The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm

ukcanuck wrote:

I got a new hate on for Nonis because as a Burnaby native he has added himself to the list of Toronto assholes who have tried to stick it to Vancouver. You're right he doesn't owe the Vancouver franchise anything and needs to do the best job he can for the leafs but he could do that easily enough without taking the low road that he did with Luongo...

Fuck him from now on...


LMAO. Low Road? That's called 'IT'S JUST BUSINESS'

Fucking suck it up buttercup

And please, tell me, how the fuck is Nonis looking out the best interest of his team low class compared to the shit Gillis said at his hiring? You won't low road, that was fucking low road my friend. I don't blame Nonis for playing poker

It must drive you crazy seeing how we need RH D-men right now and that Nonis traded for a player that is exactly what this team could use right now.

Gillis should have kept Rome.
Last edited by RoyalDude on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:in fact if not for your constant trolling being such an easy target...

Anyway yeah I miss not only the banter but the insight as well...


WRONG! You just have a problem with my opinions and so to help yourself sleep at night, ya just chalk me up as a troll. Yes, I am opinionated and my opinions are not popular around here, but they are all within the realms of good ole hockey debating. You just can't handle it and by thaty get all ad hominem by calling me a troll in which that means, you lose.

Hey lets get it straight I don't always disagree with your opinions it the "proof" or lack thereof that I disagree with...
your tactics are of the kangaroo court variety and you know better half the time.

As a matter of fact calling out your troll was is a compliment. I am assuming your trying to get under people's skin rather than just being plain dumb...


Gilly may very well be a shitty GM but its not for the reasons you keep putting forward
Booth maybe better suited elsewhere but not because he's a Jesus freak
Ballard I'd high priced and may not be worth the coin but you always ignore the circumstances in which Gillis traded for him...
The list goes on and on...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Do you have a feeling that the Islanders or the Capitals will go very far? Because those are the only playoff teams with more goals against than Toronto. They've allowed 13 more goals than any of the playoff bound Canadian teams. Their GA is closer to the Oilers (TO @ 113, EDM @ 115).

What I'm trying to say is, when you're in the bottom-half of the league in GA, I don't like your chances of doing much in the playoffs. Especially away @ Boston, a better defensive team, with a better goalie, and a much better goal differential (same for Montreal BTW).

As Canucks fans know, scoring is harder in the playoffs.

I imagine we can forgive Leaf fans for this mistake. It's been a while :lol:


I find this earlier response to Paddy's thread here quite interesting. The two hottest teams in the Eastern Conference heading into the playoffs are, yes, you guessed it, the Capitals and Islanders.

The Capitals are 9-1-0 and the Islanders are 8-0-2

You must always be wary of teams heading into the playoffs who are on a hot streak.

The Islanders, Leafs and Washington are the bottom 3 in Goals against of the Eastern Conference playoff teams

Islanders - 131
Leafs - 124
Capitals - 123

In Goals For of Eastern Conference playoff teams

Capitals are 2nd best behind the Penguins with 140
Leafs are 4th best with 138
Islanders are 5th best with 134 (Michael Grabner 2nd on team behind Tavares with 16 goals)

BUT WHEN COMPARING BOTH CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAMS AT THE MOMENT, The Blackhawks only rate higher than the Capitals, Leafs and Islanders in goals for. The Canucks are 4th in the Western in Conference in GF with 121 goals.

It's interesting that in the Eastern Conference Goal Scoring is what's working and in the Western Conference it's the opposite whereas Goals Against is getting the job done

It may come down to GA vs GF in the Stanley Cup this year

Either way, I don't have much faith in the Canucks as we saw in the Finals agains the Bruins that we couldn't score and in the first round against the Kings we couldn't score. So the long and short of it is, Goals Against does us no fucking good. And that in the end, goal scoring will be our nemesis once again. And our strength - goaltending, is going to be taken to task with the loss of our only two RH D-men in Bieksa and Tanev. Should have traded for O'Byrne, Gillis ya nimrod.

The bottom line is, if the Canucks miraculously make it to the Finals, our goaltending is going to have to be lights out in order for us to win. Cause scoring and the PP is not our forte. It hasn't been since that infamous Bruins game half way through last season. Nice job fixing that, Gillis.

