Raymond is back to disappearing and Ebbett needs to be replaced. All in all, a good effort and good warmup for next week when the real season starts.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Diehard1 wrote: I like Corrado's game, simple and effective which is exactly what you want to see in a young dman. It's only one game but very promising against a very good team. I liked the first two lines, and Kassian had a solid game, but Raymond is back to disappearing and Ebbett needs to be replaced. All in all, a good effort and good warmup for next week when the real season starts.
Yeah, Corrado looks to have even more upside than Tanev in the offensive and toughness department. But we'll see.

Agree with Raymond and Ebbett. You can clearly see that Raymond has been playing scared and disengaged as the competition has ramped up the last 10+ games. When was the last time you even saw him fall down?

Ebbett has no business being on a playoff roster, but unfortunately if AV is going with Roy & Kesler on a line, someone needs to play the 3rd spot. Maybe Lappy's got enough gas to move up for the run, but I don't like Schroeder or anyone else we got on the 4th.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Diehard1 wrote:

Corrado and Tanev don't count because Gillis picked them up - he gets no credit, correct? :mrgreen:

I like Corrado's game, simple and effective which is exactly what you want to see in a young dman. It's only one game but very promising against a very good team. I liked the first two lines, and Kassian had a solid game, but Raymond is back to disappearing and Ebbett needs to be replaced. All in all, a good effort and good warmup for next week when the real season starts.
Raymond, except the two ill-advised passes in the defensive zone, was basically invisible. Ebbett, on the other hand, tried hard but just not capable of getting the job done. It would be nice to have a capable third line centre, preferably a shutdown centre, just to get on RD's nerve. :lol: :mrgreen:

MG should replace Raymond with a tough third line winger this summer.