04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 04/18 Canucks @ Stars LIVE ON SNET-P Radio: 1040 @ 5:30

Post by Tiger »

and is nobody on this board ever going to criticize the Sedins?
3 penalties .. and no scoring?
Ballard ? wtf..
Defence? Other than Garrison and Alberts it sucks
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Edler the turnover machine...

I fear for our defense. :(
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Oh Burr, why would you lay a pass like that into Ballard's feet when you're both skating towards each other in your own zone? Dude had no chance.

Who were the scouts that rated Barker that highly? He is not even an AHL defenceman.

Mëds, what are the alternatives? Barker with Alberts?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

A Canucks d-man touches the puck and yadda yadda yadda its in our net :drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

While I'm typing and giving Ballard some credit tonight, he combines with Burrows to screw up and it's in our net.

How many games now is this where we've watched the Canucks play the majority of their game trying to get the puck out?

Is it the players or is the "system" just ineffective against hard forechecking and aggressive attackers?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:While I'm typing and giving Ballard some credit tonight, he combines with Burrows to screw up and it's in our net.

How many games now is this where we've watched the Canucks play the majority of their game trying to get the puck out?

Is it the players or is the "system" just ineffective against hard forechecking and aggressive attackers?
Considering AV put Ballard on almost immediately, I think there's culpability on both Burr and Ballard.

Nobody is having a good game including Schneider who looks completely out of sorts.

Sorry, never mind.

Geezes fucking christ man. These are your Canucks at their absolute worst. I'd love to say, forget this one and move on but this is really fucking bad... :drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tiger wrote:and is nobody on this board ever going to criticize the Sedins?
3 penalties .. and no scoring?
Ballard ? wtf..
Defence? Other than Garrison and Alberts it sucks
No. You don't criticize the Sedins. It's an unwritten law. I used to break it on the old site, got ripped for it. :roll:

Personally I think that the coach(es) has to take responsibility here. The Twins are great players, but the aren't effective right now. A good coach, worth his salt, can get players to shoot and take advantage of golden opportunities rather than just passing endlessly in an attempt to make the pretty play that fools everyone and look so smart. If a regular player doesn't respond to a coach, and they still aren't scoring, then generally the player is moved. If it is a star player, then generally the coach is moved. Neither has happened here. So in this, I will defer to RD and point the finger at Gillis as well as Vigneault and the Sedins. But I will still fault Vigneault and Gillis more than the players. Vigneault for not holding EVERY player accountable and making them earn their minutes. Gillis for not axing Vigneault.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote:While I'm typing and giving Ballard some credit tonight, he combines with Burrows to screw up and it's in our net.

Considering AV put Ballard on almost immediately, I think there's culpability on both Burr and Ballard.

Nobody is having a good game including Schneider who looks completely out of sorts.

Sorry, never mind.

Geezes fucking christ man. These are your Canucks at their absolute worst. I'd love to say, forget this one and move on but this is really fucking bad... :drink:
These are the Canucks as they have been ALL SEASON LONG. The difference has been the goaltending of Roberto Luongo, first, and then Cory Schneider. Tonight they didn't get the goaltending. This is what happens. Every night this year where they have not gotten all-star goaltending the Canucks have looked worse than the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames.

Obviously it's very hard to win when you aren't getting any shots on net, but when you are getting 37+ shots through and only scoring one goal.....something is very wrong.

3 of the goals that Dallas scored Cory gets a pass on. 2 of them he could have had. Doesn't matter. His team is only scoring 1 goal.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It's all by design...limp into the playoffs then BANG!

16-0

Nobody saw us coming :mex:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don't know what is worse - Booth's 1 empty net goal in 11 games or Kassian's 1 goal in his last 27 games. But if I'm a bettin' man, odds are, Mëds thinks this is AV's fault.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It's all by design...limp into the playoffs then BANG!

16-0

Nobody saw us coming :mex:
Where have I read this before? :look:

:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, lets' call a spade a spade - Keith Ballard is shite! But according to folklore, AV could be the catalyst to this.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Schneider shat the bed tonight, but maybe, just maybe this isn't Cory's fault and that AV fucked this up by not starting Luongo instead.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is it me, or do other teams continue to have a field day with the Sedins without any retribution? I should ask Mëds if this is AV's fault. Odds are, it is.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder if Luggage Eyes will sign another big named left shot defenseman this off-season.