04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Tiger » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is it me, or do other teams continue to have a field day with the Sedins without any retribution?

This team has tiny little squirrel balls. I hate watching them get bitch slapped night in and night out by little runts like Stephan Robidas and nobody steps up for them. It's a fuckin joke actually


* hmmm Sedin's playing like bitches get bitchslapped by guys 20 lbs lighter ? Truth is they got the lack of balls..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Having stars that need protecting sucks.


Nobody fucked with Thomas Gradin back then, why? His linemates were Smyl and Fraser. Then you had dingbat nut jobs like Williams and Delorme following up.

Maybe if they were seperated...
Kassian-H.Sedin-Burrows
Hansen-Kesler-D.Sedin
Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Might balance out the pussy-to-asshole ratio
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Tiger wrote:
* hmmm Sedin's playing like bitches get bitchslapped by guys 20 lbs lighter ? Truth is they got the lack of balls..


I do agree that those two need to stick somebody just to show they have some spine but that being said, I don't see teams doing this to the likes of Datsyuk, Zetterberg etc. It's a strange phenomena. Either way, it's fucking embarrassing to watch.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby griz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:56 pm

pussy-to-asshole


Asshole to Pussy is not recommended.
griz
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Meds » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:57 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Is it me, or do other teams continue to have a field day with the Sedins without any retribution? I should ask Meds if this is AV's fault. Odds are, it is.


This is both AV and Gillis' fault.

Kassian was brought in to provide that physical presence that we needed up front. In the early games of the season when he was out there with the Sedins he had 5 goals in 7 games, and NOBODY fucked with the Sedins. Kass was also doing his share of carrying that line. Then Vigneault felt that the Sedins weren't getting enough points and so he moved Bur back to spark them. It worked. But the Sedins were suddenly pushed around and getting roughed up continually. Nobody is afraid of a guard dog when it's chained up and behind a fence.

So Vigneault gets some blame here.

Gillis gets some blame here too, he should be telling Vigneault to smarten up, he's AV's boss after all. We can't fault Gillis for a lack of guys who would smash guys around for touching the Twins and adding some toughness to the lineup. He went hard after Clowe, immediately replaced Volpattie with Sestito. If a guy isn't available, or chooses elsewhere, that is NOT the GM or coach's fault.

Both of them are at fault for sticking to a system of "we'll get them back on the PP" when the last 3 years have proven that the league and officials are NOT going to give them that opportunity most of the time.....and this is especially irrelevant when the team can't score on the PP.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Reefer2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Having stars that need protecting sucks.


Nobody fucked with Thomas Gradin back then, why? His linemates were Smyl and Fraser. Then you had dingbat nut jobs like Williams and Delorme following up.

Maybe if they were seperated...
Kassian-H.Sedin-Burrows
Hansen-Kesler-D.Sedin
Raymond-Roy-Higgins

Might balance out the pussy-to-asshole ratio


I have been thinking about this too, time to really change it up but alas AV will do nothing.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Meds » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:That said, the 'Nucks are tired, last game of a 5 game road trip, missing 2 key D men and playing a Dallas team desparate to get a win.
The canucks are on cruise control until the playoffs.
A crappy game, but not the end of the world.


And those are the EXACT same excuses we heard/read/made in each of the last few seasons. 2011 they cruised in, but they dominated in that cruise. Apart from a few games where they shit the bed, but those were wake up calls for a team that actually KNEW HOW to win.

If they are on cruise control until the playoffs (which makes no sense since they have yet to clinch) then they will be on cruise control until they hit the golf course 5 games after the playoffs begin.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Hank » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:02 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Tiger wrote:
* hmmm Sedin's playing like bitches get bitchslapped by guys 20 lbs lighter ? Truth is they got the lack of balls..


I do agree that those two need to stick somebody just to show they have some spine but that being said, I don't see teams doing this to the likes of Datsyuk, Zetterberg etc. It's a strange phenomena. Either way, it's fucking embarrassing to watch.


