OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Arachnid »

vic wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Funny I don't remember seeing Vic post on the Toronto stiff thread but he sounds just like those fucking assholes that think the leaves matter...

lA is a good club just like Anaheim and Chicago are and we've done alright against them all year WITHOUT Kesler OR a full squad so lets pretend we are all Canucks shall we ViC?
Can't be further from the truth - I don't think the leaves matter, as a matter of fact, I would love to see them lose out the rest of the year and finish in 9th.

Edmonton and Colorado beat Chicago as well this year.
They also each beat LA
Colorado just beat ANA a few games ago.

What's your point?

I HOPE the Canucks win the cup, when it comes to hockey, nothing would make me happier. I just don't think AV has what it takes to do it...
I'll be the first to admit that here is something missing this year, haven't chalked it up to something wrong though like so many bandwagon jumpers have though.

But really, when it comes down to it what do any of us armchair GMs know? We are not privy to the inner workings of the mighty Canucks organization (although HW seems to date them :eh: )

We kinda have feeling that someone might be playing injured because they are not performing to a previous capacity.

When it comes down to it though we are all Canuck fans and of course want them to win (even BakerDud does, despite his eternal quest to be prove himself right and prays for AV & MG to lose and be fired).

I make no bones of how much I hate the league and the union and how they have ruined a game I love. The lock-out was total bullshit and only hurt the fans and working class people.
I hate the long regular season and useless long pre-season. I live for the playoffs and only the playoffs.
This is where anyone and any team can win it. They can be upset or upset any other team. Or the puck luck is with them and them make it to the Final.
This is where faith comes in. We have to believe and support comes in.
The off-season is for bitching and whining and stupid ideas (some are actually brilliant).

How can we be so miserable when we are 1st in our division, 3rd in the Conference, 7th over-all and looking to make the playoffs?
We have some pretty good talent and the injured are hopefully back soon?

For now, let's just look at the 2013 lock-out shortened Stanley Cup Championship Playoffs as a new season.

We are who we are and anything can and will happen because Puck happens 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

vic wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Funny I don't remember seeing Vic post on the Toronto stiff thread but he sounds just like those fucking assholes that think the leaves matter...

lA is a good club just like Anaheim and Chicago are and we've done alright against them all year WITHOUT Kesler OR a full squad so lets pretend we are all Canucks shall we ViC?
Can't be further from the truth - I don't think the leaves matter, as a matter of fact, I would love to see them lose out the rest of the year and finish in 9th.

Edmonton and Colorado beat Chicago as well this year.
They also each beat LA
Colorado just beat ANA a few games ago.

What's your point?

I HOPE the Canucks win the cup, when it comes to hockey, nothing would make me happier. I just don't think AV has what it takes to do it...
What's my point ?!

Ha ha! No chance a Canuck team coached by AV is going to beat the Kings this year.

It took him 3 tries to figure out Chicago, and even then his squad almost blew it.
You do not sound like a Canuck fan with this "no chance" crap

And you don't sound very knowledgable either.

Chicago had a better squad both times they beat the Canucks, they weren't out coached...
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

ukcanuck wrote: You do not sound like a Canuck fan with this "no chance" crap
I'm a huge Canucks fan, just not a delusional one...
ukcanuck wrote: And you don't sound very knowledgable either.

Chicago had a better squad both times they beat the Canucks, they weren't out coached...
When's the last time the Canucks, coached by AV, beat a team better than them in a playoff series? Every time they face a better team than themselves, they lose and that's either a lack of coaching or the players tuning out the coach's message. Either way, it's a lot easier to find a new bench boss than it is to find a new core group of players.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

vic wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: You do not sound like a Canuck fan with this "no chance" crap
I'm a huge Canucks fan, just not a delusional one...
ukcanuck wrote: And you don't sound very knowledgable either.

When's the last time the Canucks, coached by AV, beat a team better than them in a playoff series? Every time they face a better team than themselves, they lose and that's either a lack of coaching or the players tuning out the coach's message. Either way, it's a lot easier to find a new bench boss than it is to find a new core group of players.
Not a delusional fan !?
You need to look up fanatic in a dictionary dude :)

As for beating a better team that doesn't usually happen in seven game series, that's why it's best of seven, to make sure the BETTER team wins .

One would need Jesus to be the coach to get a team with lesser players beat a superior team.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

vic wrote:
We get rid of AV, this team wins Stanley Cups like no tomorrow. We all of a sudden start scoring 5 on 5 and on the PP. Players like Booth, Kassian and Ballard turn into overnight superstars. The Sedins stop aging. Right shot defenseman turn up everywhere and our prospect pool becomes the best in the league and we trade Luongo for Bjugstad, Kulikov and a 1st round pick.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Pretty good game for CoHo nd Ehrhoff last night. -3 and -5 respectively.

Team gives up 5 goals in 178 seconds and Brad Richards gets his first ever NHL hat trick.

