Cup Poll.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you think Vancouver will win the Cup this year? No qualifications.

Yes.
41%
No.
59%

Total votes: 44

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Cup Poll.

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:If they can get and stay healthy they have a good shot.

Unfortunatly this team never "gets" or "stays" healthy...
I would like to think it comes down to just being healthy; but man there have been some pretty uninspired hockey games latley against teams that were sellers on trade deadline day. I get league parity and I get the fact that these teams are loose and have nothing to lose but if the Canucks don't go into the playoffs on a bit of a roll from here on in I think they're going to last 5-6 games max.
Totally agree. It's not the losses bow how shitty they've looked in losing. Terrible D-zone breakdowns all year long. If not for our goaltending we'd be sitting here planning on a top 10 pick in my opinion

If Vinyo hangs in there next year, I would like to see a better defensive hockey mind replace Rick Bowness. Whatever he's bringing to the party aint working any more.
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Too many leaves blowers here!

I BELIEVE the Canucks will win the Cup every year, this is no exception.

:drink:

To all you who voted no....

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:Too many leaves blowers here!

So far it seems that Canuckscorner is comprised of only 36% who understand what the word FAN means...

If you are not with us you are against us

The axis of evil pervades even here.....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote:
I BELIEVE
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote:Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.
OK then, if they do not believe, then you and all your fellow monkey bandwagoneers have to jump of the cliff and can not participate in any celebrations... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.
OK then, if they do not believe, then you and all your fellow monkey bandwagoneers have to jump of the cliff and can not participate in any celebrations... 8-)
Exactly! the " I'll wait to see how they do" bandwagon leaves the station at a different platform :evil:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:
fanaticism [fəˈnætɪˌsɪzəm]
n
wildly excessive or irrational devotion, dedication, or enthusiasm
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:
That's correct...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote:
fanaticism [fəˈnætɪˌsɪzəm]
n
wildly excessive or irrational devotion, dedication, or enthusiasm
So where does it end...huh? Uk and Spidey headed to "Canuck Fan Jannah" via the pressure cooker highway?
Soldiers of the Canuck Jihad Liberation Front

:lol: Once your there the team shall acquire 72 1st round draft picks? :lol:
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Arachnid wrote:
The question used the word think, as in reason, not belief, as in faith...I grow the playoff beard etc as a ritual of faith (thereby re-asserting and expressing my belief) but as a matter of reason I do not 'think' they are going to win it, no. The bandwagon has no meaning to me, I was born on it and will die on it...there's no jump on jump off and jump back on again option.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Aaronp18 wrote:Too many leaves blowers here!

Right fucking on. Of course we will win the Cup this year. Otherwise why would I watch so closely? I am a fan but I am also a big homer without reward and I believe in our team. They all got warts.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Screw being rational. This is our team and I need to BELIEVE they will win.

Otherwise WTF is the point!

Sure we can be perfectly logical about things and look at the past, look at our flaws, realize only 1 of 30 teams will actually win the Cup. The odds aren't in our favour and never will be.

Playoffs = Get in, then just win!!

I think we will get healthy, I think luck will be on our side finally, I think we will see this team play their game for 60 minutes during the playoffs. They will win 16 games!

It's OK to admit we aren't perfect, and look at what the team needs to work on but why doubt what we have. This is the team we are going into the playoffs with this year, there's no more additions (just getting healthy). They have my full support and I believe they will win the Stanley Cup this year.

Once the season is over we can talk about changes that need to be made. Time to become that fanatic and ride this team until there's no games left.

I cheer for the Canucks and right now I don't care who is on that team, all I know is that the real season is starting soon and we have shot at the Stanley Cup.

:towel:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
The question used the word think, as in reason, not belief, as in faith...I grow the playoff beard etc as a ritual of faith (thereby re-asserting and expressing my belief) but as a matter of reason I do not 'think' they are going to win it, no. The bandwagon has no meaning to me, I was born on it and will die on it...there's no jump on jump off and jump back on again option.
Well is Hockey a Religion(Faith) or a Sport(Science) for you? You kinda have to make up your mind here.
Gods and Demi-Gods exist because we believe in them. Our Sports heroes are our Demi-Gods, we put them on pedestals and worship them (deservedly or not) so if you use reason and Think then you lack Faith and your Hockey fandom is reduced to Logistics and the Science of the Sport, your Traditions are nothing more than Habits.

Trying reaching down (not your balls per usual) and finding a little more Faith in your Team, they really can feel if the Fans have it in them...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)