Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by Topper »

Take further up the food chain, Dallas and Vancouver concluded a deadline deal.

One reservation that other GM's may have is with the prom dress that was put on Coho, though that lipstick on a pig scenario says more about Buffalo's unused bottle of makeup remover than anything else. Who knows, maybe Regier, after this past season can BJ McDonald stumpy before having re-sign him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote:By making yourself an enemy with the GM fraternity only makes Gillis job that much harder. He is too arrogant to rub shoulders with the fraternity and therefore trading partners for him are few and far between. Mike thinks he's as smart as they come but the high road approach he takes only shows how much of an idiot he truly is.

If Mike had a kept his opinions to himself and shown a little humility at the hiring I think he has more friends in the GM club than he has now. Lets call a spade a spade, he weaseled his way into that job, courting Aquaman with Gallagher behind the scenes while Nonis and crew were running the club and then to boot he throws Nonis under the bus at the press conference of his hiring yet a lot of you are crying your eyes for Nonis getting revenge on Gillis. Gillis created this ill will, not Nonis. Good on ya Nonis.
Nonis was a failure as a GM, there was no "weaseling" necessary when a team that is perilously close to the cap every year fails to make the playoffs 2/3 years.

If Nonis is such a league power broker, why was he unable to pull off any deals other than Luongo? He claimed the best offer he could get on Brad Richards was both Sedins and Edler and Raymond - does that mean that Nonis is a spade and hated by the GM Club? Does that mean all of the other GMs hate and don't respect Nonis?

Or does it just mean that trades are difficult to pull off in the NHL, and (surprise!) every GM is looking out only for their team's best interest?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Nice segue to another dead horse.
You must've missed the sign at the front door of this thread Toppa, that is unless you are more blind than you are deaf.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Nonis was a failure as a GM, there was no "weaseling" necessary when a team that is perilously close to the cap every year fails to make the playoffs 2/3 years.

If Nonis is such a league power broker, why was he unable to pull off any deals other than Luongo? He claimed the best offer he could get on Brad Richards was both Sedins and Edler and Raymond - does that mean that Nonis is a spade and hated by the GM Club? Does that mean all of the other GMs hate and don't respect Nonis?

Or does it just mean that trades are difficult to pull off in the NHL, and (surprise!) every GM is looking out only for their team's best interest?
The leaves just made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. I think they like the job Nonis has done there and I'm sure the fans there are quite thankful that he didn't get bullied into making a deal for 34 year old Lou and THAT contract Gillis gave him. Speaking of goalies, who was GM of your Canucks at the time when Lou was traded to the Canucks and Schneider was drafted...and just how good with this low scoring hockey team be without the best 1-2 goalie tandem in the NHL????????????????
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

-why Randy got shit canned
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote:
He claimed the best offer he could get on Brad Richards was both Sedins and Edler and Raymond - does that mean that Nonis is a spade and hated by the GM Club? Does that mean all of the other GMs hate and don't respect Nonis?
you lost me there
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Image
LMAO is that the best you got, a failed draft pick? Flip side, who drafted Schneider, Bourdon, Raymond, Hansen and Edler? In his 3 short years as a GM here?

S
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Image
LMAO is that the best you got, a failed draft pick? Flip side, who drafted Schneider, Bourdon, Raymond, Hansen and Edler? In his 3 short years as a GM here?

S
Do you feel Nonis was a good GM in Vancouver? Did you feel it right before he cot canned? Did the team appear to be headed in the right direction?
MG may be an arrogant asshole but his team is well run and has been consistently competitive. Every single last GM in the league, other than expansion teams, inherit assets. This point is consistently weak dude.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Tiger wrote: Bolland only had 5 shifts.. looked like he was injured .. and he is the key to shutting down the Sedins.. Just hoping he can't play against them again..
The Sedins have put up a ton of points against Chicago the past several years, you are miles off on your point here.
Please recheck the playoff records spudman. two years agp we won the first 2 playoff games . Bolland was on the injury list.. the Sedins were not so effective after he came back and it took OT in the 7th game to get by Chitown.. Not talking regular season.. but the playoffs ..The previous year the Bolland line owned them. Points ? sure they got some but gave up a hell of a lot more goals then they scored..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Every single last GM in the league, other than expansion teams, inherit assets. This point is consistently weak dude.
Nowhere near what Gillis inherited here other than what Burke inherited in Anaheim, but at least he won the cup. That being said, Burkes aquisitions of Pronger, Neidermeyer, Selanne and Beauchimen were fucking brilliant.