Impressive.

:thumbs:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Not a delusional fan !?
You need to look up fanatic in a dictionary dude :)

As for beating a better team that doesn't usually happen in seven game series, that's why it's best of seven, to make sure the BETTER team wins .

One would need Jesus to be the coach to get a team with lesser players beat a superior team.
So are you comparing Mike Babcock, Daryl Sutter, and Craig MacTavish, to Jesus?

The 2003 Ducks, the 2004 Flames, and the 2006 Oilers, were all inferior teams that knocked out teams with superior players en route to the big dance. All of them came up a game short of winning, but the "lesser" team won in 3 of 4 series.

The Ducks beat the defending champs, Detroit, in round 1. They beat the Dallas Stars in round 2. And took out the Wild in the conference finals. Though Minnesota was nothing special, just riding hot goalies and team defense. They still finished ahead of the the Ducks though. Regardless, Babcock found a way to get the team to buy in and exceed their potential. Giguere also got really hot.

The Flames beat the NW Div winning Canucks in round 1, they beat the first overall Red Wings in round 2, and took out the Sharks in the conference final. All of those teams were better teams in terms of individual players. Kiprusoff just got really hot and the coach found a way to maximize his team's potential.

The Oilers took out the first overall team, Detroit, in round 1. They beat 2nd overall San Jose in round 2, and carried on to take out Anaheim in the conference finals. Edmonton had nobody on their team that would have been a top 3 forward on their opponent's roster. Roloson was crazy hot and MacT got the team to give 110% from the puck drop to the final horn.

So a good coach CAN, and HAS, gotten a team of lesser players to beat a team of superior players.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:Pretty good game for CoHo nd Ehrhoff last night. -3 and -5 respectively.

Team gives up 5 goals in 178 seconds and Brad Richards gets his first ever NHL hat trick.

Impressive.

:thumbs:
Yeah, :lol: I thought that was awesome! Everyone thought they had turned it around and BAM! They shit the bed....happy golfing Mr. Hodgson...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

vic wrote: Every time they face a better team than themselves, they lose and that's either a lack of coaching or the players tuning out the coach's message.
Uh, no. Most of the time, it's neither coaching or the players tuning out the coach. It's that simple fact that when two teams meet in a seven game series and one is better than the other, the better team usually wins.

Yes, sure, sometimes the worse team beats the better team, but how often do you expect that to happen? Do you expect AV to do that every year?

Usually, we don't just lose to teams that are better than us, we lose to teams that hoist the cup that year. (2007, 2010, 2011, 2012). In fact, we are the only team that has had the misfortune of meeting (and losing to, obviously) the cup champs the last three years. (in other words, we are the only team that gets beaten only by the best, every other team gets beaten by losers! :)

Which of those teams was AV supposed to outcoach over a seven game series given what he had to work with?
Last edited by darren on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

darren wrote:
vic wrote: Every time they face a better team than themselves, they lose and that's either a lack of coaching or the players tuning out the coach's message.
Uh, no. Most of the time, it's neither coaching or the players tuning out the coach. It's that simple fact that when two teams meet in a seven game series and one is better than the other, the better team usually wins.

When it comes to some teams, they can be amazing on paper, very successful in the regular season, but complete duds in the playoffs.

We're just the new Sharks now. We've just gone one round further than they ever have.

I don't think having better players, skill-wise and stat-wise, is the real difference. I think a coach that gets the team motivated and has them all buying in and playing as a unit.....that coach will always stand a better chance of success regardless of the individuals on the roster.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Mëds Said:
I don't think having better players, skill-wise and stat-wise, is the real difference.

I agree .. The Sedins are highly skilled and have great regular season stats but both Chicago and Boston
uses good defence and a good tough ( or aggravating ) checking line to completely dominate them..
As they are our top offensive line and the key to our PP.. We lose ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Mëds wrote: I don't think having better players, skill-wise and stat-wise, is the real difference. I think a coach that gets the team motivated and has them all buying in and playing as a unit.....that coach will always stand a better chance of success regardless of the individuals on the roster.
OK, we've lost to the Cup champs the last three years (we are the only team who has done so, everyone else gets beaten by losers). Tell me which of those three teams AV was supposed to outcoach, given what he had to work with. I'll wait.
Last edited by darren on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

darren wrote:Tell me which of those three teams AV was supposed to outcoach, given what he had to work with. I'll wait.
Chicago, Boston and LA :evil:
If you need air...call it in
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
darren wrote:Tell me which of those three teams AV was supposed to outcoach, given what he had to work with. I'll wait.
So AV sucks unless we win the Cup every year? Hey, sounds reasonable to me! :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

darren wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
So AV sucks unless we win the Cup every year? Hey, sounds reasonable to me! :lol:
You have to admit...it would go along way towards a counter argument :?
If you need air...call it in