Grabner - 16 goals
Hodgson - 15 goals

Kassian 1 goal in his last 28 games
Booth 1 empty net goal in 11 games.

and please, no whining about CoHo's and Grabners defense. Kassian and Booth are no better.

This year

Grabner is a PLUS 4
Booth is a minus 3
CoHo is a minus 5
KASSIAN IS A MINUS 7

How the fuck does Kassian be a minus 7 on a defense first team like the Canucks? I can understand CoHo's stats cause the Sabres suck at defense but Kassian?


:lol:

I think I finally got you figured out there BD, you play the role of Pilate, you know, from the bible?

You sit on top of your throne (aka the drunktank, btw bud, noon on a Sunday is pretty early to be so hammered...just say'n, cause I really like you :wink: )

Soooo you sit and pass judgement upon the world because...you have no clue as to how it actually works, you have nothing, all you have is people around you doing things, something and you ahve no control over it. You got bupkiss, none of your arguments would hold up in (Roman) court...

There is no actual proof to what you say, Hodgson was/is better than Kassian, Grabner would be better because we need more offence, truth is, and I say this again, I like the troll in you, spices up the board from the usual nimrods ('Hi' PaddyLeafer :D )
you haven't a clue...

I guess we have to wait until the year is over to really pass judgement eh?! And then wait another 5 to see how the whole thing actually plays out...

Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, Who in the hell do you think you are?

You're a Superstar 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

I got a new hate on for Nonis because as a Burnaby native he has added himself to the list of Toronto assholes who have tried to stick it to Vancouver. You're right he doesn't owe the Vancouver franchise anything and needs to do the best job he can for the leafs but he could do that easily enough without taking the low road that he did with Luongo...

Fuck him from now on...


LMAO. Low Road? That's called 'IT'S JUST BUSINESS'

Fucking suck it up buttercup

And please, tell me, how the fuck is Nonis looking out the best interest of his team low class compared to the shit Gillis said at his hiring? You won't low road, that was fucking low road my friend. I don't blame Nonis for playing poker

It must drive you crazy seeing how we need RH D-men right now and that Nonis traded for a player that is exactly what this team could use right now.

Gillis should have kept Rome.


The Luongo deal was categorically a personal revenge move, even you have had a grand laugh over it. That makes it personal and not good business. Making it personal is never good business...


What Gillis said was bogus but it was just words, Aquaman is the one who fired Nonis and bears any responsibility.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:in fact if not for your constant trolling being such an easy target...

Anyway yeah I miss not only the banter but the insight as well...


WRONG! You just have a problem with my opinions and so to help yourself sleep at night, ya just chalk me up as a troll. Yes, I am opinionated and my opinions are not popular around here, but they are all within the realms of good ole hockey debating. You just can't handle it and by thaty get all ad hominem by calling me a troll in which that means, you lose.

Hey lets get it straight I don't always disagree with your opinions it the "proof" or lack thereof that I disagree with...
your tactics are of the kangaroo court variety and you know better half the time.

As a matter of fact calling out your troll was is a compliment. I am assuming your trying to get under people's skin rather than just being plain dumb...


Gilly may very well be a shitty GM but its not for the reasons you keep putting forward
Booth maybe better suited elsewhere but not because he's a Jesus freak
Ballard I'd high priced and may not be worth the coin but you always ignore the circumstances in which Gillis traded for him...
The list goes on and on...


I just slag Booth's jesus freakness out of fun. I simply do not like him as a player and he is a terrible fit here, as well as Ballard, yet they have fucking stupid contracts for what we get out of them that will either end up costing Aquaman money to buy them out or be a fucking hinderance for Gillis when it comes time to dealing with his cap situation this summer

Bad GM'ing on Mikey's part and that simply is the bane of my frustration with him, that and his drafting and not getting a better return on CoHo, and letting guys like Rome go and wasting time on players who simply were not going to sign here, blah, blah, blah. He sucks as a GM, great executive, but sucks as a GM. He should be a President like Lowe.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:in fact if not for your constant trolling being such an easy target...