I wonder how Gillis would have done with a roster full of shite assets like say what Feaster got in Calgary after Daryl Sutter fucked that team over or what Tallon got in Florida. Jack Gordon would have looked like a hero if had inherited the great youthful core Gillis inherited from previous management. Unfortunately for Nonis he never got a chance to see them hit their prime.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Every single last GM in the league, other than expansion teams, inherit assets. This point is consistently weak dude.
Nowhere near what Gillis inherited here other than what Burke inherited in Anaheim, but at least he won the cup. That being said, Burkes aquisitions of Pronger, Neidermeyer, Selanne and Beauchimen were fucking brilliant.

I wonder how Gillis would have done with a roster full of shite assets like say what Feaster got in Calgary after Daryl Sutter fucked that team over or what Tallon got in Florida. Jack Gordon would have looked like a hero if had inherited the great youthful core Gillis inherited from previous management. Unfortunately for Nonis he never got a chance to see them hit their prime.
Nonuts inherited what Burkie left him in Vancouver. It's all chasing tails. Nonis has almost NOTHING to do with this Toronto team and their recent success. NOTHING Dude. If anything, Nonis running around championing Burkies work is a bigger joke than Gillis inheriting Edler and Schneider FFS

Drafting Bourdon over Kopitar was a massive fuck up. I don't remember how many of us were screaming for his head after that one... Sure it's somewhat unfair given Luc and his death but looking at how AK turned out, it's pretty hard not to see how much better this team would be today. Luc most likely develops into a player something like Bieksa or B.Jackman maybe but a 6'4" 220lb Center who skates like the wind and has a shot like that? Come on Nonis...you fuck

His team was going backwards when he got canned if you remember. Missed the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years.

He drafting was less than exemplary---Drafting Schneids(26th), Edler(91st) and Hansen(287th)...yes good job but Grabner(14th) was a fuckin joke from day 1 and then he goes with White(25th)???? What other draft table triumphs does he have to show for his time here? I cant remember anything else...

So far(and it's pretty early) Gillis has done a decent job with his picks. Not great but decent. We can blow snot about this all day long but in the end your hate for the guy is irrational. So what is it...you have an eye-bag phobia?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Nonuts inherited what Burkie left him in Vancouver. It's all chasing tails. Nonis has almost NOTHING to do with this Toronto team and their recent success. NOTHING Dude.
So, it was the work of the previous GM as to why the leaves made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years? I'm getting a serious case of Deja Vu right now.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Nonuts inherited what Burkie left him in Vancouver. It's all chasing tails. Nonis has almost NOTHING to do with this Toronto team and their recent success. NOTHING Dude.
So, it was the work of the previous GM as to why the leaves made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years? I'm getting a serious case of Deja Vu right now.
U tell me what he has done for them? Has he made a trade? Drafted anyone?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Nonuts inherited what Burkie left him in Vancouver. It's all chasing tails. Nonis has almost NOTHING to do with this Toronto team and their recent success. NOTHING Dude. If anything, Nonis running around championing Burkies work is a bigger joke than Gillis inheriting Edler and Schneider FFS

Drafting Bourdon over Kopitar was a massive fuck up. I don't remember how many of us were screaming for his head after that one... Sure it's somewhat unfair given Luc and his death but looking at how AK turned out, it's pretty hard not to see how much better this team would be today. Luc most likely develops into a player something like Bieksa or B.Jackman maybe but a 6'4" 220lb Center who skates like the wind and has a shot like that? Come on Nonis...you fuck

His team was going backwards when he got canned if you remember. Missed the playoffs 2 out of the 3 years.

He drafting was less than exemplary---Drafting Schneids(26th), Edler(91st) and Hansen(287th)...yes good job but Grabner(14th) was a fuckin joke from day 1 and then he goes with White(25th)???? What other draft table triumphs does he have to show for his time here? I cant remember anything else...

So far(and it's pretty early) Gillis has done a decent job with his picks. Not great but decent. We can blow snot about this all day long but in the end your hate for the guy is irrational. So what is it...you have an eye-bag phobia?
Everyplace needs a Village Idiot :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sure it's somewhat unfair given Luc and his death
I agree, who knows what may have become of Bourdon, he could have been a Chelios or a Ballard. I won't bring this up again.