When push comes to shove, those guys will probably push back with some stickwork and smack talk at least. Sedins? Let's waste another power play opportunity!

It's actually pretty sad to watch the same recipe over and over to defeat your Vancouver Canucks. Even the Flames with AHLers were killing them everywhere but the scoreboard.

It's absolutely the coaching staff's fault. If something is proven not to work, let's keep on doing it.
Hank
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Reefer2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Meds wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:That said, the 'Nucks are tired, last game of a 5 game road trip, missing 2 key D men and playing a Dallas team desparate to get a win.
The canucks are on cruise control until the playoffs.
A crappy game, but not the end of the world.


And those are the EXACT same excuses we heard/read/made in each of the last few seasons. 2011 they cruised in, but they dominated in that cruise. Apart from a few games where they shit the bed, but those were wake up calls for a team that actually KNEW HOW to win.

If they are on cruise control until the playoffs (which makes no sense since they have yet to clinch) then they will be on cruise control until they hit the golf course 5 games after the playoffs begin.


Agree Meds, every year nothing but excuses why they lost and MG/AV does nothing differently the following year.

I have about 30+ year before I become old and senile hope they win while I can still remember it.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Meds » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Can somebody explain to me why Meds is not coaching this team instead of AV? Apparently Kassian would be a superstar if it weren't for AV.


Where did I say that?

I hope you win the powerball soon RD, cuz once you buy the team from Gillis you'll be able to build the team that Vigneault could do something with. I mean afterall, you know exactly who should come in and who shouldn't.

No wait.....

You just know who should be moved out and who were bad signings.

Still waiting for who you would have signed and who you would have traded away in exchange for who.

Still waiting.

Until then you're a loser. A complete loser.

But you know this.

:roll:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 pm

I've been following the Nucks for a long fucking time now, this group, hands down is one of the wimpiest groups this organization has ever seen. I'm just not talking about goon factor, just general, overall back bone from top to bottom.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Meds wrote:Where did I say that?

I hope you win the powerball soon RD, cuz once you buy the team from Gillis you'll be able to build the team that Vigneault could do something with. I mean afterall, you know exactly who should come in and who shouldn't.

No wait.....

You just know who should be moved out and who were bad signings.

Still waiting for who you would have signed and who you would have traded away in exchange for who.

Still waiting.

Until then you're a loser. A complete loser.

But you know this.

:roll:


Here's the difference between you and I, Meds, when it comes to all things Canucks. You look for scapegoats, lower guys down the totem pole to throw under the bus. Me? I got straight to the top, the man in charge, the architect, the puppet master, string puller, top dog, king pin, buck stops here - Mike Gillis. He fucking sucks goat balls. AV has done an admirable job with this injury plagued season and key missing ingredients and a goalie whom Gillis won't but should have traded a long time ago for help somewhere else. I bet you blame AV for Gillis atrocious drafting record.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm

For what it's worth I still think Booth is a better player than Raymond once when the playoffs start. In the 3rd line slot you want some size and physicality, someone to finish checks and bring an edge to that slot. Having 5'9" Roy at center means it's essential to have wingers with some size. Raymond really is a feather. Booth may not have scored much in Canucks colours but he has taken the body effectively...something Raymond simply can't do. Booth also draws lots of calls with his work ethic. He has racked up some goals in his career so offensive potential is there, whether people care to admit it or not.
Seeing as he's under contract right now and hopefully will be dressing sometime in the 1st round, I can see him displacing Raymond to the press box.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby mathonwy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Tonight, I saw something that I've never seen before.

Cory Schneider cracking under the pressure. Cory was absolutely shelled in the third and as goal after goal went in, we saw his play get sloppier and sloppier. His rebound control was absolute shite, he was passing the puck horribly and he was caught out of position a lot.

Luo on the other hand, has been through the ringer and I think his control over his emotions is much better now versus even a couple years ago.