Anyway yeah I miss not only the banter but the insight as well...


WRONG! You just have a problem with my opinions and so to help yourself sleep at night, ya just chalk me up as a troll. Yes, I am opinionated and my opinions are not popular around here, but they are all within the realms of good ole hockey debating. You just can't handle it and by thaty get all ad hominem by calling me a troll in which that means, you lose.



:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Debating?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A debate means you give your opinion and then back it up with a helluvalot more than you have ever put forward.

Your opinions are only unpopular because you rant and rave but never actually put your neck out there to say what could have been done instead.

And btw, I think you need to look up the full definition and application of words/phrases before you use them. Or at least use them in their entirety.

And while uk is often a bit out to lunch IMO, he has never lost anything to you, RD.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 pm

ukcanuck wrote:.


Aquaman is the one who fired Nonis and bears any responsibility.


Who gives a fuck who fired Nonis, it's what Gillis said at his press conference hiring, not to mention the guy is hands down the most arrogant GM this team has ever seen. He definitely has an undeserving high self opinion on himself that was quite evident from his first day on the job.

The bottom line, if it weren't for the previous GM's to Gillis core that they built whom Gillis has been riding on ever since. Gillis would not be looking like the hero you think he is cause it's quite clear he is shite at trading and drafting.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:23 pm

oh no, here comes uk's last and only reinforcement. :rofl:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Meds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:in fact if not for your constant trolling being such an easy target...

Anyway yeah I miss not only the banter but the insight as well...


WRONG! You just have a problem with my opinions and so to help yourself sleep at night, ya just chalk me up as a troll. Yes, I am opinionated and my opinions are not popular around here, but they are all within the realms of good ole hockey debating. You just can't handle it and by thaty get all ad hominem by calling me a troll in which that means, you lose.



:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Debating?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A debate means you give your opinion and then back it up with a helluvalot more than you have ever put forward.



Hey AV/Edler hater, how am I not backing myself up here? It's the other way around.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 pm

RoyalDude wrote:It must drive you crazy seeing how we need RH D-men right now and that Nonis traded for a player that is exactly what this team could use right now.

Gillis should have kept Rome.


Rome was a slow skating guy who missed assignments as much as Alberts.

Rome also shoots LEFT.

Not sure how you get to your opinions on what Gillis should have done.....
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:.


Aquaman is the one who fired Nonis and bears any responsibility.


Who gives a fuck who fired Nonis, it's what Gillis said at his press conference hiring, not to mention the guy is hands down the most arrogant GM this team has ever seen. He definitely has an undeserving high self opinion on himself that was quite evident from his first day on the job.

The bottom line, if it weren't for the previous GM's to Gillis core that they built whom Gillis has been riding on ever since. Gillis would not be looking like the hero you think he is cause it's quite clear he is shite at trading and drafting.

Oh tell me great dude-ifferus, when have I ever said that Gillis is a hero??

You're trolling again/still, just because I don't think we should run Gillis out if town in a rail and I don't agree that every move he has made was a mistake, I'm a gillis lover...?

truth is Burke/Nonis/Gillis are linked to the edition of the Canucks if they win the cup with this line up or if they don't all your whining will change nada
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Arachnid wrote: :lol:

I think I finally got you figured out there BD, you play the role of Pilate, you know, from the bible?

You sit on top of your throne (aka the drunktank, btw bud, noon on a Sunday is pretty early to be so hammered...just say'n, cause I really like you :wink: )

Soooo you sit and pass judgement upon the world because...you have no clue as to how it actually works, you have nothing, all you have is people around you doing things, something and you ahve no control over it. You got bupkiss, none of your arguments would hold up in (Roman) court...

There is no actual proof to what you say, Hodgson was/is better than Kassian, Grabner would be better because we need more offence, truth is, and I say this again, I like the troll in you, spices up the board from the usual nimrods ('Hi' PaddyLeafer :D )
you haven't a clue...

I guess we have to wait until the year is over to really pass judgement eh?! And then wait another 5 to see how the whole thing actually plays out...

Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, Who in the hell do you think you are?

