04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:I don't know what is worse - Booth's 1 empty net goal in 11 games or Kassian's 1 goal in last 27 games. But if I'm a bettin' man, odds are, Mëds thinks this is AV's fault.
Nope. I'm not blaming AV for Booth's 1 EN in 11 games. Booth was totally snake bitten. Just about any other player who goes as hard as Booth did, and got the chances he got would probably have had 4 or 5 goals in that span. Booth couldn't buy one.

BTW, Booth was on the 4th line for half of those 11 games. 1 EN goal in 11 games for a guy on the 4th line is about par for the course.

Kassian has hit a pile of posts and also missed a bunch of nets. He's shown some spark and physical engagement since his "conditioning stint" in Chicago. But he does need more finish and needs to shoot more, he passes too much like his idol, Bertuzzi, did.....but Kassian doesn't have a Markus Naslund to hit with the puck.

I do think Kassian is completely wasted on a line with Ebbett or on a 4th line with Lap and Weise/Sestito. He's a young kid who needs to be utilized properly to develop. He should be a permanent fixture with the Sedins on the PP. He's bigger than any of the forwards we see out there, and who cares if he's a bit irresponsible defensively right now. You should NEVER be playing in your own end on the PP as much as the Canucks do.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hank wrote:Oh Burr, why would you lay a pass like that into Ballard's feet when you're both skating towards each other in your own zone? Dude had no chance.

Who were the scouts that rated Barker that highly? He is not even an AHL defenceman.

Mëds, what are the alternatives? Barker with Alberts?
It would help if the coach & Gm were doing their job. :mad:
Ballard Alberts & Barker should be 7th, 8th & 9th on our depth chart.

That said, the 'Nucks are tired, last game of a 5 game road trip, missing 2 key D men and playing a Dallas team desparate to get a win.
The canucks are on cruise control until the playoffs.
A crappy game, but not the end of the world.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anybody else have a serious need for a prescription of zoloft for us not winning the Presidents Trophy this year?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:Is it me, or do other teams continue to have a field day with the Sedins without any retribution?
This team has tiny little squirrel balls. I hate watching them get bitch slapped night in and night out by little runts like Stephan Robidas and nobody steps up for them. It's a fuckin joke actually
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zamboni Driver wrote:

I'm sure if we dug deep enough we would reveal that AV is the blame behind all of Gillis mistakes. At least Mëds thinks so.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is it me, or do other teams continue to have a field day with the Sedins without any retribution?
This team has tiny little squirrel balls. I hate watching them get bitch slapped night in and night out by little runts like Stephan Robidas and nobody steps up for them. It's a fuckin joke actually
We have Dale Weise and Kassian for that, but just not sure why teams don't seem all that concerned about getting payback for kicking sand in the faces of the Sedins.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Mëds said:
These are the Canucks as they have been ALL SEASON LONG. The difference has been the goaltending of Roberto Luongo, first, and then Cory Schneider. Tonight they didn't get the goaltending. This is what happens. Every night this year where they have not gotten all-star goaltending the Canucks have looked worse than the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames.
Mëds
+1
and no BOLD MOVES from Gillis all year and no way will AV make the Kesler line the #1 line..Gotta stick with the twins :(
Maybe the only thing this game showed was the reason AV used Rome over ballard consistently ????
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
We have Dale Weise and Kassian for that, but just not sure why teams don't seem all that concerned about getting payback for kicking sand in the faces of the Sedins.
Having stars that need protecting sucks.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

makes me miss the days of Smyl, Fraser, Williams, Delorme. That Canuck team that went on that cup run back in 82 is my kind of team, take no shit from no one. But fear not, we have Baby Jesus Booth to help guide this team through the valley of darkness.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tiger wrote:
+1
and no BOLD MOVES from Gillis all year and no way will AV make the Kesler line the #1 line..Gotta stick with the twins :(
Maybe the only thing this game showed was the reason AV used Rome over ballard consistently ????
Statement of the year. Would love to see Rome back there instead of that useless tard Baltard. No worries, Bold moves Gillis has a Bold Plan...apparently
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:I don't know what is worse - Booth's 1 empty net goal in 11 games or Kassian's 1 goal in his last 27 games. But if I'm a bettin' man, odds are, Mëds thinks this is AV's fault.
AV has worn out his welcome.
But MG has to take a big chunk of the blame on this mess.
Mëds wrote: I do think Kassian is completely wasted on a line with Ebbett or on a 4th line with Lap and Weise/Sestito. He's a young kid who needs to be utilized properly to develop. He should be a permanent fixture with the Sedins on the PP. He's bigger than any of the forwards we see out there, and who cares if he's a bit irresponsible defensively right now. You should NEVER be playing in your own end on the PP as much as the Canucks do.
I disagree, Kassian should be on the 3rd line or 2nd at best until he figures out the defensive aspect of the game.
Problem is, Ebbett is at best a 4th liner, and we lack a proper 3rd line center, (rentals notwithstanding)
Assuming that we will see Higgins/Roy/Hansen as a 2a line and Raymond/Kes/Kassian as 2b, things should improve.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Having stars that need protecting sucks.
Nobody fucked with Thomas Gradin back then, why? His linemates were Smyl and Fraser. Then you had dingbat nut jobs like Williams and Delorme following up.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can somebody explain to me why Mëds is not coaching this team instead of AV? Apparently Kassian would be a superstar if it weren't for AV.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:

I'm sure if we dug deep enough we would reveal that AV is the blame behind all of Gillis mistakes. At least Mëds thinks so.
Canucks summer to-do list:

Goodbye Booth
Goodbye Ballard
Goodbye AV
Goodbye MG

Just sayin'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Goodbye Booth
Goodbye Ballard
Goodbye AV
Goodbye MG

Just sayin'
100% agree. AV isn't to blame but this team is stale on all fronts. I've been watching this brand of hockey for too long now, it's boring as hell.