The question is, is Cory the right goalie to go with right now when the chips are down? Your Canucks are trending downwards right now. I don't have any solid statistics to back this up. Just a gut feeling based on watching them play the last 10 games. Maybe we need a consistent familiar veteran presence in net right now to right the ship.

It's easy to point fingers right now but SRSLY, what does that really accomplish?

We need stability right now that typically starts with the guy in net.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Postby Meds » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:12 am

RoyalDude wrote:Here's the difference between you and I, Meds, when it comes to all things Canucks. You look for scapegoats, lower guys down the totem pole to throw under the bus. Me? I got straight to the top, the man in charge, the architect, the puppet master, string puller, top dog, king pin, buck stops here - Mike Gillis. He fucking sucks goat balls. AV has done an admirable job with this injury plagued season and key missing ingredients and a goalie whom Gillis won't but should have traded a long time ago for help somewhere else. I bet you blame AV for Gillis atrocious drafting record.


No. The difference between you and I, RD, is that when it comes to all things Canucks, I look wherever I see a problem, doesn't matter if it's at the top or the bottom, and I say why they should go and I say where I would send them and what I would try to do. That's what most people around here do who see problems and think there is a guy who should go or a move that should be made. But you don't. So we'll break down this post of yours.

Gillis has sucked goat balls? Ok. He should have traded Luongo somewhere a long time ago for help somewhere else. Alright, that's a given, and you'll get no argument from me on that. Well apparently he's been trying to do that for a while. He was trying before the lockout, and then he started trying as soon as the lockout was ended. So far the best offer he has gotten back was Bozak and a 2nd or something. At the deadline he was offered Scrivens and a couple of picks (not firsts). The offers haven't been there. But let's put you in his shoes. Who would you have traded Luongo for? Tell us? And be real, not a pipe dream. We know he asked for some good prospects from Florida, they said no thanks, price is too steep. So tell us what YOU would have done in his place. So far you have made it sound like all he has to do is pick up the phone and say, "Hey Dale, I want Bjugstad and Huberdeau for Louie.....oh, and throw in a 1st rounder and a backup goalie too." It's just that easy. So man up Dude, tell us how he should have done the job, don't just point to what he hasn't done. Tell us how he should of done it. Let's here it Dude.

Then let's look at coaching. Vigneault has done an admirable job during an injury plagued season. Ok. Let's say this season is a wash for judging Vigneault. Let's look at last year, and the year before and then compare them to this year. Are we seeing the same mistakes? Are we seeing the same problems on the breakout? Are we seeing the same players fucking up? Are we seeing the same lack of scoring? Are we watching them coast through games? Are we watching the same lack of intensity? Does the team unravel quickly? Has the PP been totally anemic all year? Has the team been on a steady decline and appeared completely predictable since 2011? The answer to all of those questions is yes.

And I hardly think that the coach is a low guy on the totem pole to be throwing under the bus. Throwing the likes of Ballard, Alberts, Barker, Lapierre, Weise, Sestito, Ebbett, Schroeder, Kassian, and Pinizotto, under the bus those guys are low on the totem pole here. Schroeder and Kassian are young players who need to develop, neither of them should be developing on the 4th line because neither of them are 4th line players. The rest of those guys are either 4th liners, 13th or 14th forwards, or 6th, 7th, and 8th on the blueline. And ya know what? The effort is almost always there from them. It's the core of this team that seems to have gone to sleep. It's the JOB OF THE COACH to wake them up and find ways to motivate them. Look at almost any team in pro sports, when you have talent like the Canucks have, the coach gets replaced before core guys get replaced. Then, if there is still no change, then you start moving key pieces and re-tooling in order to spark the team and fill in the holes.

So Gillis is at fault for one thing, not replacing the coach after watching the same shit show for the last 2 years. The team is stale. There is no spark lately and no switch to be flipped, apparently, and coaches who have top talent that goes stale often find themselves looking for another job.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Per and 2 guests