You're a Superstar 8-)


Arachnid, have you not figured it out by now that my lack of responding to you means that I have a very low opinion of your hockey insight. You are simply not challenging to me, but just more like comic relief of something. I'm just not sure what it is to be honest with you. You are like a gnat chewing at my ankles. Does that help explain where I am coming from with regards to my feelings towards you? Other than that, you do like some music that I like, so maybe seeing a couple gigs and pissing it up might be where you and I might click. Other than that, go away
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Meds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:It must drive you crazy seeing how we need RH D-men right now and that Nonis traded for a player that is exactly what this team could use right now.

Gillis should have kept Rome.


Rome was a slow skating guy who missed assignments as much as Alberts.

Rome also shoots LEFT.

Not sure how you get to your opinions on what Gillis should have done.....


Rome, of all of our LH D-men at the time as a Canuck was the most capable of playing the right side
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Meds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:It must drive you crazy seeing how we need RH D-men right now and that Nonis traded for a player that is exactly what this team could use right now.

Gillis should have kept Rome.


Rome was a slow skating guy who missed assignments as much as Alberts.

Rome also shoots LEFT.

Not sure how you get to your opinions on what Gillis should have done.....


Rome, of all of our LH D-men at the time as a Canuck was the most capable of playing the right side


I think Arachnid put it best.....

You're clueless.

Uk summed it up too. You simply are a troll. It's your goal in life when it comes to this board.

There are 2 reasons, and 2 reasons alone that you get responses from many people here.

1. There is no ignore feature on this board.

2. You're trollish responses are amusing and it's very easy to get the desired irrational response from you. Especially when you start firing off at everyone and contradicting yourself as regularly as you do.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote: :lol:

I think I finally got you figured out there BD, you play the role of Pilate, you know, from the bible?

You sit on top of your throne (aka the drunktank, btw bud, noon on a Sunday is pretty early to be so hammered...just say'n, cause I really like you :wink: )

Soooo you sit and pass judgement upon the world because...you have no clue as to how it actually works, you have nothing, all you have is people around you doing things, something and you ahve no control over it. You got bupkiss, none of your arguments would hold up in (Roman) court...

There is no actual proof to what you say, Hodgson was/is better than Kassian, Grabner would be better because we need more offence, truth is, and I say this again, I like the troll in you, spices up the board from the usual nimrods ('Hi' PaddyLeafer :D )
you haven't a clue...

I guess we have to wait until the year is over to really pass judgement eh?! And then wait another 5 to see how the whole thing actually plays out...

Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ, Who in the hell do you think you are?

You're a Superstar 8-)


Arachnid, have you not figured it out by now that my lack of responding to you means that I have a very low opinion of your hockey insight. You are simply not challenging to me, but just more like comic relief of something. I'm just not sure what it is to be honest with you. You are like a gnat chewing at my ankles. Does that help explain where I am coming from with regards to my feelings towards you? Other than that, you do like some music that I like, so maybe seeing a couple gigs and pissing it up might be where you and I might click. Other than that, go away


Why are you so mean to me my alcoholic friend?

I'm your last defender on here...go ahead, ask anyone, they would surely pick the Court Jester over an idiot with a stupid angry opinion.
How can you be serious about a corporate professional hockey team/league that you are just a 'fan' of. You have Zero qualifications, you are a bitter aging fucktard that has always been nothing more than a troll that throws out baseless accusations like a spurned schoolgirl...your vitriol is almost personal sometimes, like you are taking something out on people you don't know (kinda like a Dr. we all know and love :wink: ).
I have and do play organized hockey so I think I can offer a thing or two about it (I've even coached with pretty good success).
But I won't because what the fuck do I know, it's just my own personal opinion and it's does nothing for this team.
What exactly makes your bullshit any better than my bullshit? Or better than our GM? 8-)

As I have said many times, it's fun but what the fuck do we know? Perspective is everything. Ours is fanatical...Now being a fan, that's everything and being a father is everything so I suggest you lay down the bottle and go outside and get some fresh air with the kids.

Really, everything will be alright if you just let it. And if it isn't then you can always become a Laugh fan, like your family is :D
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests